Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Lane Johnson is an idiot and home field advantage is back now that the defense is back.

Eagles keys: Sack Eli. Don't drop passes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

axeil posted:

Nelson Agholar needed a replay review to get half of his catches. Jesus christ he needs to be loving gone.

I think the only explanation for the ref calling that not a catch initially is they just didn't conceive of the possibility Nelson Agholor would catch a pass. It was painful watching him appeal to the ref because you knew how much he needed it and it was like a 4-5 yard catch.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

CowboyKid posted:

Nah, beating the Eagles in the Playoffs is the best.

Especially after shutting them out in the last game of the season.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Ravens, IMO.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Watching this guy dance all night was the most entertaining part of the game for me.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Eagles win out. Cowboys lose out. Eagles win division. Come on 2016, you can do this.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

poo poo, we play them on New Year's Day. There goes that.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I'm going to be at that game solely for the purpose of getting drunk before that game.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Benefit of Eagles not in playoffs: Very good chance of an NFC East Hard Knocks next year.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Nah, it's gonna be Eagles. The ratings will be best ever. Novacare is the best drama mine in the league and the Eagles can be forced into this unless they fire Pederson. Post Dallas Super Bowl Philly will be much more entertaining viewing than Post Super Bowl Dallas.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I'm proud of Agholor for making a few tough, gutsy catches Sunday anyway. But yeah, just plainly not good enough to start in this league.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

The corners might actually be worse as a group but it's taken everybody forever to notice.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I definitely hate the Redskins and their fans. lovely, racist organization.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I'm gonna have a hoagie and some lager and then I'm gonna beat up my Redskins fan nephew who is coming up for the game. Hopefully he doesn't see this post. I will share the lager and hoagies though.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

All I want is for the New Years Day game to have any meaning at all, even if it's just denying home field throughout or a bye for the Cowboys.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I intentionally decided not to go with the Dumb & Dumber meme why do you do this to me best division besides terrible eagles thread?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Seriously though, I'm at the end of my patience with the Redskins coming into the Linc and pulling poo poo like head to head hitting our long snapper or punt returner or blind side knocking out our QB on a pick. If the Eagles don't physically kick the poo poo out of this team the next time they come into this town. I'm going to be pissed at them, not the Skins. When this team comes back to town again, it's time for Buddy style Eagles football.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 14, 2016

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Jason Peters was basically about to murder multiple Redskins after that hit on Sproles but only stopped because we don't have any more backup linemen. I hope he keeps that anger inside of him for next year.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Dak Prescott is a talentless goon. I'm not even salty about the success, it's just making Dallas more likely to embrace Quincy Carter 2.0 and reject Tony "Tom Brady" Romo. This is all gravy from an Eagles fan perspective.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 14, 2016

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Nelson Agholor is the greatest WR who has ever lived.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Going for two was completely idiotic. This is not hindsight. You go for two and you have one shot and one mistake kills you. A Raven got a finger tip on a ball, game over.

Don't talk about respecting the cojones and the gamble. Good gamblers don't play against the odds, Pederson just did. That's not bravery or confidence, it's pure stupidity. Playing to win means giving yourself the best chance to win, not rolling the dice cause you feel hot or whatever. This was playing to lose and it led quickly to a loss.

I don't believe in talking about firing coaches after their first year, but if I see this kind of late game idiocy again next year you can bet I'll be leading that bandwagon.

Apparently every single person besides me in Philadelphia disagrees though, so whatever!

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We might get injured in OT? Playoff chances are low? :frogout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 18, 2016

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I repeat what I said before. Just let us be able to screw the Cowboys somehow, no matter how minor.

Chichevache posted:

Play to win the war, not the battle.

Wentz could use overtime experience. How else is he going to learn games can end in ties? :mcnabb:

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 19, 2016

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

lol we're playing on thursday? I actually have to go to get on the subway and go to a professional football game on thursday. I have made all of next week's plans based on this game occurring at 1 on a Sunday like a real football game. Well, team should be fresh for a quick turnaround thanks to that bye we had 15 eons ago on week 4. I would have sold these tickets to giants fans if i knew it was thursday, but i already invited family so i'm screwed and now have to actually attend thursday night "football."

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 19, 2016

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Hmmm, almost want to root against the Eagles now. How would a tie impact things?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

lol I just want the last game to matter to the cowboys somehow because I have tickets for it.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

e: i'm not sober

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 23, 2016

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/status/812169372844380164

he mad

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Cowboys stink. Put Eagles in playoffs.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I have a vendetta against the Redskins but it isn't secret.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

People are assuming Lane Johnson is going to move over, but that still leaves a hole at RT and Lane loves him some drugs so who knows what will happen there.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

The weather was really nice that day so he was probably concerned with butt overheating, I don't think he is anti-butt heating in general.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

There should really be a rule that all NFC East teams automatically get playoff berths every year. These games have been lame.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

He said, before the Giants lost in a blowout.

Another meltdown for OBJ after the game. I hope Giants fans appreciate how much this guy wants to win for them. I don't think there is another player in the league who cares this much. (Or maybe he just needs anger management treatment.)

https://twitter.com/jordanraanan/status/818273628483526657

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Haha, I punched multiple holes in the wall as a teenager. I'm not sure it's mental illness as much as immaturity. Being a top flight athletic star with people worshiping your every move can stunt your development in other areas. OTOH, I don't repeatedly see headlines like this about other players.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Never Howie's fault. Never. Next year we will overpay for DeSean and our WR play will be better. Because coaching. So hey, how bout our DB coach? Is the corner play his fault?

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 10, 2017

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Member that time Agholor was lined up wrong and ate a penalty that cost us a TD and all he had to do for that not to happen was look to the sideline to see Greg Lewis right there screaming like a madman that he was lined up wrong? I member.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/nelson-agholors-penalty-was-worse-than-we-thought/

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Carson Wentz is the greatest rookie QB of this season and all time. Dak is a total fraud. If Lane Johnson wasn't a drug addict, the Eagles would have won the division and the Super Bowl.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

quote:

NFC East Standings, games played in 2017:

Eagles 1-0
Giants 1-1
Redskins 0-1
Cowboys 0-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

paternity suitor posted:

As a child raised in the Philly burbs in the 90's, every Cowboys failure is delicious and always will be. I picture children with bowl cuts wearing Cowboys starter jackets crying, and it just makes me so happy

• Locked thread