Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Romo is a better QB but at this age with his injury history it makes perfect sense to keep him out

also, fans won't admit it, but Romo was way less safe with the football and Dak takes care of it. Romo probably would have had at least one bad game so far where some bad picks cost them a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Hey guys the Eagles are currently losing 26 to nothing to the 3-7-1 Bengals but i just want you ro remember they are a better team than the Cowboys and they will win out and reach the playoffs

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

Cowboys are poo poo and I can't wait for the Raiders to skullfuck them in the Super Bowl

Id be cool with this result for many reasons

1. The NFC East, gods chosen division, reaches another super bowl, another pin on our uniform
2. The Cowboys lose
3. The Patriots do not reach the Super bowl

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

dest posted:

A. Nobody cares about your fantasy team and B. That's the worst feeling :(

The only NFCE non-Cowboy i'll draft is Manning the lesser. Only because he's always available in later round as backup, and has random huge games sometimes, and is overall non-offensive.

I don't play fantasy but I feel like one of the top WRs in the league feels pretty draftable

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Tony Romo

system QB

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

On the other hand, McCoy is a legitimately special talent and trading him away was loving idiotic

I know, wasn't it great

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

All that hype for an AFC West primetime game because they think they are better than the NFCE. We got a dumpy 21 to 13 slop fest where the chiefs got a lead and then sat down and the Raiders just fumbled like a team that doesnt get the spotlight. Shame. And people want more of these teams in primetime over the kings?

Cowboys/Giants is going to be a spectacle of crazy football and put these non-primetime teams back to sleep at their real bedtimes.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Gynecolojustice posted:

The NFC East has had good offenses led by good gunslinging QBs who are capable of hilarious mistakes (Eli, Romo, Cousins, McNabb fit this perfectly) along with bad defenses, it's a perfect recipe for entertaining as hell games. Also the fanbases loathe each other, another good thing

An AFCW fan with some sense! Welcome good sir

I bet even the Eagles could have put up a better fight than the Raiders last night

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Remember when the Eagles were going to win out

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SUCK ALL THE MOTHER loving DICKS DALLAS

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

Feel free to apologize for being so incredibly wrong.

Did you miss all the hilarious turnovers and excellent elite defensive plays and OBJ burning the entire secondary and the Cowboys scoring on a trick play and the game coming down to the wire about whether or not Dez caught it, after he did catch it and then dropped it

in the ice cold snow

NFCE primetime games own bones

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Genocide Tendency posted:

I also watched him drop a bunch of passes including what very well could have been 2 different touchdowns.

Gotta keep it close. Giants could not hold onto a ball the entire first half.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

Oh, it was COLD huh? Imagine that. Weird. Good defense you say? An exciting play or two that ended in a touchdown?

I wonder what other game happened this week you could say that about that you poo poo all over for no reason?

Why do you even come into the NFCE thread if you can't face the truth

Sexy Rexy

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Real talk Romo probably wins that game. Romo knows where to find Witten, a player the Giants do not know exists.

Ereck Flowers might be the worst left tackle in the league right now. Eli has to dump off the ball so fast every play because Flowers couldn't guard a sloth.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

No they aren't. No one thinks the Cowboys have a good defense

Haha even Collinsworth was praising them last night dude. "This player has really come along as the season has gone on" and "oh god my pants are wet for Sean Lee" "Rob Marienelli has done some great things with this defense"

They were overrated because the ball control offense masked their failures and kept them fresh. They had a bunch of takeaways last night but it was mostly because Bad Manning showed up and Ereck Flowers is a war crime

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Doltos posted:

My judgments are based on what I saw recently and at the time they still looked really good. This last game made Flowers look like a garbage pile. And you're right, their stats are inflated because Eli has the second fastest release time this year behind Alex Smith.

I didn't like Flowers at the time of the pick and I still don't like him now, but I think my argument back then still holds true now that olines across the league are getting wrecked and they're still good comparatively to the rest.

They are average at best man, and they've looked worse since injuries started to happen. We need Pugh back. I think Ereck Flowers single handedly carries this team into the bottom 10

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The best part of the Dallas QB controversy is no matter who they play at QB, when they lose in the playoffs the fallout will be magical as millions of Dallas fans start screaming that the "other" QB would have won it and the fandom tears itself apart

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

a new study bible! posted:

It's really hard to imagine anyone characterizing Dak as a thug.

He's got tattoos
He's black

If he does basically anything with personality or not white you bet it's gonna happen

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Apparently there are some strict and strange rules when it comes to on-field communication. The NFL radio operator cuts off communication at 15 seconds on the play clock so the QB has to do those last few moments by himself. I think the problem is Eli suggested McAdoo came back into his ear during that 15 seconds dead zone because of the walkie talkies, which the NFL double doesn't like because the NFL operator can't shut off a walkie talkie, so theoretically McAdoo could have kept talking with Eli during the silence period giving him adjustment tips. I'd be curious to see if any of those plays amounted to much, because they probably didn't help the offense any, because the offense was trash. Walkie Talkies didn't make Dez drop it.

so basically it's a really small thing, so I expect 2 years of lawsuits, memes, and a 4 game suspension for Manning

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Mess with the beast
you get the least

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

He hasnt had the time to let deep balls develop because of human trash pile Ereck Flowers but he's thrown some

Seems like Cruz gets one catch per game for 30+ yards on 3rd down and does nothing else all game

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Giants kryptonite continues to be playing the Eagles in primetime. Dunno why, but it's routine at this point. Eli just always plays bad.

Eli is having a bad season even disregarding the problems with the line and running support.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

NattyBo posted:

So are the Giants gonna play their starters the whole game tomorrow?

The only way I see this happening is if the game stays close. If either team gets a fairly decent lead by halftime the Giants probably start sitting people

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Skins fans should be thanking the Giants. Better draft pick, and we just saved you a bunch of money on re-signing a solid QB by picking him off with the season on the line

This Giants team will frustrate someone in the wildcard round but they aint doing poo poo with an offense this bad

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That doesn't mean anything. Jed York is a loving moron and you can't hire a GM without giving him his choice in a coach

This is truth.

another truth is that Chip Kelly is a poo poo coach

both truths are true, and maybe we should actually laugh at the Eagles for taking 3 years to fire a bad coach fuckin Jed York fired in 1

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I'd be okay if they grabbed a second round QB this year or something, first pick should be offensive line or maybe a TE who can block

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

OBJ is an immature brat who is extremely competitive and also wears his emotions on his sleeve, he's not loving mentally ill

well i mean more mentally ill than anyone who plays football for a living hahaha CTE FOLKS

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Not catching balls thrown to your numbers is usually a worrying sign for a position that somewhat relies on you having to consistently catch those.

Yeah I feel like we can easily forgive some poor route running and stuff like that as young player problems
but catching the ball is kinda like, the thing being a WR is about, and he can't seem to do that, even when the ball is well thrown, no matter who threw it

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

i can't believe I lived to see the day a Redskins coordinator was good enough to poach

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Reminder that Dak threw 16 passes while trailing lmao

NFC least

Trailing by 9+ points, but your point stands

edit: Dallas just tied up soooooo

Edit2: lmao cowboys

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 16, 2017

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I think this game more or less proved Dak is the QB of the future and not just a guy behind the best situation in FB though. He was more game manager-y most of the year since Dallas was never really in danger of getting blown out until this week. This was the first time the team really needed to lean on Dak to make the throws to get them back in and he did it.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

How can any team be so stupid as to think Rob Ryan is a good idea

please hire him Skins

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

It's also nice when the Giants, Eagles, and Skins fans can come together and agree on something

something like haha gently caress the Cowboys the Jaguars have won more playoff games than you have in the last decade

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

Even Giants fans with their bravado didn't foresee the team going 11-5 with a shot at 12-4 and the 1-seed this year.

Where did you meet these Giants fans with Bravado, the fanbase was mostly pessimistic. We fired the one guy who wasn't the problem, kept Spags who none of us trusted, grossly overpaid for seen to be mediocre free agents, paid for by a GM that we'd all lost trust in who also took an expected bust #10 overall, promoted a guy who couldn't wear a fitting suit and was only an OC for two seasons, and had a preseason marred by a scandal on the loving kicker of all people.

Your point about performing better stands, but the fanbase was not filled with bravado this offseason, I think most of us expected mediocrity at best. During the year it took us a while to fully trust that the defense was actually good and then we spent the rest of the time trying to understand why the offense was so bad.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Someone post the Cowboys suck a million dicks plaque I can't find it

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

jesus I'd rather see the Pats win than one of your clown-rear end teams

This is true for me too all you fuckers can burn

but we'll have the best campfire, because we are the best. Remember those AFCW fans who came in all proud of their own division over the NFCE

They won as many playoff games as we did, and had one less win in the division

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's possible, but very, very unlikely. They've got $25M in space before they re-sign their free agents. That alone could be enough to get Romo in and keep Osweiler, but they owe Osweiler $16M guaranteed next year, plus a $3M prorated signing bonus on his cap hit comes to $19M. There is no way they can reduce that. A post June-1 cut will save $0, and a Pre June-1 cut would actually cost an extra $6M in cap room. They could probably move some things around to fit Romo in, but they'd likely still keep Osweiler and find themselves spending $35M on QBs. Which is bad.

on the other hand, there is precedent with the Texans on spending too much at QB

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

True, but people sometimes overlook that NFL owners are still people and don't always like to just throw away 16 million dollars on a guy who isn't even playing while also paying another 18 million dollars to a new guy

Like sure, Osweiler is awful and 16 million isn't a ton to a franchise that's worth three quarters of a billion dollars. But on the other hand, the Texans just made the playoffs, won a game, and they'll make money next year regardless of whether they have Osweiler or Romo

just gently caress'n laugh at the joke Chir

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

MrLogan posted:

Redskins won the division two years ago with Kirk.

I feel like winning the NFCE in 2015 shouldn't count for anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Kirk is also a total goober

https://twitter.com/KirkCousins8/status/836643856951148544

Goobers tend to fare well in this league

• Locked thread