Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm watching Kripparian play this game and that Spell/Dimension Shift deck looked really disgusting :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wait so rerolling is an mobile thing only, I'm using the steam version so I'm basically stuck with what I got from the ~ 40 packs right?

This is all I got from them :effort:

If most other players are doing this poo poo it feels bad to start playing since I know they have an advantage on me

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Literally my first ranked match ever at Beginner 0 is against a Tempo Elf with all the good legendaries/goldens :suicide:

it's hearthstone all over again

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So I managed to get like 2 Garudas from all those initial packs the game throws at you, and saw that Haven Stormcraft is a thing and crafted another one.

This is the deck right now. Where do I go from here? Do any legendaries fit the deck? I have 6k vials available

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

only legends you really want for stormhaven is moon, and only like two of them.

Sophism posted:

If you do craft Moon, I'd only craft one initially and see how you like her in the deck first.

Out of curiosity how often do the developers balance the game? What are the chances they change something like Garuda, ruining the deck? Don't want to craft a legendary for an archetype that might not last long.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

shoc77 posted:

So I discovered this game from the hearthstone subreddit and pretty much got sucked in right away. Guess I have an inner weeb in me after all.

Is there any consensus on whether someone new like me with a pretty crappy collection should play ranked or u ranked for questing? I've read somewhere that if you ranked up too fast, you'll eventually face a brick wall of u ending meta decks which would be horrid if you don't have a proper deck to complete missions ie. forestcraft missions with a Budget deck.

On the other hand, the score rewards seem pretty good and I'm still facing a lot of players with optimised decks (forest raft with complete set of ancient ends and crystallia tia, elana havencraft etc..)when playing unranked now (I'm beginner rank as of now) which is really obnoxious.

I'm also not sure where to focus my deck building towards, my best reroll consists of an Erasmus, Odin, Alexander and 2 Bloody Mary and I'm too far in to consider another reroll :/

You'll get your teeth kicked in in both modes for questing so pick your poison.

Also what Golden cards did you get? I didn't bother with rerolling and have a few scattered decent legendaries across all classes, but managed to get 2 Garudas that I made a budget Storm Havencraft deck, eventually even crafting a legendary for it and still had vials left for another.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

General Morden posted:

hearthstone really warped my perception of stat and mana values of cards

i keep wanting 2 mana cards to be at least 2/3 or 3/2 and so on

Oh god this. I was desperately trying to find a 4 drop with yeti stats when I first tried to make a deck in the game.

This perception still fucks me when I'm making picks in T2

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Yeah for some reason the Beginner ranks are filled with meta decks, my first match was against a fully decked out Tempo Forestcraft deck and I got crushed. It gets better in D and C ranks however

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

After seeing the last cards revealed for the HS expansion I think I will stick with Shadowverse for now :sweatdrop:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

For newcomers always pick Swordcraft if possible in T2. My first 5-0 was with Sword and it was the most brainless deck to play ever, they just have so much good poo poo in Bronze/Silver it's amazing

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

yeah if he's a dirty Tempo Elf player I hold no sympathy for him

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Is Bloody Mary a meme card? I opened one and put in a lovely aggro deck for kicks, and then later in the game managed to used it with 2 Razory Claws for 10 face damage burst and it felt good

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Also it was watching Kripp play it that I became interested in Shadowverse after HS became a shitshow

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I feel like anyone who doesn't put Tempo Forest at the top of their list of hated decks is either playing Forest themselves or really fundamentally misunderstands what's going on.

Seriously, gently caress Ancient Elf and Crystalia Tia. If they play Tia it's like they get a free evolve point which is just bonkers

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Autarkeia posted:

Alright, giving this a try. I'm not patient with the whole re-roll thing but on 4th try landed

Legendary
3x Cerberus
1x Crystalia Tia
1x Odin
1x Alexander

Gold isn't very impressive
Ghouls Banquet
Elana's Prayer
Rogues Creed
Winter's Caprice
Arch Priestess Laelia
Homecoming
Timeworn Mage Levi
Elf Knight Cynthia
Kaguya
Orb Dragon

I wanted to start with shadow anyway so I'm thinking I should just stop here and begin building anything else I want.

3 loving Cerberus and a Tia lol

Take that reroll and godspeed

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wait what ranks don't decay at the end of seasons? :stonk: I'm still C1

Suddenly ranking up seems like a bad idea, would make some quests more annoying to do

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I only got a Gabriel but drat I'll never complain about free packs, I love these developers

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Even better is Cudgeling their Forte, bonus points if it was a topdeck

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Forestcraft [Mames] Follower 6pp Gold
【Before Evolve】5/5
Ward
Fanfare: If you have played 2 or more cards this turn, deal 2 damage to all enemies.

【After Evolve】7/7
Ward

wait what why is Forest getting even more nice poo poo

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh god that feel, drawing all the support cards, all the amulets and Garudas at the bottom of the deck.

Despair

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Now that I've managed to open 2 of those I have to ask, what's the best faction to run a deck around it? I know it's probably gonna be gimmicky as gently caress but I'm still curious

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The game is still really enjoyable at B rank, I keep seeing weird decks all the time. It's incredible how less salty I feel at this game than playing Hearthstone

At what rank do people stop having fun and only play meta decks?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So when starting to craft a decent Forestcraft deck which legendary do I give priority? I already have the Roaches and Elf Knights, and managed to open a Crystalia Tia and an Ancient Elf.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Elf it is then.

Also I'm forever a F2P pleb in all card games, it ain't gonna change now, even if Shadowverse is the most generous card game I've played so far :colbert:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

That Castle in the Sky looks pretty drat scary considering Otohime and Floral Fencer (and most Swordcraft cards really).

Then again maybe people will play more Amulet removal stuff after this expansion?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Eopia posted:

Does anyone have any tips for putting together decks in Take Two mode? I had a decent run with the swordcraft deck on my first try and a terrible one with Shadowcraft, but in both cases I had absolutely no idea what I was doing for the card picks.

I use this cheat sheet someone made on /vg/ when making picks http://imgur.com/a/Dpbmh

I don't even know if the scores are accurate but my winrate improved a lot anyway after I started using it, also don't just pick blind only on score, pay close attention to your mana curve

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Indecisive posted:

So we are getting 10 free expansion packs and ~1100 gold for new years, pretty sick

Is this gonna be a limited time thing or its gonna stay in the crate forever? Im away for my PC these days and its gonna feel bad missing out on free stuff

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hate-Senpai posted:

https://steam.shadowverse.com/news?announce_id=156

Sounds like just play before Jan 3rd noon and get the rupies?

Whew, gonna be back exactly Jan 2nd. Good enough for me

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Holy poo poo this new Aggro Blood deck is a monstrosity that needs to be purged :negative:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So how do I mulligan Daria Runecraft? I'm new to the deck and I don't know what cards are 100% keeps (besides Insight I guess), do I keep Fate's Hand or Daria no matter what? What changes between going first or second?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

As far as Storm Haven goes, am I supposed to replace my Heavenly Hounds with Luxwing Renos after this expansion?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Emalde posted:

I'm safe to melt the Gabriel legendary, yeah? I can't imagine any point at which I'd want to use a deck slot OR 7 cost on her.

I use the only one I got in my Tempo Elf deck, with so many fairies around it's safe that it Gabriel will hit something, and the effect is useful to do good trades or finish off a game

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Why bother ranking up anyway, just makes it harder to grind up them points for the rewards each month :v:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

This game's expansions are coming pretty fast! Did the developers say anything about implementing Standard in the future?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

owlcat

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Holy poo poo they really love forest huh

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh wait maybe it's to help out Forest in Take Two :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I managed to open a second Nephthys on the free log-in pack thing they're doing.

Is it worth it to craft the third one and make the Midrange Nephthys deck? Is it decent?

• Locked thread