Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

NattyBo posted:

Huh, was not aware of that.

He's only a redskin because like two weeks after the Saints gave him a big extension a video came out showing him whipping a woman with a belt during a brawl, so the Saints cut him, and the Skins immediately signed him because they're poo poo people made of poo poo and feeding on poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Romo had to put together multiple top 5 QB seasons for people to start talking about him the way people talk about Carson Wentz for winning four games.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

bows1 posted:

Wentz is great, Always was going to be better than Goff. No one saw Prescott coming

He got Miss State to number 1 in the country, it was obvious he could be pretty drat good.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles are 5-1 outside of the NFC East and are 3rd in the league in point differential. I guess you have really high standards if that's mediocrity.

They are 5-4. More half of NFL teams have at least five wins. That sounds pretty mediocre.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

And obviously most of those other teams with 5 wins didn't have to play NFC East opponents three times.

They didn't all get to play the Browns and the Bears either. The Eagles only good win at this point is the Falcons.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

Also the 5-0 Vikings when their defense looked unstoppable

Here's the thing, those teams are actually mediocre as well, as evidenced by the fact that they are 5-4 and 4-5 respectively. Sometimes we think teams are good early and then they actually aren't. "We beat them before it became clear that they suck" isn't a compelling argument.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Febreeze posted:

except the NFCE of course

* Disclaimer does not apply to the Eagles

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

89 posted:

Cut all of our receivers. Cut Nelson Agholor twice. Keep Wentz, Ertz, Celek, Sproles, and the o-line and start over.

But for real, we have a favorable schedule ahead of us. We could easily win out.

Packers (home)
Bengals (away)
Redskins (home)
Ravens (away)
Giants (home)
Cowboys (home)

lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The NFC east is good (well, most of them) but have also been buoyed by playing the hopelessly garbage AFC North.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Imagine Russell Wilson behind the Cowboys OL

:discourse:

Even better, imagine a good quarterback back there!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The 11-2 Cowboys are actually good...for the Eagles!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I'm pretty sure that Carson Wentz is a much better QB than Dak, but Dak is behind one of the best offensive lines in the last decade+.

It's way too early to talk about how good either guy is. Dak hasn't been asked to do too much and Wentz has been hot and cold. It's just very very funny to watch Eagles fans melt down because they got their "QB of the future!" and proceeded to go 0-4 in the division behind teams QBed by powerhouses Eli, Kirk Cousins, and a 3rd round rookie.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

The Eagles just signed something called Patrick Robinson. :effort:

I guess he was one of the Colts CBs last year? I can't imagine they're done at the position now and I'm assuming they just wanted to sign a vet to mentor young guys. Colts defensive backfield was a mess last year though.

He spent a couple of years on the Saints. He's, uh, not very good.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Outside of Belichick who out there is noticeably better than Reid as head coach?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

indigi posted:

did the Eagles blow this pick? I haven't been following as closely this year and that dude's name isn't one of the ones I've heard bandied about

Nah. He isn't the physical freak Garrett is, but he was really productive in college against good competition and he's still got the physical tools and work ethic to be a solid pash rusher and run defender.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

I don't think this is our year, but I think next year, when the Romo money is finally off the books, is when the Cowboys will be real dangerous.

The cowboys are already pretty dangerous based on their arrest records.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

I don't think we have any interstate raping sprees on the books

Not YET

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Reading this is funny because I’m positive the Saints get housed if they have to play the Eagles in Philly, which they would. Their level of competition has made them look better than they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Philly is the only team in the league with a hometown disadvantage

The weather in January in Philly would wreak havoc on our offense and we’ve already had issues protection against teams with a good pass rush. We’d probably lose in NO too though.

• Locked thread