Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Joe Webb is certainly faster than Dak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

gently caress the eagles, also the giants, and who could forget,
the washington football team

gently caress them as well

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Jaylon Smith can wiggle his toes

He's going to destroy the NFC East for many years to come

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Looks to me like the Eagles are forming a real DREAM TEAM on offense :smuggo:

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Diqnol posted:

Looks like the Cowboys still haven't looked up the word "defense"

There is no need, there will never be any need. First round playoff exits keep the world turning for NFC East teams

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

ACTUALLY the all rookie secondary will gel quickly and Nolan Carroll will enjoy a career resurgence and Jaylon Smith will wiggle his toes into the opponent's backfield all year long. Taco and David Irving will intimidate offensive lines with sheer arm length and Jeff Heath will be a pro bowl safety. The offensive line will take no hit with Doug Free retiring and Ron Leary leaving because La'el Collins will be the best right tackle in the league and Jonathan Cooper was a first round pick once. Dak will continue to improve and Dez will manage to stay healthy all year. Rico Gathers will become a dominant tight end receiving force because he played basketball. Ezekiel Elliot will help them keep the ball 40 minutes a game and keep the defense fresh and we'll ride all the way to a dominant super bowl BIIITCH

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Why even discuss the Eagles when it is so blatantly clear the Cowboys are winning it all this year

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

NotWearingPants posted:

Ok, hypothetical scenario: Elliott tears something in his knee in game 1 and is done for the year. What are your expectations for Dak Prescott?

Oh lord, it wouldn't be good. Elliott is crucial to the team. The running game can be effective with the backup, Darren McFadden, but it certainly would not be dominant. Elliott was the MVP for the team last year because he could turn two yard gains into four or five yard gains consistently. He can run any amount of inside zone, outside zone, gap schemes, pass protection, receiving, etc. Prescott could play conservatively all year long because he was consistently in favorable down and distance situations. If Elliott's knee explodes week 1, I would expect Prescott's interceptions to rise and completion percentage to fall. However, I also think he would put up more yards and TDs because he would be pressing for bigger plays. I think Prescott would still be a good QB, but if fans expect him to will the team back from deficits and in close games (like Romo did all career long), they will be disappointed. Elliott going down puts way more pressure on Prescott to do the heavy lifting, so he will make more mistakes and probably turn in a worse overall year.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

NotWearingPants posted:

Can it? He average 3.6 yards/carry last season which was his second highest yards/carry since 2011.

poo poo, that's more of a comment on how good the offensive line is than anything else. It's wishful thinking to think McFadden and Alfred Morris will be consistently effective, but they won't poo poo themselves and run into their own blockers, either. I watched McFadden run for over a thousand yards during the Brandon Weeden/Matt Cassel fiasco, and it wasn't because McFadden was making dudes miss in space. He wasn't powering his way through stacked boxes, either.

Tom Sellout fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 20, 2017

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

The face of a man who backed his truck into a woman and flashed a rifle over a parking spot at a fireworks festival

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Washington's FO considers Kirk Cousins as expendable as Mr. Poopy Butthole

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

All of these arrests spell Superbowl win to me!!!

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Dak Prescott is gonna light up the league for the first six weeks

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Eagles are placing third in the division.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

NotWearingPants posted:

I feel like if the Cowboys had better fans we'd be hearing a lot more about Jaylon Smith

He has played 12 snaps. Looks fast and aggressive in a straight line but looks like he has some issues with quick lateral redirection in small spaces as you would expect with his drop foot condition. He looks super good at football

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Dak Prescott is a top 5 NFL quarterback.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

LethalGeek posted:

just so I'm clear we have it on video with him lifting that lady's top right? The whole thing with the ex is a poo poo show I've gathered.

Tbh the NFL should have just suspended him one or two games for that instead of gunning for the six game off inconsistent evidence and against their own investigator's recommendation

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/NYGDaily/status/904746063432646656
https://twitter.com/HelmanDC/status/905496235343269894

:drat: gettin' nice and spicy for sunday night

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

I'm thrilled that Zeke was granted a restraining order but now I'm gonna have to buy a new avatar

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Dallas also is a city of transients, and Arlington specifically is a nightmare to get to because the people there are willing to pay taxes on everything except public transportation (oh boy, another new stadium project!)

Between that and Jerruh basically pricing out the loudest fans, it's no surprise when JerryWorld is 60% road fans. Hell, it's a vacation for them.

Filthy poors can pay for a $20 "party pass" and earn the privilege of standing up during the entire game in a huddled mass of $10 piss beer guzzling humanity gazing skyward toward a gigantic television.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

Agreed. Garrett is a poo poo coach

One of the things that never gets talked about is the hit the team took when Callahan left. He was a massive pickup for Washington and Linehan is a clear step down

Absolutely. I've been thinking this every time I watch Washington. I don't mind Linehan's play-calling save for some complaints here and there, but Callahan is a fantastic offensive line coach.

Jason Garrett is seemingly content with never ever pushing the ball down the field, and every year without noted aggressive passer Tony Romo makes it more blatant.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

If you're going to throw it to noted body-catcher Terrance Williams, hit him in the numbers or just ground the drat thing. Please start Brice Butler over him.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Florida man sets himself on fire after Cowboys lose to Packers

:same:

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Eagles are keeping the proud NFCE tradition of a new division winner each year alive.

Other divisions wish they could this parity.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Congrats, Eagles fans. I went through this kind of season last year. I hope things fall apart next year!

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

NotWearingPants posted:

Dallas is a mediocre team propped up by a few star players. The Eagles have more talent throughout their roster.

Yeah, Dallas has been this way for a very long time. They're starting to hit on their draft picks, though. Their third round corner is already the best on the team, the second and sixth rounders both figure to be significant defensive backs, and last year's third rounder is a pretty good pass rushing defensive tackle. Don't forget the youth of the Smith, Martin, Frederick, Collins, Dak, and Zeke. They're primed to provide a strong core for several years, but there are a lot of question marks and aging players throughout the rest of the roster. I think similar of the Eagles, for what it's worth, expect their young core is geared much more toward the defensive side than the offensive, and their aging players are performing much better this season.

We're primed for a bunch of good years between these two teams. The Giants have almost no young core at all. They're a huge loving mess. Washington isn't quite as bleak, but the lack of talented youth is also a major concern. Cowboys and Eagles will run this division for the next several years barring some unlikely drafts. Look forward to this rivalry catching fire once again.

Tom Sellout fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 13, 2017

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Chichevache posted:

I mean the Giants are a massively flawed team, but Odell and Landon are one hell of a building block imo.

Odell and Landon is all they have

e: all of the young core

Tom Sellout fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 13, 2017

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

The Eagles are going to get their asses run out of the stadium. Carson Wentz will prove a fraud as true MVP Dak ascends into the next plane of quaterbacking.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Y'all gonna be surprised by how well the Cowboys play without Zeke. Dak is much better than widely thought. He doesn't make many of the flashy downfield plays, but I am very confident he will do well. The offensive line is playing at an elite level. It will struggle against great defensive lines like the Eagles, but it is going to to make the other Cowboys running backs look good every other week.

Look forward to the Eagles vs. Cowboys playoff game. It will be the zenith of this year's thread.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

please no :(

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Well, at least Dallas knows Byron Bell sucks. Chaz Green has never played as badly as he did in Atlanta. Clayborn beat him with the same move every single time.

The real problem is missing Sean Lee. The defense funnels plays toward him, and he covers for mistakes by others repeatedly. Cowboys failed to address his backup in the offseason.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Cowboys will be playing desperate. They have the defensive line to make things happen, but unless Dez goes off, I don't see their offense doing enough. This is the most favorable scenario.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

I strongly hope the Eagles lose every single game. I hope they never win a superbowl. I hate the loving Eagles.

The Eagles posters deserve this season.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Dont hurt me no more

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

John Brown posted:

X-posting

Edit: I think Dez would be fine if he played with an elite QB who could throw him open, because he still has the athleticism to make great adjustments on the ball. He’ll be toast in a 3 year’s though because he never learned how to run routes.

Sure, he doesn't run the full route tree, but he runs maybe the best dig route in the NFL. Cowboys send him on too many go routes, and Dak doesn't throw go routes well.

Here is a great video on 2017 Dez: https://youtu.be/25mQ4eCtw0U

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

I'm going to enjoy the Eagles run defense getting exposed when they face a balanced offense with a real running back like New Orleans or LA.

Imagine if Kansas City ran Hunt more.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

I'm not trying to be logical, actually. Let me have my vain resentment, it's all that's left

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

It's super hard to keep together a deep enough roster to win consistently instead of on a weak schedule or with good injury luck. There are a lot of reasons, really, to why the NFC East keeps getting new winners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

I'm strangely optimistic Dallas will beat a more injured Redskins tonight. Plays are there down the field, Dallas just needs to get its poo poo together.

• Locked thread