Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Febreeze posted:

Seems like they deserve even more primetime games imo

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Febreeze posted:

Lol this is the NFC east gently caress everyone else in the division

Agreed

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

a new study bible! posted:

I didnt get to watch the game. How did Wentz look after the two early interceptions? Is he still good, or should we trade him for a 4th?

His ball placement wasn't that great all game but he obviously improved from the first two possessions.

Giants really didn't look that great either. Both teams looked pretty rough out there today

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I liked the decision

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

TheChirurgeon posted:

What if it was against the Steelers?

Myself and most people I know in the Philly area are pretty ambivalent at worst towards the Steelers. They don't hate them like they hate the Cowboys.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
hahahah

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'm going to continue to stand by the notion that a first round bye is better than winning a wildcard game

Whatever you need to focus on to get through this

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Put up a banner for your first round bye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6hXCxKxrT8&t=269s

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
When people hate on the process, I'm glad I have the 1967 Sixers championship trophy to calm me down.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Between the "I was just happy to be here!" talk and asking us to kiss the rings that can legally drink, the response has been as good as expected.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Metapod posted:

Cowboys would have won with Romo

Winning or losing the game didn't matter. Just happy to be there.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/woodymlb4/status/820798665853980672

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

TheChirurgeon posted:

jesus who cares. We won the division this year and had a great year. Of course fans of the rest of the division are gonna bring up the past because that's all they've got right now. Oh no the Jaguars won some playoff games back when they were good and we were trash! Guess our franchise is garbage! Oh look this team won some super bowls before some of us were born! Your team never won a Super Bowl! Guess you should put a bag over your head! I don't know how you guys do this poo poo over and over and over every week.

Literally all four of these teams played better than any of their fans had any right to expect this year. All four. Even Giants fans with their bravado didn't foresee the team going 11-5 with a shot at 12-4 and the 1-seed this year. Washington fans weren't sure they had the QB of the future in Cousins. Cowboys fans thought the season was over when Romo went down. Eagles fans figured the whole thing was a lost cause and had no reason to believe Wentz was the guy. Now here we are and all four teams are flawed, but all four teams have potentially bright futures (though obviously that future extends a shorter distance out for the Giants). The NFC East is actually the best division in football, and that's pretty cool, even if the non-Cowboys teams are terrible and their fans are human trash. What matters now is that we can collectively root for the Falcons because oh my god gently caress these three other teams

The only time I was legit upset last night watching the game was when Aikman brought up Green Bay as a "team that has suffered through a lot of heartbreak over the past few years" like winning only one super bowl and making the playoffs is a real loving travesty

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/821058300020215808

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
That Brandon Marshall pickup is insane. gently caress that's a great deal.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
One year deal is interesting

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I don't listen to WIP too much anymore but whenever I hear Eskin on there he spends the entire time bitching about Mayor Kenney and the soda tax. It is insane.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I don't even think they should do that trade but that you keep mentioning made the pro bowl lol

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Roseman was jealous of Dorenbos becoming a star. Fire Howie

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Chichevache posted:

Rivals pun?

Who cares you loving snitch

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
On one hand I am super excited to see the Eagles D-line go against the Giants and shithouse Eli. Giants have looked like poo poo so far. On the other, those games have a strong ability to become close, ugly poo poo shows no matter how good or bad either team is and the Giants line is going to kill Seumalo if he plays. Also Kelce stinks too.

Our line is gonna eat though.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Odell dead, Dak and Wentz on fire.

The worst possible bye week.

Giants dead, Wentz on fire, the Cowboys choke and their defense is a dumpster fire.

The best possible week.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

I didn't say it I have proof

What is your proof

Ask her what she said

...... ?

It took me a minute to realize you weren't having a mental break but were talking about Trump and posted in the wrong thread.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Sucks about Hicks but if it's an MCL tear for Peters there's a really good chance he'll be back at some point this season so that's good news.

If only Bowman got cut like a week later smh

Jota fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 24, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
x-posting from N/V

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/922850339140898816

This is brutal news. If it was an MCL would have been no big deal and we could have weathered his time out just fine and had him back in top form by the playoffs.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

BraveJoe posted:

Wentz should be a Brown

Wow, really? Just because he makes some plays with his feet we get this?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I like that all of this stemmed from a dude tweeting about seeing Calvin Johnson on an airplane.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Not Wearing Pants should be forced to get one of those two tattoos based on how the Eagles do

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Amy Pole Her posted:

That should have read “I️ agree”

I️ have no idea wtf happened

Edit okay apparently my phone cant type I️

It's an iOS thing

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
:mrapig:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I can't wait for Carson Wentz to lead us in the holy war to come.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
what

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I hope the Eagles win

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

axeil posted:

same, friend

We have the power of belief

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

axeil posted:

same, friend

We did it...we did it...

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Eagles are good. God is good. Go Eagles.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/955275511562932225

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation.

Five years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed his termination papers. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Eagles fans who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.

But five years later, the Eagles still have not won. Five years later, the life of the Eagles fan is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. Five years later, the Eagles fan lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. Five years later, the Eagles fan is still languishing in the corners of NFC East society and finds himself an exile in his own land. So we have come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we have come to Minnesota to cash a check. When the architects of our league wrote the magnificent words of the league Constitution and Bylaws, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all fans, yes, Eagles fans as well as Patriots fans, would be guaranteed the unalienable rights of Super Bowls.

Jota fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 22, 2018

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Pretty sure he was joking around. I hope at least, that was how I read it.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
gently caress alex smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
been doing some thinking and i hope the eagles win the superbowl imo

• Locked thread