Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

AvesPKS posted:

Well, his rookie year was also RG3's rookie year, and yeah the Redskins could definitely run the ball in 2012. His production dropped off every year after that, he's 27 and a physical runner, I'd compare him at least from a longevity standpoint to Marion Barber, so I think the team just figured he wasn't worth keeping around long term. It was a shame to see him go, but he was to me another patch on a lacking RB squad that has never really gotten back to a Portis/Betts/Cartwright level since Portis left.

I think he massively benefited from the read option stuff as teams had to keep guessing between him or RG3. When they went away from that he was still pretty good behind the zone blocking scheme, but that changed under Gruden who also didn't run the ball as much and Morris also looked more indecisive at that point.

Washington seems like an about average team that could trend to the good side of average if Cousins continues to improve his play. If they can fix their defensive line next offseason while not having their offense blown up (they need Docston to get over whatever the hell is going on with his achilles tendons so he can be ready to step in and replace whoever they end up losing next season) they could probably move into the actual "good" category, assuming Cousins continues to play decently well and doesn't price himself out of town asking for top tier quarterback money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Mind_Taker posted:

They 2013 and 2014 Redskins seasons were just brutal to watch from an entertainment standpoint so I'm just happy they have a team that can make most games competitive and can move the ball, even if sometimes it results in hilarious interceptions. There was nothing less fun than watching 2013-14 RG3 throw for 150 yards a game and like ten 3-and-outs per game.

and get utterly destroyed 5+ times per game

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Looks like he outweighs both of those guys put together

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I vaguely wander in and out of football and am constantly frustrated by how easy it is for all the players to get blown ACLs or other crazy injuries and derail a season but I still like to keep up sometimes and man am I just l laughing at loving Dan Snyder and Washington probably going to piss away the best quarterback they've had in forever because Snyder is butt hurt that RG3 failed. More years of wallowing in poo poo instead of building a team because the team is run by stupid assholes who know poo poo about player evaluation and anything other than jerking themselves off about how much power they have running the team

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a perfect example of how petty this front office is. It's no different from how they kicked out McCloughan with a smear job, failed to tell Fuller he was being traded, or any number of other examples. Meanwhile Kirk has remained a consummate professional, saying all the right things in public while watching Snyder and Allen trip over themselves with every turn of events. It's a clownshoes clusterfuck of an organization.

EDIT:

I'm inclined to agree. By all accounts Kirk's a fairly loyal guy (he accepted a lower offer from one sports radio station over another because WFAN was with him from the start), but Allen and Snyder dramatically underestimated the value of an even an average QB. At worst Kirk is that, and frankly I consider him top 10. It's pretty damning of their scouting department that after years of tape and starts they didn't have enough confidence to know he was worth investing in. They're loving incompetent.

It's hilarious how much better Washington would be if the dumb people in the room just stopped pretending that they were football experts and let people who have even a vague idea of what they're doing do their job. Snyder and Allen thinking this is like video game football and how to be successful they need to have their hands in everything just dooms the team to pathetic results over and over yet they never see that they're the problem.

• Locked thread