Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Oh good somewhere I can just say this:

I didn't really start keeping track or watching football until the last few years and certainly didn't pay Washington much mind while I was living there. Apparently they've always been this bogglingly stupid?? How have they not signed Cousins yet? What else are they going to do pick up a rookie and hope for the best? Not to mention letting their good receivers go.

I didn't know a professional team could be this bad at being sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I kept hearing how bad the redskins owner was but thought it might have been a biased source but nope. Money doesn't buy sense plainly.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

BexGu posted:

Synder is playing fantasy football with grown men and wants to be the person everyone praises when the Redskins win a superbowl. Its never going to happen but he'll keep loving up trying to get there.

Six years old but still relevant if you wanna get a feel of the kind of owner Synder is: http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/news/article/13039846/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder

..wow. WOW! Holy crap what a horrible person.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

ego symphonic posted:

That's only the start. He then filed a frivolous lawsuit against the author of that piece that was eventually dropped 7 months later because it was going to be dismissed for violating anti-SLAPP laws.

How can someone be this loaded and yet keep getting owned by life? That takes something special (he's plainly an idiot)

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Skins fired their GM and least the thing I'm listening to is ripping on Snyder and Alan several new ones and proclaiming how stupid everyone over there is. My favorite line was one I have been starting to gather is "if this wasn't an NFL team which is financially bullet proof Snyder would have run this into the ground like everything else he ever did" haha.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm boggled that by all accounts Washington actually did well.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

No one should work for Washington

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Washington's front office continues to be a poo poo show.

We don't need to bring in someone who isn't already on the payroll and might tell people above them things they don't like. Nope nope well make this guy a VP and call it good enough.

So looking forward to them stumble into another bland year.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

This is so spot on with everything else i hear/seen and I can't wait to see this stupid team implode.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm so ready to put this discussion to bed as much as it continues to amuse me.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Suspend everyone, lets bring in some scabs and watch the stupidity play out like when we had the refs striking.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

lol to no great surprise the washington football team hosed up and after next year won't have a quarterback to speak of mark my words. They're going to tank SO HARD

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I can't see many FA's going there for market prices if Snyder and his team are going to release petulant statements like this.

which statement? How they thought $20m/year was a fair idea? Cause yeah lol I don't know poo poo and I know what was stupid.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

There are non zero amount of people calling in to say Washington didn't gently caress this whole deal up. I shouldn't be but I'm flabbergasted. Yeah Cousins isn't the best QB in the NFL but these yahoos somehow think oh they'll just draft some kid or find someone else and it will be fine in a few years. That's what you want, another X years of failing to be anything but a joke I listen to cause that particular level of failure is amazing.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There is a nonzero number of people who don't understand math.

Bruce Allen's stupid statement only works on people who don't understand math.

Therefore there is a nonzero number of people who think Bruce Allen's statement isn't dogshit scraped across a piece of paper and that the Redskins didn't royally gently caress this up.

Why can't I just loving give up and cheer for Baltimore instead?

I feel for you. So glad I'm not really a fan I just like seeing this kind of stupidity play out for millions of dollars (see also: bitcoin)

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Who really wants to go on about how much they are a fan of the mediocre Washington team? I only keep up cause I hear about it through a show so I have better context.

Plus their big story for 6 months has been hey look how bad we hosed up getting a functional QB signed up or good players who are fragile as gently caress. Woo

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Lol I just caught the 6 games for Elliott, totally earned it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

It's all going to be a wonderful poo poo show for 3 teams and one shinning above the rest inexplicably.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

just so I'm clear we have it on video with him lifting that lady's top right? The whole thing with the ex is a poo poo show I've gathered.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

What a douche

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Who can afford to go to games at redskins stadium anyway, aren't they the 2nd most expensive place out of all 32 teams?

Plus yeah their offense needs to be in practice all week

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Folks the Redskins made the Raiders look like a bunch of scrubs and kept them to no yard how did this happen?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Except for the giants this division is going to be a show by week 17 far as which team(s) will make play offs. Assuming the cowboys don't tank

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm so waiting to see now if Washington somehow does that again, cause I know they have a habit of being hot at random times.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here (not really) and say the Giants are going to win their next two games and have a chance to get back to .500 and redeem their season against the Broncos in week 6's Sunday night game.

I'd be just as surprised at that as Steelers-Redskins was.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

axeil posted:

Honest question, how did the Bills so thoroughly beat them then? I think Dak is a way better QB than Tyrod but clearly the Bills figured out a way to beat them. Was it all just D + Shady?

Siamien couldn't stop over throwing the ball was the main take away I had watching it

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

At this point I'll believe anywhere from 0 to 3 cause who the hell knows with the NFL this year

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

lol man brutal but very likely correct.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Yudo posted:

They suck on Mondays vs. everyone. I think they are 1-16 in the Snyder era.

Yeah if they somehow don't lose Monday it will actually be more shocking than what happened Sunday night.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Sickening posted:

Wait, someone things romo is good in the booth? What?

I can see how this happened but you should fix this and watch any game with him.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

In the future maybe link vs massive wall of text

god drat was Wentz on fire

You call that a wall of text? lol

I'm so waiting for Washington to come back I want to see if they'll actually stay good and surprise us. Or smash into the wall as is their way

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Both Skin & Eagles both have to deal with being the win the 49s finally getting their win too, it's not like they're getting blown out. Hell I hear their last 2 games went to OT, sooner or later they're going to get lucky and sucks to be the team that could happen to.

I say this cause it will probably be Washington lol

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 9, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm going to be honest, I bet each year I could sleep with more women than the Browns win games

I'm in a monogamous relationship and I tied them last year and I'm winning this year

This is a good post. To be fair it's a lot easier to score with women than it is to win as the browns.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Skins can you please not gently caress this easy game up thank you.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Cash Monet posted:

I want Kirk Cousins out of my life. I don't care if he takes $10 mil of cap space with him I can't take debates over mediocre QBs its the loving worst.
whyskinsfansarethedumbest.txt

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Someone mentioned Denver, my GF would be thrilled to have him there so that would be win win for me. They get better, the Skins drop back into the pit.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Levitate posted:

I vaguely wander in and out of football and am constantly frustrated by how easy it is for all the players to get blown ACLs or other crazy injuries and derail a season but I still like to keep up sometimes and man am I just l laughing at loving Dan Snyder and Washington probably going to piss away the best quarterback they've had in forever because Snyder is butt hurt that RG3 failed. More years of wallowing in poo poo instead of building a team because the team is run by stupid assholes who know poo poo about player evaluation and anything other than jerking themselves off about how much power they have running the team
If you want a really good laugh search the thread for mentions of Mr Cousins and watch people actually want to get rid of him on this very forum

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm steadily convinced that Cousins has no desire whatsoever to be in Washington, and will continue to ride the Snyder gravy train so long as they keep franchising him. $34 million is well worth another year of dealing with this clusterfuck of a front office, but if he hits the open market I think he'll happily find another organization that isn't run by the NFL equivalent of the Trump administration.

then we get to mock washington for another 20 years and hammer the idiots fans on welp this is what you wanted. and I will laugh and laugh and laugh.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The only thing I remember about the game last night besides lol FUMBLED AGAIN?! is Cousins making that sick throw on the run that would have made Aaron Rodgers proud.

Oh and 13 men on the field :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I heard on the radio today that Bruce Allen as the Totally Not The GM's record is 44-79-1? Something really bad but welp. Waiting to see how empty their home games are going to be.

• Locked thread