Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

axeil posted:

I think the NFC East will send 3 playoff teams for the first time since 2008 (or was it 2009?)

I used to hate the Cowboys the most because gently caress The Cowboys but then Eli Manning stole Donovan McNabb's spot in the Hall of Fame and now I live in DC where every mouthbreather thinks Dan Snyder is a genius and they're going to the Super Bowl every April.

I honestly don't know which team I hate the most anymore.

I'm a Redskins fan and I don't know a single person who thinks Dan Snyder is a genius, or even a decent human being.

edit - ok that sentiment already was expressed several times. But it's true. Snyder is the plantars wart that no Skins fan can ever get rid of.

predicto fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

There's nothing wrong with that! It worked for Dilfer. I'd just like to see Dak without an all-time offensive line to play behind.

This.

All this talk about Dak and Ezekial is hard to evaluate. They may be special, they may not be.

The loving offensive line - that is what is special about the Cowboys right now. Jerruh may be a complete rear end in a million ways, but he understands the No. 1 fundamental fact of football - a dominant O-Line fixes almost all problems. It was true in the 90s when the line made Aikman look like an all-time great QB (he wasn't) and it still is true now.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Actually, jerry DOESNT understand that. Plenty of reports came out after each draft about how chapped he was at taking olinemen in the first round.

Hell, I think he'll tell you he was wrong about it nowadays.

Wow I didn't know that.

(in my defense, as a Redskins fan, every other owner looks like a god in comparison)

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

You guys are out of your loving mind if you think Dak is a Dilfer-level QB

I didn't say Dilfer level.

I have no idea what level he is.

All I know is that he has the easiest QB job in the league right now. Huge running game, not asked to do much, and when he does need to throw, he has plenty of time and Witten/Dez out there getting open eventually.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

The Eagles will probably be underdogs to Washington, the Giants, and the Cowboys, the last of which they'll be underdogs to because they'll have been eliminated from playoff contention before the game starts

They probably won't be underdogs to Washington playing at home.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

NattyBo posted:

Dunno how you figure that, even with home field points given, the skins have a better record and also crushed them most handily earlier this season

True. But the Eagles have a lot of talent, are undefeated at home, and the records are not that different. The Skins are still a work in progress with exploitable talent deficiencies on defense, and tend to play every game close. If the Eagles get the ball last, I don't get have any faith in the Skins defense to stop them.

(I'm a Skins fan btw)

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spIuA1GgfDE

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

Washington is hard to figure out right now. I think they're good on offense, but the defense is Jekyll and Hyde because like the rest of the NFC East, they alternate between playing teams with great offenses and teams with garbage offenses and little in-between

The Redskins defense is Jekyll and Hyde because it plays hard but the front 7 still is way short on talent. Kerrigan is the only above average talent among the front seven, and he's not a star. Playing hard all game up front with good secondary support is good enough to control bad offenses, but you need more talent to control the good offenses.

Now if the Redskins were able to make a huge defensive investment like the Giants just did this year... but they can't. All the money is going to go to sign Captain Kirk long term. So it's going to require some luck with middle draft picks.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

I want to hate McNabb because he sucked rear end playing for the Redskins, but I reluctantly vote for him over Romo. It's close, but McNabb was really extremely good for a long time, and especially good at avoiding costly turnovers. despite being in a pass-happy offense. He murdered us for a decade in a way that Romo really never did.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

It's hard for anyone to have hate for the Redskins after they've been poo poo for 20 years.

:smith:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Genocide Tendency posted:

The ghost of the the 49'ers titles whispers, almost in audibly, as if it was just a trick of the wind.... Joe Montana.

Except Steve Young actually was more talented than Montana. Montana was great too, but his success was in large part due to the brilliance of Bill Walsh's drafting and the fact that it took the rest of the NFL a decade to figure out how to defend a good WCO.

Once Young got his shot, he was incredible, and did it behind an offensive line that was inferior to Montana's using an offense that the rest of the league now understood.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

As a Skins fan I've spent decades wishing ill upon the Cowboys and rooting against them in every single game, but for this one week I have to *choke* pull for them. I need a loss for Tampa Bay.

I feel dirty.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

It's really hard to imagine anyone characterizing Barack Obama as a thug.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

It probably didn't cost the Cowboys the game, but it's not up to the Cowboys to determine the Giants' punishment, either. I don't suspect this will amount to much, but I've got no sympathy for a team whose owner went out of his way to punish division rivals for not colluding to curb spending during the capless year.

This. Giants don't have to worry because the Giants are the ones who get to decide the rules.

no I'm not still bitter why would you say that and besides it was worth it to have Albert Haynesworth's stellar efforts. :cry:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Dear Dallas,

Thanks so much for doing us a solid.

Now feel free to catch dysentery and die.

Sincerely,

Redslins fandom everywhere

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Is it too soon to crown the eagles offseason champs? I seem to recall this happening every offseason so I just wanna get it out of the way so we can all enjoy their inevitable collapse after a briefly promising start.

I remember when people used to say this about the Redskins. And then every year hilarity ensued.

Now no one even bothers. I'm not sure which is worse. :smith:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

mods please rename thread to "NFC East: Eagles Fanfiction Zone" tia

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

The Raiders fans are by far the worst. The biggest incidence of arrests at the 49ers stadium I can recall was in a preseason game the last year at Candlestick, but almost all of the people arrested were Raiders fans, not 49er fans. Dirt cheap preseason tickets dumped on Craigslist and bought up by Raiders fans. 49er security was not ready for the crap that ensued.

I'm a Redskins fan, not a 49ers fan. I've been to many games at both the Coliseum and Candlestick. The crowds at 49er games are pretty sedate. The crowds at the Coliseum are complete anarchy.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can Washington go through one loving primetime game without getting massacred by injuries? It's bad enough to have to listen to the talking heads suck off Wentz for three hours, but losing players is the worst.

Apparently not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress this season.

Our lot is to suffer.

• Locked thread