Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Not quite the impartial grade on the Giants there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

NotWearingPants posted:

Exactly:

Also, he didn't like their QB pick in the 4th round.

He also pointed out that taking a shot on a mid round QB might not have been the best move for a team riddled with holes that only had 6 draft picks.

The Giants addressed some of those needs, and why not try to win right now while they still have Eli? At OL they drafted Hernandez and picked up Solder and Omameh. Bringing in the best player of the draft to run the ball behind an improved OL instantly takes pressure off ELI. Then they added much needed depth at defense for the 3-4. I like the pick of Lauletta who can study under Pat Shurmur. Not every first round QB pans out, and I am happy they chose to become stronger at multiple positions with their first 4 picks.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I can't wait to see this offense with a not poo poo OL, good RB, and their starting 4 WR's not in the ICU.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I'm excited about our chances next year, like most people are about their team this time of year.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

They showed Eli smirking on the sideline during that game. I would like to image he was thinking, "Everyone but me is getting fired for this" ...and they did.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If you bench Eli for a rookie or something to see what he has, OK I guess

Not Geno loving Smith

Putting Geno in over Webb was terrible.

Also, McAdoo had the bus run over him several times, but he put himself in that position ling before that.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

NotWearingPants posted:

In retrospect, I wish McAdoo had won a Super Bowl so Giants fans would have gotten his haircut in tribute.

Never hire anybody with a haircut like that.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Kim Jong Il posted:

Geno honestly isn't terrible, but that was all McAdoo. He's been in bad situations and I think he's fine as a backup.

They had no plans of Geno replacing Eli, yet they said Eli was being benched to see what they had. So, why not start the qb you drafted in Webb when Eli was benched. Last year was a poo poo show and I am glad McAdoo and Reese are gone.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

iwentdoodie posted:

Dak never got benched for Geno Smith. :colbert:

People were fired for that

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

very stable genius posted:

Eli Manning is Joe Flacco.

Shut your mouth

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I hear Dez is a FA.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Gay Horney posted:

we've got one of the most athletic TE's in football, Jesus Christ Himself at Runningback, O'Dell loving Beckham at WR followed by exactly who you want at WR2 and 3, with Wayne Gallman as a lightning quick scat back and Perkins as the bruising 3rd down RB he was always supposed to be. our O line is upgraded and we no longer have a revolving door at left tackle. we have a loving powerful offense and no more Ben McAdoo. can't wait to see which horrific injury makes me start combat drinking every sunday!

Probably something on defense that turns games into shoot outs.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Play posted:

and he probably should unless he actually has become a bad QB

He has a few good years left. He still had 3500 yards only throwing to his practice team WRs last season.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I'm fine with us losing Perkins, but I would have liked to have kept Darkwa. I think his injury fully healed and they removed the plate last month too.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Defenses are going to keep 8+ in the box.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I couldn't get past the well-done steak with ketchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I'm good with all that as long as we corner the market.

• Locked thread