Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I legitimately loving hate every team in this division, including my own (mostly). Romo is overrated and unclutch trash. Eli is a donkey brained mouth breather who is literally only good at lucking into wins in the superbowl. Kirk Cousins has duped a bunch of people who think using a racist slur for a nickname is a good idea into thinking that he is good, despite the fact that his average yards pg against even competent teams is like 180 lol.

Philly is great and Carson Wentz owns and is already the best QB in the division, but he'll never win a SB with Philly because I am doomed to be miserable for my entire life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

At least he killed the Patriots.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

TeeMerk posted:

Dallas has the 2 best qbs in the division and it's not even close.

Every NFCE game should be in prime time broadcast on every channel all over the world.

Not a chance. Wentz is already the best QB in the division. Don't be confused because Dallas has the better supporting cast.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I've been obnoxious in getting this point across in the GDTs, but in case you've forgotten, no, he shouldn't start. Let Dak play with the chemistry he's established and see what happens before going back to Romo.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

blue squares posted:

The best thing Eagles fans can feel about the Vikings game is that they will get a chance to see how Wentz responds to having an abysmal game. Does he lose confidence and become poo poo? Does he play through it with poise and learn?

This is basically how I felt after the first three games. While I didn't expect Philly to lose to the Lions or Skins, after the Steelers game I was pretty much convinced that Wentz would be good (and he's looked good in both of these losses- although he has been fortunate to have not been picked off more). I'm more interested in seeing him recover from looking lovely and getting knocked around at this point, because the ceiling looks so high, and I just want to get a sense of what "bad" Wentz looks like.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

blue squares posted:

I think Wentz is going to be kicking rear end in the league, but obviously it's too early to know if he will move into the top of QBs. Eagles fans, a lot of people say Wentz only throws short routes. How is his medium and deep ball? I've seen a couple great throws from him, but I haven't watched a full eagles game yet.

I think the 54 yard pass to Matthews has been one of his most impressive throws, second only to that pass he threw against Pitt where he got drilled. I think his deep game looks good, but I don't really know what to look for in giving an actual thoughtful analysis. That pass against the Skins looked like what the interception against the Lions should have looked like.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000721626/Carson-Wentz-finds-Jordan-Matthews-for-a-54-yard-catch

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

That video is also good to show how badly our RT sucks, because if Sproles doesn't pick up that block Wentz gets obliterated.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Maybe I'm just not in touch with Dallas local media, but literally every time I see the legacy of Romo mentioned in a national press, the commentator is almost tripping over himself to defend why Romo is The Best QB of All Time.

I'll never understand the persecution complex that Dallas fans have WRT Romo. The media loves him.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I believe that the Eagles will win today. Philly is back at home and Wentz can't miss.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

blue squares posted:

so what you're saying is you started watching football in 2014

ESPN has been sucking on Romo's knob since like 2010

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Randall Cunningham was the Eagles QB when I started watching football, so excuse you

:colbert:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Has Philly at Dallas next week always been a primetime game?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

blue squares posted:

If the Cowboys convincingly win the next two games (vs Eagles, at Vikings) can we consider them the best team in the NFC?

I think the Cowboys are certainly up there. If I were ranking the NFC right now, I would put it something like this:

1) Cowboys
2) Falcons
3) Vikings
4) Seahawks
5) Packers
6) Eagles

I think the Falcons are easy to sleep on because of their record, but the three games that they have lost were all really close and Seattle was actually going to lose but the noncalled dpi saved them.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

you have the Packers over the Cards? the Packers are only like +15 in points vs the Cardinals' +50. the Cards have played a tougher schedule and have largely stomped on bad teams while the Packers' only convincing win was against a Hoyer-led Chicago at home.

Admittedly I havent watched much Cardinals football, but arent they bad?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Amy Pole Her posted:

drat man don't make the black bar so tiny that dudes got a family

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

better trade him now and get what we can

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Wait, how can Kirk Cousins be the best QB in the NFL if Tony Romo is still in the league, and he is the greatest QB to ever play the game?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

There is a good football game coming on tonight.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm not ready to make a prediction at this moment, but I would say that if Philly were at home they would win by at least 17 points.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

blue squares posted:

why is every post you make so dumb and wrong?

Philly has the better defense.
Philly's defense is the best that Dallas will have played thus far.
Dallas is running Ezekiel Elliot into the ground.

I'm not going to pretend like Dallas isn't favored in the game, but Philly has shown up big twice this season when playing against teams that are favored. Obviously Philly needs to try and contain Elliot, and I think the front 4 can do their jobs, but it mostly depends on the LBs. We'll have to see if Schwartz uses Allen/Logan/Bradham to any effect. I think that Philly will do enough to force Dak to either win/lose the game for Dallas, but if they come out looking like they did against Washington, then they are in trouble.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 30, 2016

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

if the LBs have to play close to help the run game, Beasley and Witten are gonna eat up the middle of the field. poo poo, they're probably gonna do that anyway.

It seems to me that forcing Dallas to try and win this way is the best way to beat them.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Josh Gordon and Brandon Marshall are going to be Eagles before Tuesday.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

blue squares posted:

Okay NattyBo. I think I have been unfairly harsh on Cousins. He has played fairly well. So here's what I'm gonna do: I'll watch the Bengals game with a completely open mind, no preconceptions. However Cousins does, I will base my opinion on that and never change my mind no matter what. If he plays a bad game this morning, he is trash forever. If he plays incredibly, he is in the GOAT conversation.

This is perfect. Natty can continue to defend Kirk as the best QB in the NFL, and everyone else can acknowledge that he is just good enough to not win or not lose a game.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's amazing how many yards you can throw for when you have 15 extra minutes and don't give a gently caress about winning a football game.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

gently caress the Cowboys and gently caress the touchdown-wins-it-overtime-rule.

That's all.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yeah, well the Eagles have a fan who paddled down a river in a pumpkin. Dude has immaculate taste in quarterbacks and watercraft, and you other fuckass teams don't have anyone this rad supporting yall.

:smug::smug::smug:

No I am not salty, why do you ask?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Just listen to a few good sports podcasts if you want to get that same fix, but not be bombarded with stupidity.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

so we should listen to
  • The Right Time
  • Around the NFL
  • that's it, there's nothing else

I listen to Pardon My Take, which is good if you are looking for football jokes. I usually skip the interviews though, unless it's someone good.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm hoping that this game is the fire under Howies rear end to make a deal before tomorrow, if there are any deals out there for Marshall or Jeffrey or whoever to be made.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

I hope he doesn't make a move out of desperation. I don't think Alshon Jeffrey would be the difference in a deep January run

I agree in the case of Alshon, but if you can get Marshall on a fair deal for this year and next then that would be worth it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The big concern for me is how many seasons Peters has left.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

We are blessed.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's a shame that the Giants weren't playing, because the other three teams put on some good football.

Not Josh Norman though, he's a fuckboi.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Quiet Feet posted:

I played Eagles/Cowboys in Tecmo Super Bowl at the conclusion of last night's game and Philly won that 58-3, so there is that.

You also have that rad pumpkin dude that I posted on the last page.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

yeah but we dont have the broncos in our division

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

yeah AFC West, kiss our rings, the ones owned and shared collectively by the entire NFC East :smug:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Josh Huff gonna have to use his breakout speed real soon

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Free Ochocinco

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I didnt get to watch the game. How did Wentz look after the two early interceptions? Is he still good, or should we trade him for a 4th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

For as much of a bummer as it is to be last in the division, the Eagles have lost their 4 games by an average of only 4.25 points. That has to be among the lowest differentials in the league when it comes to losses.

• Locked thread