Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I didn't even think about how the Vikings loss helped the Eagles today beyond draft position.

Here is a look at the complete NFC playoff picture this moment after today:

1. Dallas Cowboys (10-1)
2. Seattle Seahawks (7-2-1)
3. Detroit Lions (7-4)
4. Atlanta Falcons (7-4)
5. Giants (7-3)
6. Redskins (6-4-1)

IN THE HUNT:

7. Minnesota Vikings (6-5)
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-5)
9. Eagles (5-5)
10. Arizona Cardinals (4-5-1)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm not about this whole division love. But I'd be so down with 3 NFCE teams in the playoffs for the hilarity if our rise out of medicocrity.

And knocking the Cowboys AND Giants out of the playoffs in the playoffs would be The Best

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

TheChirurgeon posted:

I hate the other three teams in the division and want them to lose every game but discussion is more interesting when you step back and think objectively about the teams rather than just posting "we're going to win" every week.

e: Especially since you're wrong literally half the time :smug:

The Eagles are gonna win and Paul Turner is gonna score 3 touchdowns.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
There is no division pride in the NFL.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles may deactivate Nelson Agholor tonight or limit snaps.

Jordan Matthews will be used more primarily on the outside and Paul Turner will be the slot.

Interesting.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Vikings missing the playoffs and continuously losing the rest of the season and the Eagles making the playoffs AND taking the Vikings first round pick in the process would make Howie Roseman look like Houdini.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My free upgrade to 1,000 MBps Gigabit internet rolling out on Thursday in my area softens this blow from last night a little.

But only a little.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
WTF happened to our pass rush?!?

My only excuse I can make is that Aaron Rodgers is too familar with Jim Schwartz and is still Aaron Rodgers at the end of the day and has just been in a slump. Wentz looks better than everything around him on offense. We've been seeing how this team is with being gutted of all of our playmakers via Chip.

But, on the same note, we wouldn't have gotten Wentz had we still had those playmakers so who the gently caress knows :shrug:

89 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 29, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Uh, Eagles aren't out of the playoff chase yet.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What's hosed up is that the Cowboys have somehow turned into the Eagles closest ally for the next few weeks when all goes right..

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Paul Turner had more catches and receiving yards in this game (his first starting) than Agholor has in his entire career of games.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Our expectations of Agholor in the past month have decreased to an embarsssing low.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm playing Kirk Cousins against the Eagles in my fantasy playoffs.

:(

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The worst feeling of playing Kirk Cousins against the Eagles is...

I know what's gonna happen and that's why I'm playing him :cry:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
There was one off-season where the Eagles had DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, LeSean McCoy, and Darren Sproles signed at the same time.

And then DeSean was let go...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The Eagles are big time missing a good veteran hard working WR. Luck had Reggie Wayne, Cam had Steve Smith, RGIII had Pierre Garcon (you know, before RGIII died), Wentz has nothing. Think of how much even Kirk Cousins has been surrounded by tremendous receiving talent in DeSean, Garcon, Reed, Vernon Davis, Crowder, Doctson. It's possible tomorrow that Wentz will take the field with Ertz, a 1st rounder who looks like a bust, and two undrafted WRs. Really excited to see what the Eagles aggressive front office will be doing to address that this offeseason.

After we get done kicking the Redskins's rear end tomorrow :shepspends:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Gynecolojustice posted:

Doctson has definitely helped Cousins grow this year, its true
#TheTeamInvestingInTalentToHelpTheirQBasMuchAsPossible

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Redskins fans just mad the Eagles gonna ruin their playoff run tomorrow :smug:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I concede.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Carson Wentz is good and Eagles are gonna own next year.

Star Wars comes out next week.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

quote:

"At 5-8, the Eagles are still mathematically alive for a playoff spot. According to FPI, they face 5 million-to-1 odds. The scenario: The Eagles must win out, the Falcons, Redskins and Packers must all lose out. The Vikings must beat the Packers, but lose their other 2 games. The Buccaneers must beat the Panthers in Week 17. The Saints must lose to the Cardinals or Buccaneers. And the Cardinals must lose at least once."

:shepspends:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is there football this week?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It was a good call. Just didn't work out.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The NFL Total Access commercial on NFL network...when it gets to the part with the voice clip of "With the first pick of the NFL draft" plays....it shows Wentz getting his jersey instead of Goff 😂

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Man, the Giants look Really Good

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It would be funny for the Giants to miss the playoffs cause of us, but on the same note, it would be great if they won.

Oh, Super Bowl champs Giants? You mean that scrub team we disposed of in Week 16? :smuggo:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

axeil posted:

Er but they beat us earlier in the year...

I'm digging deep to come up with what I already have, come on man.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles could end up with #8 in the first round after today lol

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles finish with the toughest schedule (strength of schedule) in the NFL this season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff?appsrc=sc

Also to note, Eagles had by far the strongest Strength of Victory (beating teams with good records).

89 fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 2, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Wentz is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7VRUJIfAdA

http://imgur.com/UOFFXaB

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

TheChirurgeon posted:

I think Wentz is better than he's looked, but lol @ showing three clips from a game vs. the Browns

I can't get mp4s to work, sooooo, I was a little short on gifs that would work

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This my favorite:

http://imgur.com/UOFFXaB

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
If OBJ has only punched one hole in a wall and it was over a NFL playoff loss after he had 23 targets and like 4 catches, then he's already doing way better than my old roommate who punched several holes in a wall over his dumb first ex.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE6QzDrT_x8

89 fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 9, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Agholor did it last year too and hosed Ertz on a TD on that one was well.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Joe Webb is as good as Dak.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPR108kwNo4

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Romo would have blocked that kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

TheChirurgeon posted:

Especially if Romo ends up going to the Broncos

e: though their defense might take a huge hit next year

From the coaching change? I don't think any major players are hitting free agency.

• Locked thread