Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

With every team at .500 or above, the NFC East is ready to shed Clownball status. Two of the most exciting rookie QBs are lighting it up in Dallas and Philadelphia. Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I hope for this thread to lead to some good discussion between fans of NFCE teams.

Is Washington's win streak going to continue? And what's been the driving factor? Seems like their defense is winning games, but they haven't beaten anyone impressive outside of the division. The Steelers, who have been stomped by the Eagles and the Dolphins, handled them easily.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lote posted:

I'm hoping that the Cowboys make Tony the back-up for the Browns game and then Tony comes in after a play :getin:

I wouldn't mind a two quarterback system. It would be interesting to see in the NFL.

Him getting all the first team reps in practice might tip off the ruse

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Non-Cowboys NFCE teams fans: Do you think Romo should start and when? I've seen endless discussion amongst Dallas fans, but I'd like to hear from the other teams in the division.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Nodoze posted:

Dak Prescott will never be as good as Tony Romo

I'm okay with this. A lot of QBs worse than Tony Romo have won Super Bowls. One of them, also in the same division, even won two!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Romo should probably never actually play football again.

the patriots are not in the NFC east (aka best division in the NFL) so gently caress off

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I don't think pointing to a team being above .500 at the time is a good argument. If they are no longer above .500, that just shows that the team was overrated and the win isn't as impressive

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

NattyBo posted:

The Eagles are still above .500 and NYG and BAL are .500 and would be above .500 if they had not lost to Washington.

Okay, fair enough. And yeah those numbers do look good. I think its Washington or Dallas for the division win

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The best thing Eagles fans can feel about the Vikings game is that they will get a chance to see how Wentz responds to having an abysmal game. Does he lose confidence and become poo poo? Does he play through it with poise and learn?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I think Wentz is going to be kicking rear end in the league, but obviously it's too early to know if he will move into the top of QBs. Eagles fans, a lot of people say Wentz only throws short routes. How is his medium and deep ball? I've seen a couple great throws from him, but I haven't watched a full eagles game yet.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

How much longer will Eli keep playing? What is his current contract looking like? Are Giants fans beginning to wonder about planning for his replacement? I know Cowboys fans have been anxious about life after Romo for a few years now. We got absurdly lucky with Dak.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

AvesPKS posted:

I haven't really seen them demonstrate the ability to run the ball when they need to

I don't get what happened to Alfred Morris. As a rookie he was tearing it up. Then he disappeared and is now the backup on the Cowboys, getting five or so carries a game.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

Dak is Alex Smith

Alex Smith was drafted first overall eleven years ago. Dak is a fourth round rookie. I am MORE than okay with this comparison right now.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

huh? Is Football Outsiders ranking Romo over Aikman and Staubach now?

Sorry if you are making a joke or something, but you seemed to state that without a hint of facetiousness.

It's not a joke. Romo is better than both. Even Aikman says Romo is better.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

When he goes to Denver and wins two Super Bowls in a row, then maybe people will give him credit. Maybe

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Philly and Washington please lose badly, thanks

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

Maybe I'm just not in touch with Dallas local media, but literally every time I see the legacy of Romo mentioned in a national press, the commentator is almost tripping over himself to defend why Romo is The Best QB of All Time.

I'll never understand the persecution complex that Dallas fans have WRT Romo. The media loves him.

so what you're saying is you started watching football in 2014

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

indigi posted:

Wentz is a bust

cant even hand off the ball

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Why did he not start sooner?

Also, thread title still true

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Has Philly at Dallas next week always been a primetime game?

Yes

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

If the Cowboys convincingly win the next two games (vs Eagles, at Vikings) can we consider them the best team in the NFC?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ooops I had a brainfart and forgot my own team's schedule

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Turns out Shakespeare was a fan of the NFC East:

Henry IV posted:

Why dost thou converse with that trunk of humors, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloakbag of guts, that roasted Manningtree ox with the pudding in his belly

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Nodoze posted:

He can't though

The only throws I ask him to make are ones that land far from his receivers or land in the hands of his opponents, and he manages to do that very well

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Okay NattyBo. I think I have been unfairly harsh on Cousins. He has played fairly well. So here's what I'm gonna do: I'll watch the Bengals game with a completely open mind, no preconceptions. However Cousins does, I will base my opinion on that and never change my mind no matter what. If he plays a bad game this morning, he is trash forever. If he plays incredibly, he is in the GOAT conversation.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

There is a good football game coming on tonight.

Weird that you describe your team being mauled as "good"

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm not ready to make a prediction at this moment, but I would say that if Philly were at home they would win by at least 17 points.

why is every post you make so dumb and wrong?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

This is perfect. Natty can continue to defend Kirk as the best QB in the NFL, and everyone else can acknowledge that he is just good enough to not win or not lose a game.

:laffo:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

NattyBo posted:

Says the guy who has had a Manning (granted, the just ok one, but still) at QB for a decade).

Good QBs for my team in my lifetime are:

1 season of Mark Rypien, 1 season of Brad Johnson.

That's it, that's the list.

Rex Grossman

but yeah Romo has played for my entire NFL fandom, so I don't know what it's like to not have a good QB. I'm happy for you that you're happy and excited

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

yeah but we dont have the broncos in our division

Owned

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

:siren:one more post about regionchat and this thread is kaput.:siren:

This thread is for football discussion of the NFC East.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

gently caress you Doltos!!!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I was going to re-open the thread soon anyway

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

My opinion is that the Cowboys are cool and good but I'm worried they're gonna trip up tomorrow.

yeah im sure the 31st ranked run defense is going to stuff league-leading rusher Ezekiel Elliot

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Eagles don't have a home field advantage

blue squares fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 5, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Eagles and Giants posters: This game is for #2 in the division, which I think will be really important for whoever hopes to catch and pass Dallas if the Cowboys stumble. So, what are your keys to the game?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Iodised QQ posted:

It's the same deal as always for the Giants against the Eagles, it'll come down to how their OL plays. The Eagles defense for the past few years has been good to very good against the pass and mediocre to very bad against the run. Teams with NFL caliber offensive lines can slow the Eagles' pass rush considerably by running between the B gaps against them and at least putting the idea of the run in the back of their very good DL's heads. The Giants can't run on anyone and haven't been able to in over 5 years. The Saints completely shut down their shotgun inside trap runs with 6 in the box. The Saints.

So the Giants' complete inability to take advantage of the Eagles' defensive weaknesses allows them to just tee off on Eli all game. The Giants OL has been amongst the worst in the league week in and week out for years, but they seem to save their most gutless performances for these Eagle games. They'll rush 4 and drop 7 with 2 very deep safeties all game and it'll be up to the Giant tight ends (not the recently benched Larry Donnell, progress) and random running backs to get open and force them to change that coverage. The Giants haven't been able to do that for years because they're really bad at both of those positions and so a very basic gameplan shuts them down. I'm hoping the bye week allowed the Giants to have some serious self scouting and change personnel and playcalling up quite a bit but I doubt they've been able to change too much.

On defense the Giants matchup well if they can get all 3 of their starting corners in the game. I don't know how healthy they are out of the bye but if Jenkins/DRC/Apple all play moderately well then it mostly comes down to preventing big plays and making the Eagles' have long drives down the field. Oh and please don't give up any special teams' touchdowns.

Thanks for the detailed post!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

JEsus Steelers are grabbing the poo poo out of our facemasks today

BAN!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Another incredible NFC East matchup. Why are they ever not primetime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

For as much of a bummer as it is to be last in the division, the Eagles have lost their 4 games by an average of only 4.25 points. That has to be among the lowest differentials in the league when it comes to losses.

fun idea, check out the 2015, 4-12 Cowboys loss margins

• Locked thread