Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

How's this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Another reroll result with 7 Legendaries, but I'm not really interested in playing dragoncraft. Archiving this account for now

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Oops didn't even see that.

I've recorded a macro now, so the rerolling process has been reduced to
start the macro-->come back a few minutes later-->open the packs-->clear the data-->repeat

I'll let that run a few more times, but if I don't get anything better, I'll start a shadowcraft deck with this then

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Sticking with this roll.

For anyone who doesn't want to bother rerolling, I have these starting rolls to give away:

1 - Ancient Elf, Sun Oracle Pascale, Gabriel, Enstatued Seraph, Dragonsong Flute, Queen Vampire, Skullfane

2 - 3x Dark Angel Olivia, Alexander, Erasmus

3 - 3x Dragonsong Flute (1 Animated), 2 x Enstatued Seraph, 1x Tsubaki, 1x Lord of the Flies

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Does this use a ticket? If not, that seems like a nice way to practice.

Also, we don't have any Friend-ID-collection yet, right?
My User ID is 282 932 699

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

vulturesrow posted:

I don't feel like rooting just to save rolls.

You can reroll in a rooted VM, and then use that account on your main device when you're done.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Reiterpallasch posted:

i really like how i magically transform from a 4-1 draft player to a 1-4 draft player the second the japanese players wake up

I don't think they sleep. I've only been seeing japanese players in D-Tier ranked matches when it was 4 AM there.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Twitter campaign

quote:

We will be giving away free Darkness Evolved card pack tickets based on the total number of Twitter followers on our official accounts, @shadowversegame and @shadowverse_jp, at 8 p.m., Nov 6 (PT).

– Total followers and free tickets given
300K followers: 1 ticket
400K followers: 2 tickets
500K followers: 3 tickets
600K followers: 4 tickets
700K followers: 5 tickets
800K followers: 6 tickets
900K followers: 7 tickets
1.0M followers: 8 tickets
1.1M followers: 9 tickets
1.2M followers: 10 tickets
1.3M followers: 11 tickets
1.4M followers: 12 tickets
1.5M followers: 13 tickets

Tickets will be sent to the crate of players who have cleared the tutorial and played before 8 a.m., Nov 30 (PT).

They're currently at 276(jp) + 15k (english) followers

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

The steam page is up now, saying it unlocks in 1 day and 12 hours

http://store.steampowered.com/app/453480

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Game-ai just showed off a blood deck that managed to get a 27 game win streak on master rank because it beats D-shift, Combo Elf and Storm Haven.
It only costs 6500 vials, needing only 5 golds and no legendaries. Expect to see this a lot in the near future.

http://game-ai.jp/shadowverse/kakyoin-dollar-akirashiki-face-vampire/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyHEgsXWsoI

edit: :siren: and the Steam release has been pushed back, it now unlocks in 21 hours :siren:

Tamba fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 26, 2016

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Steam release is out :dance:

It won't connect :shrug:

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Only 22? You should have gotten ~40 (split among the base game and the first expansion) right now

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Made it before the deadline :woop:

I don't even want to use that sleeve

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Terper posted:

I love being new to a card game and coming across super weird cards. Managed to clinch out a tough Take Two game with 2 HP left, and on the last turn my opponent played Alexander. Why would you even need to attack that many times?!

There's that Bone Chimera, that splits into two skeletons on death (and there may be other cards that do similar things?).
If you manage to get the whole board full of them (Probably with some Urd / Ceridwen / Resurrection shenanigans), then 14 is the exact number of attacks needed to clear the board: the 5 starting units, and 9 skeletons, because the first kill can only spawn one skeleton.

e: too slow, ZepiaEltnamOberon already got it. Yeah, Undead King would work as well

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Huh, there's a Rank Up Trial to get into the B ranks?

Made it on my first try, because Vampy-chan is the strongest :black101:

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Seems like the twitter campaign isn't going as well as they expected, so they've adjusted the numbers.

We're currently at 600k followers (combined) for 4 tickets, and every further 50k (instead of 100k) will get us another one.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

No, except for the mission that's specifically "Win a private match"

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

legoman727 posted:

EDIT: To make this post less bitching more content, is there a good Lord Atomy deck out there? I've got 3 of the old guy and kinda want to use him.

There's this one: https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...PnY.61PnY.61PnY

Source, with video: http://game-ai.jp/shadowverse/rizer-expression-king-of-mukuro-aguronekuro/

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

trucutru posted:

So, does this game rankings reset once a month or something like that?

Otherwise, why are there so many $$$ decks at D0? I mean, there is no way they could suck that much, right?

(Although I did beat a wallet warrior who used Otohime when I had 2 untargetable monsters on the field, so I just outraced his rear end. I bet he died with a hand full of legendaries).

No, the monthly score rewards reset (last tab in the mission screen), but the rankings don't.
There are good decks in D rank, because other people know about rerolling as well. There are also people who deliberately stay in the low ranks by conceding a bunch to make their dailies / monthly score grind easier.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I even managed to summon Atomy on Turn 4 once

Reiterpallasch posted:

Banner/Ohata Sword (3 Alwida)

Reiterpallasch posted:

A version of the deck based around Royal Banner and damage out of hand with Storm minions has largely displaced it these days. Phoneposting but look for a deck called Banner Swordcraft or Ohata Royal.

:eng101: It's really pronounced Mihata when talking about a banner, but Google Translate turns it into Ohata for some reason (probably because that's a surname?)

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

Do card packs open automatically? I seem to have gotten complete garbage if that's the case.

Also rerolling is just making new accounts until you open good stuff from packs? I guess I won't bother, that sounds like a lot of :effort:

You can't really miss the pack opening, so you probably haven't opened any of them. Go to the shop and buy packs with the tickets you have.

Yes, rerolling is exactly that.

edit:

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Jesus, how long have you been playing for? Then again, I'm pretty sure I blew 1600 gold earlier today on card packs...

I started playing 15 days ago (daily login reward just looped around), but I'm also sitting at 4300 gold. I didn't spend any on packs (because arena is almost always better if you have the time), but I did buy the Vampy-skin.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 6, 2016

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Lord Atomy :allears:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29356661

Summary:

Turn 1 Burial Grounds
Turn 2 Ghoul's Banquet, Skeleton Fighter, Atomy
Turn 3: Buff Atomy to 10, attack
Turn 4: Attack for lethal

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

The Twitter thing is over, everyone will be getting 5 packs sometime on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

so another newbie question, should i be focusing on buying the standard set of the expansion with my gold?

edit: focusing on forest if that changes anything

If you want to go all :science: about it, you can use this spreadsheet some guy on Reddit made
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ExJqcph6Giee2CFGlu9qAGtTQz7l0koiI5zvPZYxod4/edit#gid=877059207

It's showing that Standard packs would be more valuable for me when going for a full collection (because I already have most of the bronze/silver cards in Darkness), but Darkness packs have the higher value for the cards I care about.
Of course, you need to input your whole collection so prepare for some :effort:

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

If you set the right filters in the card manager, you can just write down the numbers without even looking at the card names, so it's not *that* bad.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Lord Ephraim posted:

Got two packs from dailies, got Prince of Darkness and Lucifer. What the hell, why is my luck this good? :psyduck:

What the heck does Prince of Darkness do? It said it replaces your deck with a 10 card deck but there's no data about what cards are in it. Is one of the cards "you win!"?

The apocalypse deck contains these cards:

3x 5 mana follower, 13/13
3x 6 mana follower, 8/8 with storm
3x 7 mana spell: deal 7 damage (to an enemy unit or leader), restore 7 hp to you
1x 10 mana spell: Set opponents HP to 1

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Sophism posted:

Also important to know, if you kill yourself during your turn, you are the one that loses. This is mostly relevant for simultaneous damage effects, like Demonic Storm. There's no actual way to draw as far as I know.

I lost a game against a Rune player, who killed me with the very last card in his deck, a Magic Missile (Deal 1 damage to an enemy. Draw a card). The card draw would have killed him, but in this case, the damage was evaluated first.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 10, 2016

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Lord Ephraim posted:

I don't know if it's a bug on the mobile client but sometimes I drag the card I want, the card to the right is pulled instead. It made me look retarded when I played Angelic Barrage into a forest field that was immune to spell cards.

That happens when you drag a card diagonally across an adjacent card you can play, so don't do that. Drag the cards straight up, or just right click them (needs to be enabled in the options)

Lord Ephraim posted:

BTW what's the fastest you can actually win a match? I won a match against a bloodcraft player turn five after he played 3 blood wolves when most of my early draws were quickbladers and novice troopers. We both went face when I drew another novice trooper to finish him off. I actually would have lost if I didn't top deck all those storm cards; there was only 5 HP left on myself.

Turn 4 is possible even without the enemy damaging themselves with this:

quote:

Turn 1 Burial Grounds
Turn 2 Ghoul's Banquet, Skeleton Fighter, Atomy
Turn 3: Buff Atomy to 10, attack
Turn 4: Attack for lethal

I don't think there's a way to win on turn 3, even with the opponent cooperating (damaging themselves, or buffing your units)

Tamba fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 10, 2016

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

trucutru posted:

You get ~100 vials per pack on average. Haven has top-tier decks that cost around 20,000 dust. So you'll need to disenchant 200 packs if you are extremely unlucky with your pulls. If you go and buy all those packs immediately (like a loving idiot) that'll be 400 dollars.

On the other hand, I have been playing for 2 weeks I already have a deck (banner sword) that could push me into masters if I gave any fucks about that for a grand total of $0. It's around 5,000 vials.

Really good aggro decks cost around 15k vials, while the control ones are 30k or so.

If you liquefy everything, 100 vials isn't the average, 120 is the minimum (7 bronze + 1 silver). The average, if you go by the official drop rates is ~470.

e:

Tamba fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 12, 2016

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Lord Ephraim posted:

Couldn't screenshot on my phone but got my first two legendary in one pack. It's a Cerberus and Aurelia!

However, I already own 3 of them. They could have thrown me a bone and make them at least animated. Oh well, 2000 free vials.

I'm contemplating liquifying my second Tsubaki, I don't see any swordcraft deck where I might need two.

Working with shadowcraft , I feel like it's really weak. An aggro deck using Cerberus + Phantom Howl 9 instant face damage but it runs out of gas past turn 7. I can't SMOrc early since everyone runs the dancing unicorn girl. What cards can I add to give it some steam later in the game? Mordecai is too slow.

Cursed Soldier does 4 face damage for 4 Shadows

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/798436366400925696

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

The japanese twitter announcement confirms that it's just replacing the standard pack reward.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Sophism posted:

Forest is pure cancer.

Speaking of cancer decks...after getting my Shadow to lvl 100, I switched to the enemy side and made an Elena-Seraph deck.

Playing this in B rank just feels unfair.

Glory Be!

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Instead of banishing amulets, I'd like to see cards that increase the countdown. Shadow and Blood could probably run those for their own amulets even without Haven around.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

You can't lose letter ranks. only the number divisions inside those ranks.
Ranks don't reset every month, but the score rewards do.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

You can't drop back down to a lower letter rank.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

(Maintenance extended by 2 hours)

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

General Morden posted:

enstatued seraph is terrifying to deal with as a beginner

actually i'm wondering why amulet destruction cards don't really come with the base set of cards for new players

Because destroying a seraph is something you'll only do once.

e:too slow

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Sophism posted:

So the next expansion is apparently going to be called "Rise of Bahamut" and we'll get some card spoilers revealed in the next issue of Famitsu.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201611/29121601.html

It's too small to make out for sure, but it's possible that Elana's cost has been increased to 5.

e: the link below says the cards in the Famitsu article are unchanged

Tamba fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Why is every player that thinks it's super cute to sandbag their rank and run the newbie flair from Japan

Because 90% of the player base is from japan

• Locked thread