Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

CyberPingu posted:

Can they just ban the NFCN from the playoffs and give the final spot to the NFCE...provided that all NFCE teams finish with winning records

Yes please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

How great would an NFC East championship game between Dallas and Washington be?

A man can dream....

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

shiksa posted:

its ok just give in and love kirk, i sure as heck do.

:hfive:

I'm a Redskins fan and I like Kirk

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Having the entire division being above average to really good kinda owns.

That said, let us unite and cheer for the Bengals tonight.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Cash Monet posted:

Skins still aren't getting it done in the redzone. They're 4th in the league in total yards and 3rd in the league in passing but only 16th in points per game. They don't have a big bodied end zone threat but they need to figure something out.

Really sucks that Doctson is on IR. He is that big body that can get jump balls. Teams are def keying on Jordan Reed

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 14, 2016

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Playing an NFCE team in the playoffs would be cool but also bad because I'd die of acute alcohol poisoning afterwards either way.

Getting ahead of ourselves,tho. For Washington I'd say the most important games left on the schedule are @Arizona @Philly and home vs NYG in week 17 in terms of playoff implications.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
If the Skins make the playoffs we'll get a mud hole stomped in us by Seattle. Tired of the nightmare games against them.

So probably only if interest to Skins fans, all 3 of us or whatever, but I'm really happy for Trent Murphy. Letting players actually develop a bit before we label them busts and move on is a nice change the GM brought. He's T8th NFL wide with 7 sacks, which matches his career total. He's really developed his hands and moves and you can see why he led the nation in sacks for Stanford.

As far as I can tell (phone posting...), Washington is the only team with more than 1 player in the top 10 for sacks - Kerrigan has 7, as well. Former Skins on the list include Lorenzo Alexander and Orakpo lol.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
DJax is super injury prone now FWIW, like more than ever before.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Not to interrupt Dan vs Wentz chat, but can we talk about how bullshit the Redskins schedule is?

This weekend we play on SNF before having a game Thursday midday. So basically a 2.5-3 day turnaround. Fine whatever I guess it's only 8 hours less than Dallas gets plus travel time too.

The week before Christmas we play Carolina on MNF and then have a SATURDAY 1PM game @Chicago, so a 4 day turnaround Only team in the league with 2 short turnarounds in one season.

Thanks, Mara.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Shinjobi posted:

Thursday games have shown that the NFL flat out doesn't give a poo poo.

Thursday games should be for teams coming off a bye or something

Absolutely, but it's even crazier that we play Sunday night going into Thursday mid day. And then we have a similar turnaround later in the season (again on the road too).

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

TheChirurgeon posted:

The Cowboys have to do this literally every year

You're playing Sunday at 1PM, not 8PM, and then at home on Thursday. You also don't have a Monday to Saturday turn around so no.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

TheChirurgeon posted:

The Cowboys play every Thanksgiving, so it's happened more than once in the past

Sorry you're super whiny about this

Every team plays a Thursday game so this isn't unique to you, I'm just pointing out that we are the only team to have this turnaround twice in a season, guy.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

a new study bible! posted:

It's also BS that Philly had to play their first three divisional games all on the road.

Actually playing the last 3 at home could turn out to be huge for you tho

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
lol I have my cake and eat it too, I root against NY/Philly/Dallas but when the division is doing this well I'm :smug: as gently caress too

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

89 posted:

But the entire NFC East being good hurts your NFC East team. I'd much rather have a lot of scam wins at 11-12 wins than 7-8 hard fought wins when that 7-8 wins sends your team home after Week 17 and you get to watch your NFC East foes take your team's place.

Iron sharpens iron

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

shyduck posted:

Redskins are a lock to win tonight

Um.

Redskins updated primetime record entering Sunday Night Football vs. Packers: 5-20 since 2008. 3-14 at home. 2-5 under Jay Gruden.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Love that we were able to hold serve

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Thanksgiving is the most important Redskins-Cowboys game since ______ ? 2012, I guess, but this feels more important since both teams appear to be really good right now

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

predicto posted:

They probably won't be underdogs to Washington playing at home.

Dunno how you figure that, even with home field points given, the skins have a better record and also crushed them most handily earlier this season

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 21, 2016

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Cash Monet posted:

Kirk Cousins is 3rd in the league in yards and 5th in yards per attempt. How.

He owns

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
The Washington Football Redskins are going to defeat the Dallas Cowboys in a National Football League game tomorrow.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

incompetent posted:

The :420: guy that plays hangs with the Cowboys is somehow still around.

https://twitter.com/DMN_George/status/801462679185530880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

"He was doing it in a helmet"

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

pro starcraft loser posted:

Picture evidence the Cowboys are gonna get smoked today.

:hfive:

I'm v excited/nervous. Wish the game was earlier

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Good game... I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be. We had our chances. Maybe we get a third chance in the playoffs.

Happy Thanksgiving to the rest of you filthy NFCE animals.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

TheChirurgeon posted:

The Vikings will likely lose to the Cowboys, but Washington may struggle against the Panthers and Giants. @Cardinals and @Eagles could be tough, and if they lose @Eagles they may suddenly be fighting the re-energized Eagles for a wildcard spot.

If I had to guess, here's how I'd predict the remaining games falling out:

Cowboys: 3-2 (win @Vikings, v Bucs, v Lions, likely loss @Giants, @Eagles, but could go anywhere from 2-3 to 5-0)
Giants: 3-3 (every game they play is close, but they'll probably beat the Browns and lose to the Steelers)
Washington: 2-3 (going to drop at least 2 games in @Cardinals, @Eagles, Giants, and Panthers)
Eagles: 4-2 (Hardest to predict. Easy schedule, but bad offense means they may not be able to take advantage. Not good enough to run the table, but will probably win v Packers, @Bengals, vs Cowboys, and one of @Ravens, v Washington, v Giants).

Final predictions:
Cowboys 13-3 (1-seed)
Giants 10-6 (wildcard)
Eagles 9-7 (wildcard)
Washington 8-7-1 (miss playoffs)

Ultimately I think Washington is a better team than Philly right now but Philly has the easier upcoming schedule. That said, Philly is a real tossup, since while their defense can keep them in any game, their offense is really bad and unable to put games away or come from behind. They're basically the anti-NFC East, I guess. I have no idea what to make of the Giants right now. Their offense is super unbalanced and I can't tell if their defense is any good, since they suddenly seem to be playing better, but that coincides with a 4-game stretch against the offenses of the Rams, Eagles, Bears, and Bengals, and will probably continue to look amazing against the Browns on Sunday. More likely they have a mediocre defense and are just as lopsided as Washington and the Cowboys.

I see the Skins holding on to that 6th seed. I think they can win 3 of the last 5 (@Arizona, @Chicago, Giants who may be playing for nothing at that point), which would put them at 9-6-1.

If that happened and they were to win vs the NFN or NFCS division winner in the wildcard round, that would almost certainly set up a third Dallas-Washington game. :getin:

BTW Jordan Reed has a grade 3 AC joint tear, which is basically a separated shoulder. Amazing he played so well after that.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 25, 2016

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

blue squares posted:

Kirk calling Aaron Rodgers "Gandalf the White" is code for gay

He was quoting Josh Norman, so maybe Josh is?

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

I think what galls me more than anything else is the idea of us finishing with a worse record than the Redskins. The loving oh-was-that-supposed-to-be-a-spike Skins?

Kirk is so good he invented the most ballsy move of all time, red zone victory formation...in the first half :smug:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

NotWearingPants posted:

Yeah, Eagles/Redskins is barely a rivalry, at least from my Eagles perspective.

Yeah it's not a rivalry I agree, we've 5 championships to your 3.

Looking forward to ending the Eagles season on Sunday tbh

(we have the same number of division titles this decade fwiw)

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

NotWearingPants posted:

The difference is that for the Redskins it has been a Renaissance and for the Eagles it has been a series of catastrophes.

Isn't that kind of the ebb and flow of sports?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
DC has tons of good food from everywhere, but having grown up here, I'd say:

Local food = half smokes

Best non local cuisines: Ethiopian, Korean, Vietnamese, El Salvadoran, Peruvian

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Eagles: :byewhore: :byewhore:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

straight up brolic posted:

It's literally the reason why the fair catch rule exists.

Pretty much. There was a lot wrong with the hit, including timing and launching/targeting, but Sproles was not defenseless; he chose not to avail himself of the rule specifically designed to protect him from that. It was obviously a penalty but Everett has been a practice squad guy with no rep as a head hunter. I doubt there was any ill intent. It sucks that Sprples got hurt from it.

Skins have taken 5 straight from Philly for the first time since 84

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

pro starcraft loser posted:

You had ONE loving job Dallas. The once-in-a-blue-moon I pull for you! :mad:

They better beat the Bucs this weekend or I will lose my mind

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
[quote="FuriousxGeorge" post=""467380991"] When this team comes back to town again, it's time for Buddy style Eagles football.
[/quote]

Beating the Skins in the regular season only to get owned by them in the playoffs? I'm all for Buddy style :smug:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

corn on the cop posted:

Dustin Hopkins hooking an overtime chip shot might end up really loving them over. Wager they hope that Week 17 game is meaningless for New York.

Yeah. Letting Detroit win after Cousins drove for a touchdown and left a minute on the clock hurts more tho

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Nodoze posted:

Hopefully Dallas wins and Prescott plays like poo poo again

Yep. Dream scenario for me is Skins make playoffs, Dallas clinched 1 seed but Prescott plays like poo poo and is benched, Skins win in WC round and then go to Dallas and beat Romo. :fap:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
In half an hour on NFL Network there's a show narrated by Dan Rather - about Vince Lombardi's first and only year coaching the Redskins, before he passed away. It's really a fascinating story from a lot of standpoints, but the most incredible thing is he took a team from 14 straight losing seasons to a 7-5-2 record. Lots of my family and in laws have told me about how much of a miracle that seemed at the time.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 15, 2016

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I'm getting excited when the Cowboys do good things in this game.

:barf:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

predicto posted:

Dear Dallas,

Thanks so much for doing us a solid.

Now feel free to catch dysentery and die.

Sincerely,

Redslins fandom everywhere

Pretty sure it helps us if they beat Detroit next week :eng101:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles/Giants is the oldest rivalry in the NFC East, going back to 1933

The Giants currently lead the series 84-79.

The Giants and Redskins started playing each other in 1932 :confused: Even if you don't count their 1 season as the Braves before they moved to Fenway and became the Boston Redskins, it's still the same start year as the Eagles/Giants rivalry, 1933.

(1932 results)
October 9 Boston Braves 14–6 Braves Field
October 23 Tie 0–0 Polo Grounds

The weird thing is the Eagles and Redskins first game against each other wasn't until 1934, even though in the Eagles inaugural season they were in the same division as the Redskins.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

NotWearingPants posted:

I just got that from the Giants' wiki page

The two citations are from the same article by an Eagles writer in 2008 so it's not outside the realm of possibility that the info is wrong.

Hah, the dangers of wiki. Here's what the Giants-Redskins Rivalry Wiki has to say: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giants%E2%80%93Redskins_rivalry

quote:

The rivalry began in 1932 with the founding of the Washington Redskins, and is the oldest rivalry in the NFC East Division.

The records to seem to support that so I think this is correct

• Locked thread