Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The point isnt how much it affected the game. We saw that in action during the deflategate poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

I think I speak for everyone here when I say we really want to see Ryan Nassib lead the Giants for four games

Holy poo poo thats where Nassib is? Honestly thought he was dead

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress DOUG?????????????

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I know it was the right call....now....

Also Agholor needs to learn when to dive for a first down

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Does this mean the only team in the NFC:E to have never cheated (or at least been caught cheating) is the Eagles?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

So outside of PEDs and one incident of leaking a contract early. All other incidents that the Eagles were involved in went unpunished

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shook

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Doltos posted:

Giants WRs got jobbed all game. Not even a fun game to watch when your guys are getting arm barred and straight up held past 5 yards repeatedly.

:qq:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

axeil posted:

Please someone tell me how both the Giants and Skins can miss the playoffs so I can laugh and laugh and laugh (and then cry as the Cowboys win the Super Bowl)

Packers win on Sunday. Lions win on Monday. Then Lions win next week and skins and giants both lose out (actually skins may only need to lose one)

Oh and the bucs need to win 2

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

axeil posted:

How can the Skins and Giants lose out, they play each other.

Yeah sorry I meant only giants lose out. Skins need to lose this Sunday then beats the giants next week. Bucs need to win out to eliminate the Giants

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Its interesting having played 2 weak teams at the start of a season as opposed to the end, if we had started against the Seahawks and Dallas, then beat the Steelers, people wouldnt have been so high on what would have likely been a 1-2 schedule.

All in all this has been a good year for the Eagles, we have a franchise QB, have really found out where the holes in our team are. Also we won 3 games more than i expected so woop

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

Eli is old, and the Giants should think about grooming a successor sooner rather than later because his play has dropped off a cliff this year.

They have a barely used Ryan Nassib

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Or he's just a really sore loser and a petulant child....

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 9, 2017

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I don't care about the wall punching so much, it's the other things. Anyway, I'm an Eagles fan so I hope he hits a stud next time.

Not entirely sure you know what a mental illness is tbh.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

El Patron posted:

Eagles found their fall guy for shite receiver play.

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/818495013306978304

T.O coming back as a WR coach

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

how would you even accurately judge Agholor before this year anyways?

Not catching balls thrown to your numbers is usually a worrying sign for a position that somewhat relies on you having to consistently catch those.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

He had a 52% catch rate this year. That's not abysmal. Plenty of guys have rough starts and improve, including with catch rate. In his first 2 seasons, Plaxico Burress caught less than 48% of the passes thrown his way (88/185). Hell, over his whole career he only just barely caught more than half the passes thrown to him, even in his best seasons.

My point isn't that Agholor hasn't been bad, but that he could still end up being a good player, and that we'll probably know for certain next year.

The issue with Agholor isnt how many he isnt catching, its the type of passes he isnt catching. These are not jump balls or bad throws, they are direct throws to his hands that, and im going to sound like a giant douche here, if that is your primary job, you shouldnt be dropping those. Maybe you have the odd one that slips out, but its consistent....like every god drat game consistent

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

a new study bible! posted:

TBH I don't really get why you brought the Raiders into the discussion. Dak is way better than McGloin or Cook. Zeke is better than Murray.

Obviously having a great offensive line isn't enough to win. I never said that it was. Fortunately Dallas has an MVP caliber running back and good to great talent in every level of the offense.

While it's true that Dak has had a historically great rookie season, its also not hard to see how the Dallas offense, as it exists around the QB position, could elevate a good QB to that status.

This has elements of truth. But bearing in mind the same OLine with 3 different QBs won 4(?) games last year. As much as it pains me, Dak is really good at being a safe QB who understands what he needs to do

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

But again, that's ignoring the importance of Zeke. Zeke averaging 6 yards per carry probably has more to do with Dallas' success than anything a QB can do.

Not really...the Vikings went through a string of bad QBs with Peterson behind them. Like I said before. Dak might not be the best QB (yet). But he knows how to be safe which is better than like 40% of the starters in the NFL I'd say

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

jesus who cares. We won the division this year and had a great year. Of course fans of the rest of the division are gonna bring up the past because that's all they've got right now. Oh no the Jaguars won some playoff games back when they were good and we were trash! Guess our franchise is garbage! Oh look this team won some super bowls before some of us were born! Your team never won a Super Bowl! Guess you should put a bag over your head! I don't know how you guys do this poo poo over and over and over every week.

Literally all four of these teams played better than any of their fans had any right to expect this year. All four. Even Giants fans with their bravado didn't foresee the team going 11-5 with a shot at 12-4 and the 1-seed this year. Washington fans weren't sure they had the QB of the future in Cousins. Cowboys fans thought the season was over when Romo went down. Eagles fans figured the whole thing was a lost cause and had no reason to believe Wentz was the guy. Now here we are and all four teams are flawed, but all four teams have potentially bright futures (though obviously that future extends a shorter distance out for the Giants). The NFC East is actually the best division in football, and that's pretty cool, even if the non-Cowboys teams are terrible and their fans are human trash. What matters now is that we can collectively root for the Falcons because oh my god gently caress these three other teams

The only time I was legit upset last night watching the game was when Aikman brought up Green Bay as a "team that has suffered through a lot of heartbreak over the past few years" like winning only one super bowl and making the playoffs is a real loving travesty

Nice meltdown

For serious though you are right. Team history means gently caress all if you aren't doing well now. I'm pissed that Dallas found another franchise QB the year we did too. But hopefully it will be a great rivalry between the two of them

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Romo didn't leave though...

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Dak's a fraud. Romo should have started and should be starting next year while Dak becomes the backup. Thanks and god bless

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

5'd

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Chichevache posted:

You, when Kirk Cousins walks.

Worked for them the last time they signed an aging nfce qb....

Lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Kirios posted:

If the Texans don't scoop up Romo immediately once he's released....

Well, they really should!

Could they realistically afford him?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

if you had Bryant and Jeffery, you wouldn't want Jackson anyways

Why do you keep saying Bryant?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

It's gonna happen.

I get that receivers are bad, but DJAX isn't the answer.

I mean he did have a 1k yd season last year...I think even as a stop gap he would be pretty good. Since there's little to no chance the steelers get rid of Brown I'm hoping for Jeffrey and Jackson

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

89 posted:

Jeffrey AND Jackson would be sick. DeSean's age be damned.

I mean, sounds like that Brandon Marshall guy is gonna be out there, too..

He can be the go between to DeSeans imaginary gang ties

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

So who are we likely to cut? Or is our plan to avoid FA and just hope to do really well in the draft?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

That is the goal of every franchise in sports.

Judging by our past drafting i cant say im convinced tbh....

Besides Wentz

Also we are paying Chase Daniel ALOT of money, holy balls we really did not have any faith in Bradford

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 28, 2017

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Can someone briefly explain how dead cap works

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

Sure.

Basically, when you pay a guy, that money counts against your salary cap, though it may not all count against the cap in the same year. Once you've paid someone, that money has to come out of your cap no matter what, so even if they get cut or traded, the amount you paid them still counts against your cap, and is what we call DEAD MONEY. There are two ways this commonly happens:

1. Guaranteed bonuses/money. If you guaranteed someone money through a roster bonus or work-out bonus, and then they were on the roster or worked out and received that bonus, that money counts against your cap even if they get released, becoming DEAD MONEY.

2. Signing bonuses. The most common form of DEAD MONEY. When a player receives a signing bonus, they're paid immediately, but the cap hit of that money is spread evenly over the first 5 years of the contract (or however many years, if fewer than 5). So if you sign a $20M deal with a $2M salary over 5 years and a $10M signing bonus, you'd get $2M in base salary each year, but your cap number would be $4M each year, or $2M in base salary + $2M in prorated cap hit. If the team cut or traded you before the end of the contract, say after year 2, the remaining prorated signing bonus ($6M) would accelerate, becoming DEAD MONEY that counts against your cap that year. There are some exceptions here, and the timing on the cut matters--after June 1st, you only take the hit for this year, and the remaining prorated money accelerates to next year's cap, which is why dudes are sometimes designated as "June 1 cuts."

DEAD MONEY counts against your salary cap, and essentially blocks you from using the full cap to pay dudes.

Ah right cheers,

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

http://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/26/does-lesean-mccoys-message-on-twitter-mean-bills-days-are-done/

Cut everyone...bring Shady and DeSean back

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

MrLogan posted:

If the player signs/traded with another team, then their guarenteed money from roster/baser/work-out bonuses isn't dead money, it's absorbed by the new team (depending on timing, offset, etc. if you want to go into details).

So how do the Eagles have $5m in dead money this year from Bradford?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

axeil posted:

Your 2017 Philadelphia Eagles: No seriously guys it's still 2010 we swear.

Id happily trade you 2017 for a 2010

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Id rather we didnt cut any OLinemen just because Wentz needs stability right now (Lane, STOP DOING ROIDS).

Matthews can go...which is sad, i really like him tbh

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Dolfan mentioned in the FA thread that the Eagles are persuing a 12m 4 year deal for Stills...any word on this?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

If it was only one receiver, or just several receivers, it would be one thing. But when it's every WR, TE, and RB one has to wonder why Wentz throws such a difficult-to-catch ball.

They weren't difficult to catch though...they were pretty routine between the number catches.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

On one hand, Cousins is 4-1 against the Eagles so I shouldn't be happy they are keeping him.

But on the other hand his record against teams with winning records is horrible so if you lose to him it's really your own fault.

I would happily take 1 more season of Cousins at the Skins tbh. It makes them a 9-7 team which puts them outside drafting a QB in the first round realistically. And Cousins wont be at the Skins next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Romo would have been cheaper :D not like Cousins is going to be there for the longhaul anyway

• Locked thread