Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

There are worse plans to have when you are as stacked as that team is. They should go all in on a repeat and worry less about what happens in a few years.

Yeah, it seems like a fairly reasonable plan. The team's main weaknesses are O-line depth (can solve through UDFAs and low picks), LB? (depends on if they can get Bradham back), TE depth and P ( :rip: Donnie Football)

I don't see anything wrong with drafting a bunch of o-linemen with the few picks they have and filling in everything else through trades.

CyberPingu posted:

True.

Also holy poo poo there are a lot of pissed off Eagles fans about this.

The gently caress? Why? Mad that Curry's definitely getting cut/traded now? Or did they think that Marcus Johnson was going to be the next Jerry Rice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

They are mad because "Bennet is a jerk"

Translation "Bennett stood up for BLM protestors"

:rolleyes:

Curious to see if this means they found a trade partner for Curry or he's just gone.

Bit sad to see him go, he was always pretty good in my book. Not as headline grabbing as Cox or Barnett or Graham but definitely solid.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Washington successfully manages to not shoot themselves in the dick (again) and has made it clear they won't franchise Cousins.

I'm really struggling to be even remotely interested in Alex Smith.

The one good thing I'll say about Alex Smith is that Washington was smart to realize that franchising Kirk again would absolutely cripple them as an organization and Alex Smith is an average to pretty good QB who can work out for them for a few years while they try and get a more long term solution.

Obviously, things should've never gotten to this point though.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

DONT RUSH HIM BACK

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
:siren:

EAGLES IN THE WORKS TO BRING BACK KELLY GREEN, NFL LEAGUE OFFICE BEING GIANT SHITS ABOUT IT

:siren:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...-nfl-rules-news

quote:

Q: Have you made any progress on being able to use Kelly Green helmets?

LURIE: I was just dealing with this yesterday. What we’re hoping to have happen is, and I don’t know if I mentioned this last year, the whole key was we want a Kelly Green helmet to go with the Kelly Green jerseys. OK? We’re trying to get the league to allow a second helmet. That’s where it’s at. So they very much know we want this and we want it badly. And we’re waiting.

Q: I knew you were hopeful it would be ready soon. Is that still on the table?

LURIE: Right. I don’t know. As I said, I was on it yesterday. Trying to make progress. We don’t have a game for half a year, so, you never know.

Q: Which entity of the league decides this?

LURIE: It’s … I don’t know what entity of the league, but in the end it’s probably the commissioner [Roger Goodell]. They have to decide do they want to go with a plan that would be a two helmet plan for the NFL. That’s not what we do now. It’s a one helmet league. So there’s ramifications in that I suppose. They know that with the Eagles, it’s important to us. We really want to be able to have Kelly Green jerseys at times. To make it look really right, we should have matching helmets.

Q: What’s the objection to two different helmets?

LURIE: You’d really have to kind of research with [the league] a little bit. There’s a lot of teams that don’t want that to happen, maybe. Some teams really want it to happen. There’s some complications to it. So I just need them to work it out.

Kelly Green uniforms for raising the Super Bowl banner would be incredible.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Axiel do you have the Hi-Res image of the Jeffery end zone catch?

you know it.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

You da man.

It's my current background at work. I got a real chuckle the other week when I had to do a presentation and everyone saw my background and the one Pats fan in the room tried arguing that Ertz's TD wasn't a catch.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NY cuts OBJ and he goes to Dallas, Dez goes to NY. That'd be hilarious.

Uber-comedy option is going to Philly but I don't see it happening.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

Is that because of the cap or is he bad and old

Both

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
:laffo: at Witten retiring and then the Eagles jumping Dallas to draft the only high-quality TE left in the draft and Akers trolling the poo poo out of the Cowboys

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I am a proud member of the Sproletariat :patriot:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Reminder that Backup QB Nick Foles caught a TD in the Super Bowl and Tom Brady did not and also makes out with his kids.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

In retrospect, I wish McAdoo had won a Super Bowl so Giants fans would have gotten his haircut in tribute.

He has the haircut Gordon Bombay gets in D2: The Mighty Ducks when he becomes Coach Blood.

How in the hell did McAdoo think that was a good look?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
:laffo: Nick Foles would rather be the backup in Philly than start in Cleveland.

quote:

Before rejecting the deal, two sources said, the Eagles ran the scenario by Foles, who said he preferred to remain in Philadelphia.

https://deadspin.com/report-nick-foles-turned-down-browns-starting-qb-job-t-1826244288

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Cash Monet posted:

The way this dumb division works the Cowboys will go 12-4 and the Eagles will probably miss the playoffs.

The NFC East hasn't had a repeat division winner since 2004 when the Eagles won it their 4th consecutive time.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Why in the world would the Eagles regress to 7-9?

-Wentz's injury ruins his mobility
-Defense regresses
-OL injuries
-Running game turns back into a pumpkin

I don't think it's likely but that's probably the scenario. Interested to see what Jimmy says when he writes the Eagles article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Why the Eagles will suck this year:

http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-eagles-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2018/

I don't think they'll suck but Jimmy's points of weakness are pretty accurate.

• Locked thread