Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Wait a minute I don't follow the Saints closely but I thought Cooks was good, why are the Saints looking to trade him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Gruden seems like a good coach, or at least good enough to keep around. I remember in his first year the controversy with Gruden not wanting to start RG3 and taking away RG3 privileges, and it looked like Gruden was a dead man walking.

Maybe the Skins are figuring poo poo out.

*Gives up Kirk Cousins for a 6th and Mark Sanchez*

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

When you're happy about signing Kenny Britt you know your WR situation is hosed up

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I hope we got him for cheap, a good move for Eli's final seasons if he can still ball.

We needed a tall powerful dude on the outside really bad

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/840733422549110784

Giants sign Fluker to a 1-year probably prove it deal

I know he's not good but how else could the Giants replace Marshall Newhouse

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Giants locked up 8 fingers. 40 Mill guaranteed. I think it wasn't worth the price but we weren't keeping him otherwise and I'm okay with keeping him.

Giants also signed Geno Smith

lol

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

All these what ifs are distracting us from the true issue: the Eagles have never won a Super Bowl

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

sean10mm posted:

Giants fans never hated pre-rings derpy pick machine Eli as much as Eagles fans hated McNabb or Cowboys fans hated Romo.

He was garbage year 1 and for the most part we werent happy with him until 2007 and after that he could do no wrong.

If he hadnt won in 2007 im not sure how much longer he would have lasted, even if we made the Superbowl. His inconsistencies are very frustrating but kind of add to his charm when he's already reached the top twice.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

One other strange quirk about comparing Eli to McNabb or Romo hate is that before 2007's postseason, he didn't have the same start McNabb and Romo had. McNabb and Romo came onto the scene and immediately played well, and then got beat in the playoffs so they got labeled with the stupid "choker" thing because they raised expectations too high too fast. Eli didn't. Eli came on and sucked, and Giants fans were less about hate and more just kind of sad the team made a mistake, holding onto hope that he might pan out. Like a Bengals fan with Andy Dalton or the Dolphins fans who still have faith in Tannehill. When he won in 2007 it probably surprised Giants fans about as much as it surprised everyone else. Giants fans will talk all kinds of trash now about how we all knew we would take the pats down (we knew we could, but doubted it would happen) but at the time most of us were basically just hoping for a playoff win and would have been okay with losing to Brett Favre since beating the cowboys in the divisional felt like the peak of what we could achieve.

2008 was a love fest for Eli even though he spent the year handing it off to Earth wind and Fire.

2009 was disappointing but eh.

2010 we missed the playoffs and Eli's inconsistency was beginning to wear on the fanbase again because 2007 was just a fluke and reality had started to set in again.

2011 then happened, Eli was a loving monster that year and dragged a mediocre defense and 32nd ranked rush attack to another Super Bowl win and from that point on pretty much every Giants fan will defend Eli till the death, even if at this point we're back to acknowledging he's got some flaws because his legacy is starting to finalize. Case in point:

corn on the cop posted:

Two super bowls later Giants fans adore the little fucker (a bit too much now that he's on the decline).

He's not the same fearless guy he was in 2011 (We had equally terrible lines and rushing then, just in a different system) but it's still hard to tell how much he's declined and how much is just normal Eli inconsistency and having a garbage tackle situation (the worst I can remember), no run game, and no tight end. Eli loves his tight ends, and we haven't had one since Ballard left.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The Eagles are cool and good

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

MissileWaster posted:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/29/nfl-randy-gregory-fails-drug-test-friends-concerned/

The 30 for 30 on this in ten years will be depressing, can't wait to watch it.

Gregory doing a hell of a job disproving the "draft the weed guy" theory

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I hope this entire thing tears the NFL apart at the seams. burn it all down.

Football will survive in a new, better form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

89 posted:

Beckham is in the last year of his rookie contract right?

No way Beckham stays a Giant.

Fifth year option. He's here for 2018, and I expect the new regime to throw money at him because you don't let players of that caliber walk, diva personality or not (And he's not a bad teammate). I wouldn't blame him if he walks but it's gonna be interesting. His injury muddled everything up.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 15, 2017

• Locked thread