Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Korelle posted:

Hmm a father has concerns about his daughter marrying someone 15 years her senior after a short romance while he's still in the middle of a messy divorce. Clearly it must be because he's some massive racist.

Somethingawfulforums.txt

Ricky Knight is a massive racist though. This may or may not have anything to do with his feelings on ADR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Cyron posted:

what is more funny, del Rio leaving the WWE open a failed resturant or CM punk leaving the WWE to be a failed UFC fighter.

Punk is making a shitload of money from being a bad mma fighter. Del Rio not so much.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

If scuttlebutt is true, ADR has a habit of not giving back advances he's paid for shows he misses.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Look he could go to the shows he's contractually obligated to go to who have paid him an appearance fee up front, but these giant piles of coke aren't going to snort themselves.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

In the UK at least the Turtles were always Hero turtles during their first run. It's all related to an old law that meant that any reference whatsoever to ninja's made a film or tv show an instant 18 rating.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Somehow Paige is still the most balanced member of her family.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Ricky Knight is straight up going to murder a dude.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Probably for the best if Alberto doesn't wrestle in the UK for a bit.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The thing to take into account about ADR getting booked by Paiges family is that when he was, that Paige would come over with him, and that for various reasons she wasn't able to come over on her own.

Also worth remembering when the whole stabbing thing happened her brother was there at the time.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

For pretty obvious reasons I don't expect ADR to get a whole lot of UK bookings going forward.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Who was being dangled?

A family friend who had "disrespected" Paiges ma. Ricky was beating the poo poo out of him when Bryan arrived, paused from doing so to shake his hand and then returned back to beating the crap out of him. Bryan comes back later, if I remember rightly from having a match to find the guy being dangled out of a forth storey balcony by their feet by Ricky.

Bryan tells the story in his book but doesn't name names, but it's a story that's been known on the UK scene for forever. It's worth noting that the Knights are even more protective of Paige than of their ma, and there's an endless line of stories about poo poo like that.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

Now I want to hear Paige's brother's take on this new turn

I'm pretty sure he's still on the side of his sister who threw a drink in her boyfriends face when he told her that he hoped her uncle died strangely enough.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

Sometimes I forget that Paige is named after her mother's in-ring character and then theres news like this and lmao

If you ever find yourself talking to any of the Knights, they use both sets of names interchangeably often in the same sentence and it's nigh on impossible to follow who they're talking about.

But you nod along, because well they're frankly terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Paige now and Paige then are really like two different people.

• Locked thread