Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Febreeze posted:

If the Cowboys are smart, they'll sit Romo until he's truly healthy instead of rushing him back and hurting him more. Romo is still better than Dak.

However Dak seems better at taking care of the ball, so I hope the Boys rush Romo back and ruin everything

I agree with this as the plan. Let Dak run into a roadblock before you bust out Romo. Romo will push himself out before he's 100%. Dude needs to get a few practices under his belt before he tries to force himself out onto the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NattyBo posted:

God's own division shouldn't have to mingle with the hoi poloi

:agreed: , Washington scum.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jesus Christ some of the poo poo people are making up in this Romo/Dak debate is embarrassingly stupid.

Radio guy admits he's pulling stuff out of his rear end, but says he feels like Dak works harder than Romo ever did. In six games. That Romo was coddled by Jerry, and he was an underachiever.

Let me help simplify the Romo/Dak debate: both are talented QBs, but one is coming back from yet another injury and the other is younger, more mobile, and not struggling with the offensive playcalls.

All of that is true, as opposed to blue/silver bleeders vomiting up nonsense. God drat.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Romo could very well be the best QB the Cowboys ever had, but it's a point that will never get past the bottom line lunkhead fans. Whenever he was on fire, his team was subpar. At his best, he was the best only part of his team worth watching.

This doesn't make him special or anything. Look at Philip Rivers. There's just some guys that wind up being saddled with braindead FOs and mediocre teams for way too long.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:wth:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

a new study bible! posted:

Maybe I'm just not in touch with Dallas local media, but literally every time I see the legacy of Romo mentioned in a national press, the commentator is almost tripping over himself to defend why Romo is The Best QB of All Time.

I'll never understand the persecution complex that Dallas fans have WRT Romo. The media loves him.

Are you kidding me? DFW hates him. Everyone just wants Aikman, Staubach, or trade for Peyton/Brady/Bo Jackson.

The blue/silver bleeders think Romo is the worst QB to ever exist on earth.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

axeil posted:

Yes and I'm nervous as gently caress for it. This has "heart breaking loss" written all over it. For both teams.

Maybe we'll tie :laffo:

god forbid. A tie would make the Dak/Wentz media circle jerk even worse.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Nice! posted:

the NFCE is all above .500 and no other division is close.

This season rules.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If I remember correctly, accuracy means "dude can throw where he aims to," whereas precision is "dude is accurate often."

Don't quote me on that though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TeeMerk posted:

put romo and dak on the field in the same formation....

Alternate QBS every play; keep the defense guessing who's going to throw the ball. Clownball, form zero.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blue squares posted:

Rex Grossman

but yeah Romo has played for my entire NFL fandom, so I don't know what it's like to not have a good QB. I'm happy for you that you're happy and excited

:same: and :agreed:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My opinion is that the Cowboys are cool and good but I'm worried they're gonna trip up tomorrow.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blue squares posted:

yeah im sure the 31st ranked run defense is going to stuff league-leading rusher Ezekiel Elliot

My fear doesn't take stats into account. It's all gut feeling, and typically the Cowboys scare me the most when everyone has them pegged to win no problem. I don't mind being called crazy/idiotic over this, though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kawalimus posted:

JEsus Steelers are grabbing the poo poo out of our facemasks today

oh yeah?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dear rest of NFC East:

There are many weeks that I hate you, and today is no exception. However, it can't be said enough that together our division is the best in the league. That can't be accomplished alone. I still wanna punch all of your teams in their collective crotches, and I assume y'all feel the same way about the Cowboys, but hell. I'm proud of this former dumpster fire. We finally turned the whole division around. Godspeed to the NFC East.

EDIT: :911:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

aBagorn posted:

I'm so mad he's on the Cowboys. I was carrying the torch HARD for him for the Eagles before the Wentz trade up and it pisses me off so much that the Cowboys got a legit QB to go with their dominant line, all world RB, and stud WR corps.

I'm not sleeping on Wentz. I can and can't wait to see the Wentz/Dak showdowns of the seasons to come.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Can't believe it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The AFCW is a great division and they should be allowed to post here.

Chiefs, bitch.

Keep dreamin, honey.:clint:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Doltos posted:

the nfc east bitch

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I hate Eli, but that gif belongs in a goddamn museum. Jesus.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

89 posted:

Speaking of, considering we are right a bit over halfway into the season....how has this Pederson+Roseman thing worked out?

We were looking at 3-4 wins the entire season going in. Instead of have PFF's #1 rated defense and special teams, what definitely appears to be our franchise quarterback FINALLY, and a coach who's very adaptable and very smart. Also, we could be flirting with 10-11 wins and sneak into the playoffs. Oh, and Roseman got our first round pick back for us. Pederson & Roseman have found themselves to be successful recruiters in the draft and free agency (Wentz obviously the big win, but other than the disaster of the first week, Big V has played decently, Jalen Mills has been admirable for a late late round pick. Then, Brandon Brooks is rated as a top 3 guard this year and Nigel Bradham & McCleod have been tremendous)

We dumped DeMarco....who admittedly would have added a whole new dimension to Pederson's offense we've been missing until last week. But gently caress DeMarco. Big loving Baby. Nobody is missing any of the Kelly cast offs (Byron lol). Kiko is doing well in Miami, but our LB core has been fantastic. Also, Chip Kelly has only won 1 game this year and has to deal with a toxic QB that is a social rights activist that doesn't vote and has stupid idiot hair.

Yay Eagles :)

Hating DeMarco Murray just makes ya look drat crazy.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NotWearingPants posted:

Yeah but we stole him away from the Cowboys so it was worth it.

But then the Cowboys didn't have a running back so they drafted Ezekiel Elliott.

unintended consequences. :argh:

Given Demarco's success so far this season, I think Cowboy opponents would have been hosed either way.:smug:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

predicto posted:

This.

All this talk about Dak and Ezekial is hard to evaluate. They may be special, they may not be.

The loving offensive line - that is what is special about the Cowboys right now. Jerruh may be a complete rear end in a million ways, but he understands the No. 1 fundamental fact of football - a dominant O-Line fixes almost all problems. It was true in the 90s when the line made Aikman look like an all-time great QB (he wasn't) and it still is true now.

Actually, jerry DOESNT understand that. Plenty of reports came out after each draft about how chapped he was at taking olinemen in the first round.

Hell, I think he'll tell you he was wrong about it nowadays.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thursday games have shown that the NFL flat out doesn't give a poo poo.

Thursday games should be for teams coming off a bye or something

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thanksgiving is the only exception to my bitchin about Thursday games. It's just tradition, baby.:colbert:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dak is crazy to me, because there are quarters/halves where he looks like straight trash. But because the line is as good as it is, because Zeke is as good as he is, Dak is typically able to recover JUST in time to win the game.

Yes, I really wish Romo was playing. Cause this offense is everything it never was when Tony was out there breaking his everything for this dumbass franchise.:smithicide:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

They are both good players. It's just, gently caress the Cowboys and gently caress "America's Team."

oh word?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blue squares posted:

gently caress the cowboys!!!

Heel turn???:chanpop:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NattyBo posted:

lol I have my cake and eat it too, I root against NY/Philly/Dallas but when the division is doing this well I'm :smug: as gently caress too

This. Hate the Giants, Iggles and Redskins, but the NFCE has been a clown car for so long that I can't ignore how well the division is doing. It's funny.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blue squares posted:

go cowboys playoffs here we come

:agreed: Hail satan

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So much jealousy in this thread, feels good to be the best.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I respectfully disagree.:tipshat:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheChirurgeon posted:

10 AND loving 1

EAT IT LOSERS

:thumbsup:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sickening posted:

Be proud that your division has the best team in all of football, the Dallas Cowboys.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
SICK DOUBLE POST

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Febreeze posted:

I hope every other NFCE team dies in a fire. A horrible fire, that burns slowly and painfully

but seriously, after years of NFCLEAST LOL and THE NFCE IS TERRIBLE STOP GIVING THEM PRIMETIME GAMES it's nice to shove it back in everyone's face as a whole

The hate divides us, yet it binds us together and makes us strong

I agree with this whole sentiment 100%.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zoran posted:

The Eagles have brought shame upon our division.

PURGE. PURGE THE SHAMEFUL LOSERS.

Just imagine me frothing at the mouth, and you'll get the gist of it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Every time Dallas plays a non joke team, they quickly take a turn for the worse, making hindsight a big thing. I do think the Ravens defense and the Redskins offense were legitimate tests though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Chilichimp posted:

Since when was it okay to be an annoying Cowboys fan in this subforum?

Probably around the time they became the best team in football, baby.:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Actually a pretty good chance

• Locked thread