Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

For as much of a bummer as it is to be last in the division, the Eagles have lost their 4 games by an average of only 4.25 points. That has to be among the lowest differentials in the league when it comes to losses.

Also:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Eagles offense should be very rested, at least. They never travel downfield

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The NFC East is not only the best division but also the best overall division for quarterbacking. Is there any other division that comes close to the NFC East's QB talent? Maybe the NFC South.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

NattyBo posted:

Yes please

PATHETIC

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I would hate an NFC championship game between teams in the same division. Divisional games rarely reflect which team is the better team overall. The NFC Champion should be the better team

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Dak Prescott with a 121 passer rating retains the title of best passer rating for a rookie in NFL history

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Shangri-Law School posted:

The NFC East can't beat the Lions.

true because the Cowboys will be resting starters in week 16, too

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Which is really scary because gently caress playing a division rival in the playoffs

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

When Romo is ready to play, will that mean Kirk Cousins is no longer one of the top four QBs in the division?

bad timing bro, Romo had a press conference today to announce that Dak has earned the starting spot and will continue to play.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

Agholor seems busted, but you need to give him a year or two more to see.

oh my god you are the loving worst and are so dumb

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mark Sanchez is going to beat the Eagles in Week 17

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

The Eagles have a more talented defense than the Cowboys by quite a bit, and are much better at generating pass pressure. That said, the one thing the Cowboys defense has done really well this season is avoid giving up explosive plays. They're among the best in the league at not giving up a bunch of extra yards on plays, even if they aren't necessarily stifling when it comes to pass pressure or stuffing the run. The Eagles also have a better ST unit, owing to having better talent on defense that can feed said unit.

On offense, the Cowboys blow the Eagles away in both the pass and the run. I'd say that on the whole, the Eagles' defense is good but a bit overrated statistically based on the poo poo teams they've beaten (excepting Atlanta), while the Cowboys' offense is more legitimate (and improving over the course of the season). On the flip side, the Eagles' offense is below average, while the Cowboys defense manages to be just about average, so the Cowboys have a better team on the whole.

thats a lot of words when you could have just wrote "8-1 bitch"

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So Romo asked for a chance to prove he should still start and was told no.

gently caress.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chichevache posted:

this is too good a narrative not to happen.

I'll root for him!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Kirk Cousins would never support such whining

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Id prefer a 1-3 with the Eagles being the only winning team

hell, me too

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

gently caress the cowboys!!!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Sickening posted:

I feel like this dooms your team to be the only NFC east team to lose.

agreed; Karma bitch

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Steve Smith please dont put any more Cowboys DBs onto IR

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

89 posted:

But the entire NFC East being good hurts your NFC East team. I'd much rather have a lot of scam wins at 11-12 wins than 7-8 hard fought wins when that 7-8 wins sends your team home after Week 17 and you get to watch your NFC East foes take your team's place.

what a coward

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

go cowboys playoffs here we come

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Dak was fantastic for all but the first 2-3 drives. hard to imagine Romo would do any better. And he historically turns the ball over more, meaning the Ravens might have won if he had done so

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I think I would rather another heartbreaking Super Bowl loss to the Patriots than an NFC Championship loss to the Cowboys.

You'd rather go to the Super Bowl than not go to the Super Bowl. Wow

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

89 posted:

Cut all of our receivers. Cut Nelson Agholor twice. Keep Wentz, Ertz, Celek, Sproles, and the o-line and start over.

But for real, we have a favorable schedule ahead of us. We could easily win out.

Packers (home)
Bengals (away)
Redskins (home)
Ravens (away)
Giants (home)
Cowboys (home)

the Eagles are going to lose every single one of those games unless Mark Sanchez and the rest of the Cowboys second string plays in Week 17

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

Please close thread until all teams are once again above .500

I'll close it if you can name a better division. Overall record is not the only metric

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Ah, well in that case: the NFC West, the only division that will win a Super Bowl in 2017.

i will accept this but only if you can demonstrate it using numerology in 18 or more connections

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Ezekiel will break the gently caress down because he's a rookie and can't handle 19 loving games of work horsing it. Dak is going to run into a real defense and be absolutely clueless. The Cowboys won't even make the NFCCG. Probably going to lose in the divisional round, unless they get a favorable matchup. I see Kirk Cousins slicing and dicing them.

A real defense like.... the ravens?

why do you keep posting in this thread? go make a NFCW thread or something

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Nah like the Giants

Gotta say I am so excited to get revenge against the Giants on Sunday Night Football

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

shyduck posted:

It's a Thursday nighter :negative:

wrong, idiot

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Barry Church will take his ball away again

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Dallas Cowboys will own the NFC East the way the Patriots own the AFC East. It's on.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Dak is right now the greatest rookie QB in NFL history through 11 games

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Dak is good but he can literally just sit there behind that line and throw the ball

Cowboys oline is so good and they dont even seem to get hurt

Thats Some bullshit.

he can also run all over the place and score touchdowns with his feet

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I don't hate any teams in the whole league. They're all full of hardworking athletes who have dreams. Except the Steelers

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The giants went 3 and out against the Browns. Imagine how fun this thread will be if they lose

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

dest posted:

As unlikely as that may seem today, having lost the final win-and-in game from 2011-2013... I'm going to be nervous until the playoff birth is clinched.

Fivethirtyeight gives the Cowboys a >99% chance of making the playoffs

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Zoran posted:

The Eagles have brought shame upon our division.
lmao

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Kirk calling Aaron Rodgers "Gandalf the White" is code for gay

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, The Cowboys offense looked so good against the Vikings. :jerkbag:

Mariota against vikings 86.5 rating

Newton against vikings 47.6 rating

Manning against vikings 63.3 rating

Wentz against vikings 52.4 rating

Rodgers against vikings 70.7 rating

Stafford against vikings 87.6 rating

Cousins against vikings 110.9 rating

Palmer against vikings 63.3 rating

Stafford against vikings again 82.5 rating

Dak against vikings 108.3 rating

----

NFC East supremacy (not counting giants and eagles)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

NFC East is a garbage division full of garbage teams that America is forced to watch in primetime every week.

gently caress your poo poo division

AFC West bitch

America isnt forced; America chooses to watch us. Cowboys have set two TV ratings records this season

• Locked thread