Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Eli Manning is the worst quarterback in the best division and at this point I'm a bit shook about the Eagles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I hate that so much I kind of love it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
His medium and deep balls, save for being a bit shook and rushed the last game, have looked surprisingly good. When he releases the ball it looks like it has no direction and is just going to sort of float somewhere downfield but then somehow it lands directly on its mark. It's really weird.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
For some reason I'm more okay with the Cowboys being good and taking the division than the Giants or the Redskins.

Quiet Feet posted:

I played Eagles/Cowboys in Tecmo Super Bowl at the conclusion of last night's game and Philly won that 58-3, so there is that.

When I was young and would watch the Eagles get demolished I would always fire up Tecmo Bowl/Madden/Quarterback Club '98 or whatever I had at the time and replay the game so the Eagles won to make myself feel better.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
RIP in peace Josh Huff http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-release-wr-josh-huff-after-gundrug-arrest/

Who needs receivers.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Never go to New Jersey.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Hellyeah I love strip malls and Little Caesars.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Who the hell is Bryce Treggs and can he catch things on top of being fast

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
The NFC East teams not from Philadelphia need to start losing.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yesterday's Eagles game made me unreasonably angry. That's kind of all I have to say I guess, I felt like I went a little nuts watching it play out.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Eagles looked good today but those two missed calls by the refs were frustrating as hell. They've definitely got the talent to do well but it turns out the Redskins and Cowboys are also somehow extremely good and possibly great. Ugh.

Kinda lolling at the Vikings completely collapsing but I was really hoping they'd pull it off today. Go Steelers.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Cowboys continue the NFC East's dominant supremacy. Seriously the Steelers had no goddamn hope of stopping their offense.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Presented without comment.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I gotta say I'm pretty happy with Smallwood. That dude has done alright this season.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Minus a costly fumble

Yeah but mistakes happen. If it's an epidemic of fumbles then he's got a problem.

NattyBo posted:

That said, let us unite and cheer for the Bengals tonight.

Agreed.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

CowboyKid posted:

Nah, beating the Eagles in the Playoffs is the best.

Especially after shutting them out in the last game of the season.

Great now I'm all triggered again.

e: and it was only a rumor I guess but looks like the Eagles dodged a bullet http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18048760/alshon-jeffery-chicago-bears-suspended-four-games-peds

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

big juicy nectarine posted:

Vince Young is an all-time great... in my heart.

Dream Team bitch.

Nice.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
(in Homsar voice) WHOA-OA-OA-OA! NELSONS AGHOLOOOR!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
This might be one of the worst gifs ever created but I appreciate it.

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/800469585828855808

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Watch the Giants quietly slip into the playoffs and win the loving Super Bowl again.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

exploded mummy posted:

It really isn't quietly when they've got the 2nd best conference record

It's more that I hear nobody talking about them. Not just hear but around the office and among my friends everything is Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins and whoops here's the Giants with an 8-3 record and on a drat roll.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

I'm still really angry about this.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Go Giants but only tomorrow.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Fredex is right.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
So that means we're going to the Super Bowl in a few years right??

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Best division with zero playoff wins

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Jota posted:

Put up a banner for your first round bye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6hXCxKxrT8&t=269s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeIJ8l3PZ88&t=4s

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
For real tho Zeke and Dak are probably going to be gashing up the Eagles for years and that's terrifying. Congrats on landing two good players Cowboys.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
That was a pretty good opener for the Eagles. Darby going down sucks but the defense held up really well overall. Special teams was also once again good. They weren't bad offensively but boy was some of that play calling questionable and I have no idea why they kept going horizontal when it just wasn't working over and over again. That backwards pass fumble that Wentz lofted way too high was terrible.

Sorry Redskins fans about that Cousins fumble, I have no idea how that's not an incomplete pass.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
So what's the excuse now for the Eagles giving up on their running game already? Let's check the stats:

Not great! Wentz is a wacky scramble boy but he shouldn't be our leading rusher. Sproles hasn't really been a threat yet and they've already given up on Blount for reasons I don't know. Smallwood sort of exists. In previous seasons our offensive line was injured and blown all to hell but this year they just can't seem to make plays and I don't think Wentz is the type of QB that can take all of that on his shoulders. If they can't get any sort of ground game going I don't have much hope for the rest of the season.

e: he got the saying wrong but lol

https://twitter.com/LG_Blount/status/909541897034715136

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Sep 18, 2017

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Winning the NFC East even if it means being the King of poo poo Mountain is good enough for me.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Philly also hasn't really hasn't been bailed out by the special teams like in the past. Last year it felt like special teams had a huge play be it a turnover or big return at least once a game and that just hasn't manifested.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Who the gently caress talks any kind of yang about Brian Dawkins.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah that's a cool promo but it's a shame about literally all of the Eagles players in it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
We're going to send three because this is the best division in football.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
So what was up with Beckham's little tantrum on the sidelines after his touchdown/pissing flag? It looked like he was going nuts and trying to hype up what Giants fans were in the stadium but then another angle made him look upset. Giants players seemed to be ignoring it and a coach had to come over and tell him to stop. Is that just par for the course for him?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Sickening posted:

Wait, someone things romo is good in the booth? What?

Romo is fun as hell in the booth.

[quote="“euphronius”" post="“476796634”"]
You seem to have observed what happened

Football is an emotional game I love obj. He’s great
[/quote]

I'm obligated to not like him since he wrecks our secondary but he's by far your best weapon so I can't be too mad.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Pretty unfair that the Eagles got an extra home game today imho.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
The Eagles looked good yesterday except when the secondary was getting torched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Looking forward to the NFC East continuing to be a division in football this weekend.

• Locked thread