Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

Giants offense would be a lot better if we had tackles worth a poo poo, pretty much all the problems stem from that

defense has been okay, but they really need to start generating turnovers. We have two whole interceptions, both on Rodgers (lol) by noted bust pickup Janoris jenkins, who's actually been pretty drat good.

Giants pass blocking is still stellar it's that the run blocking is dirty aids water. Giants have no run game to speak of both in the RBs and the blocking so there's zero clock control. Giants defense has been incredible for how much time they're stuck on the field each game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

How can you watch the tackles we have and think we're good at pass blocking? I mean at one point against the Ravens Flowers basically let Suggs walk right into Manning so easily Suggs tore his bicep out of surprise. I don't think it's a coincidence that the 3 teams we've beaten have been the 3 teams with the inferior d-lines. Dallas can't rush the passer. Saints defense is terrible. Vikings and Skins have good to great D-lines, and so does the Packers, who we should have passed all over but Eli was forcing errant passes because he was instantly swarmed.

The Run blocking is rear end, no argument there, but we do not have good pass blocking, certainly not stellar pass blocking

Because they're top 5 rated in football outsiders and have had pretty good games up until the Packers game. They're also in the top half of the league in sacks, pressures, and hurries allowed. Like Eli gets hit a lot, but that's true of every QB in the league right now, and comparatively Eli gets hit much less.

The run blocking really is the problem. Flowers is a completely lovely run blocker and is only a middling pass blocker and seems to be the sore thumb on an otherwise really good offensive line. The run game is so pathetic and we could have had Todd Gurley which stings like a mother fucker.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Iodised QQ posted:

Because Eli throws the ball into the dirt when he even faces a lick of pressure. FO's top notch offensive line pass blocking grading is based off of sacks/dropbacks. That's it. It's loving terrible.

Eli has always been good at avoiding sacks while there are other QB's like Rodgers or Ben who make their lines look worse in such grading systems because they hold the ball forever. Like febreeze said, there are times nowadays where Eli loses faith in his line and plays shaken like he was against Minn/GB. The bounceback against a solid Baltimore defense is encouraging. But in those 2 primetime games if you think Ereck Flowers or Bobby Hart were phenomenal because they had solid FO/PFF grades then I don't know what to say. They're horrible. Flowers at least has the physical talent to mature if he ever puts effort in to learning some proper technique but thus far he hasn't shown the willingness to do so.

Like in the FO stat they say the Giants have the 4th best pass blocking OL and Green Bay is 11th. Those two lines don't deserve to take the same field together and yet the Giants are better?

Yeah FO does sacks only but the point still stands that Eli is one of the least pressured and least hit QBs in the league:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&role=TM&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT

Sure he fires ducks to avoid pressure but every single QB in the league does that too.

Jeeze guys just be happy that our pass blocking is actually good compared to the rest of the league. I don't think they were nearly as bad as you or Febreeze are describing in most of the games this year outside the Packers and Redskins game. And even the Redskins game was a complete fall apart team effort. The real problem really is that there's just no ground game to speak of and any problems on offense kinda stem from that.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

So this division has Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, and John Mara in it

not only are we the best division, we are the most blatantly evil.

of course the only owner with a relatively clean record is Lurie, and the Eagles have no championships, so maybe being evil pays off

All three actively employ wife beaters and so even under public pressure.

I mean the Maras are old school families but I didn't think they were that old school

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Shinjobi posted:

Romo could very well be the best QB the Cowboys ever had,

No.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The public perception in the NFL is ridiculous now. When the Redskins were 0-2 there was some intense doomsaying going on by media outlets and a lot of twitter reporters talking about how the entire locker room hates Cousins.

Winning is everything but it seems like just a few years ago the public would at least wait til a team was 0-5 before freaking out.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Things you look for in a QB prospect:
1. His arm strength. How far can he throw?
2. His accuracy. Can he place the ball anywhere on the field?
3. His precision. Can he place the ball in a specific spot when he throws there?
4. His girlfriend. Is she hot enough for a NFL QB?
5. His stance on the National Anthem. Does he capitalize National Anthem when he types it out?
6. His footwork. Is he able to consistently do proper step drops into a quick delivery?
7. His neckbeard. How thick and coarse is it?
8. His delivery. Is there a hitch in it or is it a smooth transition?
9. His support of Donald Trump. Is it true or just ironic?
10. His ability to read progressions. Does he favor one side of the field?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

I know the rest of the post has jokes but I can't tell if this was one, please elaborate the difference

Bottom right are your Tom Bradys and Peyton Mannings. Bottom left are your Marinos, Rivers, and Romos. Top right are your scattergun QBs like Cutler or Favre. Top left are your favorite insert busts here: ______

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
eli is high accuracy high precision you turd how dare you besmirch our gooberlord

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Honestly I was disappointed that both teams didn't win. There needs to be a reverse-tie but only for NFC East teams which are clearly God's chosen teams

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MrLogan posted:

NFCE combined record: 18-10-1. 0.638 winning %.
AFCW combined record: 20-11-0. 0.645 winning%.

holy gently caress this is the most offensive post in this thread of all places

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Jersey Turnpike takes you on a 4 hour scenic tour of every craphole industrial city in NJ so thats what pretty much everyone sees. Most of NJ is farmland and rolling hills of forest.

Philadelphia and NYC both cause some pretty big urban sprawl in the Northeast and Southwest but for the most part living here is pretty great and convenient.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
sounds like a lot of butt hurt non new jerseyian non giants fans here acting like we dont actually got the best pizza ever

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

blue squares posted:

gently caress you Doltos!!!

Im going to leave the other thread open as a warning just in case you try acting up again

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Jota posted:

His ball placement wasn't that great all game but he obviously improved from the first two possessions.

Giants really didn't look that great either. Both teams looked pretty rough out there today

Giants defense looked good but their run defense against speedy RBs got exposed. Giants offense once again is lost in a mire of trying to force the run when it isn't there and won't be there because our giant 6'6 behemoth LT can't run block worth a poo poo and the below league replacement RT predictably sucks.

Just trade for Joe Thomas already!!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

NattyBo posted:

Having the entire division being above average to really good kinda owns.

That said, let us unite and cheer for the Bengals tonight.

I actively root for a meteor to hit the stadium whenever the rest of the NFC East plays but then am pleasantly happy after they add another win to this glorious division

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
the nfc east bitch

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cash Monet posted:

Would've bet on NFC North.

Stupid Texas dragging down the NFC East.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nodoze posted:

Kirk Cousins is better than Eli Manning. There I said it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

axeil posted:

The 2007 Pats didn't beat the Giants in the Super Bowl. The better team doesn't always win.

You Eagles fans sure know how to push my buttons

For real tho the 2007 Giants were better than the 2007 Pats and the only reason they didn't win week 17 too was cus of a bad game plan that they fixed right the gently caress up in time to bring back a championship trophy!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

indigi posted:

epic username/post combo

I wish there was a way to see if the 2007 Giants were better than the 2007 Patriots. Perhaps if they played each other or something. I dunno.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Grittybeard posted:

Looks like they were 1-1 to me. So definitively not better at least.

Like week 17 matters!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think Dak is quality. He pinpoints guys and makes deliberate throws. Good pocket awareness and the offense is built to suit him. He'll win games and lose games but at this point in his career he does what Romo is limited to doing and does it better.

I really wonder how Eli is going to perform over the next few years because whatever Giants QB comes in has to compete with some pretty decent young guys in Wentz, Cousins, and Dak.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My plan for the NFL season involves two bye weeks, two less weeks of preseason, and expanded season which goes into late February and has the Super Bowl in the first week of March, and removal of Thursday night games.

Two bye weeks would enable more resting time and eliminate the unfairness of an early bye week, two less weeks of preseason would remove unnecessary games but would probably have to come with expanded rosters, the expanded season would add two weeks to the end thus making it an 18 game season and improving ticket sales for owners, plus giving the first week of March a known branding of Super Bowl week, and the removal of Thursday night games would solve short week problems.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Wellington Mara and all of his genealogy are flawless

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm really ashamed that a division as glorious as this has to house a team like the iggles

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's gonna be another tie

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Grittybeard posted:

Honestly don't care, you're joking about riding the Cowboys coattails or you're serious about it. Either is painfully awful for any team in the NFL, but particularly for any NFC East team.

lmao who cares

I hate the rest of the NFC East but it's fun that the entire division is playing above .500 ball

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Grittybeard posted:

If there's one guy here who wears Giants blinders who has an unimaginable hatred in his heart for other NFC East teams I would have put money on you Daltos. It's like I don't even know you anymore.

Davecrazy is our only hope.

I have and will never be a Giants homer. I'm a Football Realist.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

blue squares posted:

The giants went 3 and out against the Browns. Imagine how fun this thread will be if they lose

us giants fans sure are gonna be steamed!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY NFC EAST GAMES IN PRIMETIME HOW ABOUT AFC NORTH *ravens and steelers finish 17-14 after 4 quarters of lovely offensive play* OR NFC WEST *seahawks come back with 45 seconds left to beat the cardinals in a thrilling 7-3 victory* OR EVEN THE loving AFC SOUTH *titans and colts put up a combined 80 points and somehow make it boring*

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Grittybeard posted:

You missed a hell of a game last night.

Surprisingly given the way the first half went.

That game sucked, Justin Houston and Von Miller got to feast on crappy offenses with lovely QBs that could barely get the ball past 30 yards without putting their entire body into it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Look all I'm saying is that the NFC East should get every primetime slot and that should be in a contract of some sort, preferably written and bound like the necronomicon

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I have a really bitter taste in my mouth that this division is no longer all above .500

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If you live in the tri-state area you will hear nothing but Giants talk all day long every day. Maybe some Jets but mostly Giants. There are an absolute ton of Eagles and Cowboys fans up here too but rarely do you see Redskins.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

TheChirurgeon posted:

yeah, p. much. They're a high-variance team generally, which is scary.

They'll probably end up with a wildcard berth but I'm hoping they do a first round playoff exit

I never understand why people apply historical runs to current present day situations. The only person left from 2007's run is Eli and JPP/Cruz from the other run. It's a completely different team with a completely different head coach and has zero bearing whatsoever in what happened in past years. They weren't even high-variance in 2007 or 2011 either, their starts were completely due to being the most injured team in football both those years.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think the Giant's defense is legit this year but the offense surprisingly isn't. The complete lack of run game will probably down them later on in the season and during bad weather games. ODB is just so drat good but they need another seam stretcher. Shepard is an underneath only guy right now and Cruz is a wheel route/sluggo runner sideline guy. That'll also hurt once they start running into teams with competent linebacker and nickel coverage.

Either way I think the Cowboys are a better team right now and maybe the Redskins too once they can figure out why their defense is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

TheChirurgeon posted:

That's a fair assessment. I think the Giant's defense is alright, but not elite. I could be wrong, but I always expected the GIants' offseason spending to pay off more next year than this year. This weekend's game will be really telling in terms of how good the defense is.

Washington is hard to figure out right now. I think they're good on offense, but the defense is Jekyll and Hyde because like the rest of the NFC East, they alternate between playing teams with great offenses and teams with garbage offenses and little in-between

Yeah I looked up the Redskin's schedule and they faced the following in order of QBs: Roethlisberger (38 points), Dak (27), Eli (27), Kessler(?) (20), Flacco (10), Wentz (20), Stafford (20), Dalton(27), Bradford (20), Rodgers (24), Dak (31). They seem to play to their level of competence faced.

Giants defense has gotten loads better since they can stop the run. Pass rush is there even if it's not getting sacks. Landon Collins might be DPOY too.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
In an alternate dimension people realize Romo was never a very good QB and the issue of having a good rookie QB starting over him would be a non-issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Week 17. Dallas is 14-1. Garrett trots out the starters for the first series. Dak gets a season ending injury. A spunky journeyman backup QB named Tony Romo takes over the reins of the franchise, inexplicably leading it to a Super Bowl

• Locked thread