Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheChirurgeon posted:

What if it was against the Steelers?

If we don't make it, I wouldn't mind seeing Falcons/Chiefs

I'm honestly ok with either Green Bay or Atlanta if Dallas hilariously loses again from the NFC. On the AFC I'm just hoping for the chiefs because gently caress the steelers and pats amen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

davecrazy posted:

How did this trash fire defense win 13 games?

Most teams were playing from behind against the cowboys so they were forced to be one dimensional.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Finally some good news.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Its nice when giants, eagles, and cowboys fans can come together and agree on something.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Febreeze posted:

It's also nice when the Giants, Eagles, and Skins fans can come together and agree on something

something like haha gently caress the Cowboys the Jaguars have won more playoff games than you have in the last decade

:smith:

The only thing I have to cling to in these trying times is that I have more balls than lord waffle beard because I'm still posting after my team is out this year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I was gonna say something about winning more against the division, but if I only go back 20 years the only team we're consistently whooping up on is the redskins.

Historically, though, the NFCE has collectively been Dallas' division.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

corn on the cop posted:

I am glad that we finally bonded together and dropped the facade of caring about division solidarity.

We're all losers this year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheChirurgeon posted:

jesus who cares. We won the division this year and had a great year. Of course fans of the rest of the division are gonna bring up the past because that's all they've got right now. Oh no the Jaguars won some playoff games back when they were good and we were trash! Guess our franchise is garbage! Oh look this team won some super bowls before some of us were born! Your team never won a Super Bowl! Guess you should put a bag over your head! I don't know how you guys do this poo poo over and over and over every week.

Literally all four of these teams played better than any of their fans had any right to expect this year. All four. Even Giants fans with their bravado didn't foresee the team going 11-5 with a shot at 12-4 and the 1-seed this year. Washington fans weren't sure they had the QB of the future in Cousins. Cowboys fans thought the season was over when Romo went down. Eagles fans figured the whole thing was a lost cause and had no reason to believe Wentz was the guy. Now here we are and all four teams are flawed, but all four teams have potentially bright futures (though obviously that future extends a shorter distance out for the Giants). The NFC East is actually the best division in football, and that's pretty cool, even if the non-Cowboys teams are terrible and their fans are human trash. What matters now is that we can collectively root for the Falcons because oh my god gently caress these three other teams

Well said.

TheChirurgeon posted:

The only time I was legit upset last night watching the game was when Aikman brought up Green Bay as a "team that has suffered through a lot of heartbreak over the past few years" like winning only one super bowl and making the playoffs is a real loving travesty

I was upset with Garret not going for the FCK at the end of the half. If he didn't think Bailey had the leg for it send out the punter just never walk away when you have an uncontested shot at points. Bailey can put kickoffs in the back of the end zone and he had a few yards extra here. Even if he missed there wasn't going to be a return.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't think Cutler was ever really the bears' problem.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mort is saying now that the Cowboys are going to trade Romo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

indigi posted:

Carroll will have to do it for a while before I'd stick him over Reid. Reid's done the coach/GM thing with two teams now. Let's see Carroll build another championship-caliber team before

yeah but you can substitute anyone with "and two rings" and it'd still be true. I'd rather have had Osama bin Laden and two rings. I'd rather have Richard Spencer and two rings.

What about John Gruden. You get one ring, that way, and one of the most hilariously lopsided superbowls as well.

I mean, seriously, you're going up against the guy that coached your team last year and you change next to nothing about his offensive system? loving Bill Callahan.

Also I just stumbled down a rabbit hole where people seem to think that Bill Callahan deliberately threw the game and wanted to lose the super bowl.

Also Pete Carroll is only good because he told his team to cheat on the field all the time and the refs swallow their whistles instead of calling DPI on every play.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NotWearingPants posted:

No team has repeated as NFC East champion since the Eagles completed a run of 4 in a row in 2004.

No one survives the NFCE grindhouse.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Is it too soon to crown the eagles offseason champs? I seem to recall this happening every offseason so I just wanna get it out of the way so we can all enjoy their inevitable collapse after a briefly promising start.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NotWearingPants posted:

It's different now because the Eagles have a QB.

I remember eagles offseason champ poo poo going on back when they had McNabb, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

euphronius posted:

The year they traded for Terrell and Jevon kearse was an actual off season champ legit win.

As evidenced by their lombardi.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

euphronius posted:

The patriots cheated what can you do :shrug:

I don't know what you're gonna do, but the cowboys have gone 8-8 for 20 years.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NotWearingPants posted:

I took that into consideration when I made my statement.

Eagles fans' hate for McNabb always seemed so bizarre to me. The dude had a tendency to throw balls into the dirt often enough, but for the most part was a great QB and took them to multiple championships. I still remember him running over 50 yards laterally in the backfield clowning cowboys defenders before lobbing a bomb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-bPBAYdGEo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You're being more revisionist than cowboys fans are about Romo. McNabb got poo poo on hard by philly fans.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I watched the McFadden/Randle platoon during the post-Murray year

It wasn't good

That was a season without a quarterback. Its hard to run against 8 in the box every down because brandon weeden isn't unleashing the dragon anytime soon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I almost wonder if the NFL would be able to field 16 teams of current players if they actually cared about PEDs and used something like USADA testing like the UFC does.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Phoneposting but saw some links that are saying club witnesses have said Zeke didn't throw the punch that hosed up the bouncer.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NotWearingPants posted:

It's not going to matter because the Eagles are going to score 40+ points a game.

This is a great strategy. Then you can hear people blame your QB after the defense lets someone like payton manning drop 51 points to your 48.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

No one is running the table in the NFCE

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wish I could have the pie-eyed optimism of eagles goons.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I have the eagles at 4-12 with those wins against the redskins and giants.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

big money big clit posted:

The cowboys are already pretty dangerous based on their arrest records.

The modern cowboys aren't poo poo in an NFCE that has historically had people like Lawrence Taylor and Michael Irvin.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Didn't they throw battery filled snowballs at santa?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Eagles fans are always loudest in the offseason because its the only time they're champs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

blue squares posted:

If the Boys can't win it then go Eagles imo

See, this is wrong. Sure i might cheer for the eagles against the giants and maybe the steelers, but there's no other reason whatsoever to cheer for philly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm personally ready for the collective pages of eagles fans yelling god damnit donald in the gdts this year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

89 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AMpNN3feGg

I didn't really consider how Dallas has lost a lot of their o-line and their secondary has been drenched in gasoline and lit on fire. They seemed to have made some good CB picks in the draft. But, it's hard to depend on rookies. Then the suspensions.

Dallas defense could be really, really bad.

They've been really bad since wade's second year and have been carried by an amazing offense.

The claim that dallas' D was any good over the past three years comes only from people looking at stats and not the game.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

89 posted:

I can't wait for the 220 yard, 3 TD Alshon game against the Cowboys

Nolan Carroll will give up 2 of them.

Too bad you'll lose 42-35

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They've filed for a temporary injunction blocking the suspension. We'll have a ruling this week on it. On one hand Goodell has pretty much universal authority on the other hand the NFL's people recommended no suspension and Roger pulled the trigger anyways.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I know. Zeke is probably going to lose his suspension case but I'm not sure on the defamation portion because officials said things that were flat not supported by the police or the NFL's investigation.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

blue squares posted:

Zeke playing this week against NYG

But unless the court issues an injunction, he'll be suspended weeks 2-7 as the NFL upheld his suspension. They just didn't get it done by deadline so he suits up for sunday.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Zeke is free until his lawsuit is done. Good chance he'll lose, but the suspension is vacated in the meantime.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Anyone got a clip of the offending play? I was driving away from a hurricane that didn't land and missed most of the football this last week.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I mean I don't get a slow motion there so I can't say for sure. Real time it looks like he got hit right at the back of his windup.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That looks like a forward pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It must be stamped out ruthlessly

I mean, yeah, most of the time I'm with you, but chich is still being a bit of a bitch. This is the shittalk your rival thread and the king of divisional threads.

Not really it's just eagles chat why do we care again? You're gonna get hit with a snowball filled with a battery if you're not careful.

• Locked thread