Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

romanowski posted:

literally nobody in dc thinks dan snyder is a genius or a good person.

I won't dispute that the Skins' fanbase is among the worst, stupidest fanbases in all of pro sports but absolutely no one thinks this. Not even the dumbest 980 caller who just wants to COMMIT TO RUNNIN THE drat BALL. Hating Dan Snyder is quite possibly the only point of consensus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Gynecolojustice posted:

There are quite a few skins fans that like Snyder because he "isn't afraid to open the checkbook and bring talent to town" so yeah, you are pretty right that the skins fanbase is largely full of morons

I haven't heard a single person make that argument in earnest since the Haynesworth deal but we can agree on the big picture :)

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Cash Monet posted:

Their wins have come against Cleveland, Baltimore and New York (who've been off to a rough starts) and Philly who's starting a rookie who had a rough game. Even if they beat Detroit it just means they're a team that's over achieving. Their defense is at the back end of the league and will continue to get lit up by better offenses.

They have been very bad for a very long time so even just beating the teams that they're "supposed to" is an extremely positive development for this stupid franchise.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm done. gently caress it. This team doesn't deserve my loyalty.

Same. Y'all wanna become Bills fans or something? It wouldn't feel right bandwagoning an actually-good team.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

LethalGeek posted:

..wow. WOW! Holy crap what a horrible person.

That's only the start. He then filed a frivolous lawsuit against the author of that piece that was eventually dropped 7 months later because it was going to be dismissed for violating anti-SLAPP laws.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

Kirk's gonna be a Brown next season.

Please do not be mean to Kirk.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

They are 100 percent worse because they have been at the front door of success multiple times, and instead of making one or two sensible decisions and walking right in, they burn the building down and piss on the ashes.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

I think that Kirk genuinely wanted out and that no amount of money would have motivated him to sign with this dysfunctional-rear end franchise at this point. Which is not to say that you're wrong, he was forced out acrimoniously, it's just that the actual bulk of that was done years ago when they failed to sign him to a long term deal and openly attempted to tank his value in public. What we're seeing now is just the consequences of that behavior on a delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

We're not talking about ancient history here--Washington could have easily gotten away with franchising Cousins the first time. Hell, it was hard to blame them for being skeptical. But literally it was this past offseason where they lowballed him with a poo poo offer, then leaked fake details about it to the press and poo poo on him publicly, calling him by the wrong name. It was less than a year ago that they did that. While we can't know how bad it was coming into the offseason, I'd bet good money that their relationship with Cousins was perfectly salvageable before that happened.

For sure, I more just meant that it wasn’t this trade specifically that forced him out, but rather all of the bullshit that preceded it. This trade is them needing to deal with the fact that Cousins was already gone.

• Locked thread