Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I did a bunch of rerolling before losing all my standards and telling myself I'd settle for anything that gave me a Forte or a Tsubaki, so the game gave me a Forte and an Olivia, among other stuff (Lord of the Flies, Soul Dealer, Gabriel, Fairy Princess, shiny Moon, and I pulled a Rose Queen yesterday), so I've been playing around with Dragoncraft.

I'm digging being able to deal damage to followers with the effects of my own followers but my deck feels pretty unorganized at the moment between that and discard mechanics.

I have not been able to pull off a Forte -> Evolve -> Gabriel combo yet cause everyone has spells to kill Forte in one turn.

I do think I'm getting a better hang of the game, but it feels like getting a pack takes quite a long time, especially since I prefer opening a buncha packs over opening one pack at a time.

Is it like that in Hearthstone too?

I'm also stuck way too much in some sorta obsessive mentality, where instead of taking a win that's right in front of me I choose to deliberately delay until I can get a key card out so I can win the way I want, like some goddamn Yu-Gi-Oh! villain. It hasn't done me much favors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Minus1Minus1 posted:

Starting up with this, but it looks like the post-tutorial reward is just 15 packs rather than 25, so I've been looking at just 1-3 legendarios per re-roll. Am I missing something, or has the reward been scaled-back a bit?

Shouldn't you be getting 15 Standard Packs and 15 Darkness Packs?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I managed to go 5-0 in my first Take Two (granted 1 was via disconnect) and I'm 1-0 so far on my second Take Two.

But I still lose to AI.

On the flip side, I decided to try out Havencraft cause I had Moon, found it a ton of fun, and then I pulled a second Moon, so I guess I'm going Havencraft instead?

For Havencraft, should I be buying Darkness instead of Standard if I want the cool Amulets? Or should I just buy 'em with Vials?

Also I got Rose Queen and Fairy Princess who look like they could be a neat combo but on the other hand setting up that combo would be a major pain in the rear end.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo I barely won with a deck using the Fairy Princess + Rose Queen combo and it was unintentional.

My field kept getting wiped out because of the 1 damage to all followers Dragon spell and I had no followers left on the field, but I had exactly the right amount of Rose Thorns after playing Rose Queen that I was able to win the next turn.

I didn't even realize I had enough damage; I was thinking about quitting or using a Rose Thorn on a 3 HP follower to survive another turn but in the end I just gave up and decided to use them on the enemy leader as a final show of resistance, only to realize by the second Rose Thorn that I actually had enough damage.

I'm so goddamn lucky I didn't play any card cause I would have died if I hadn't won that turn.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This game's been really kind to me Haven-wise, but I still don't have a single Swordcraft Legendary.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zoness posted:

5-0 shadowcraft on the back of triple zombie + archangel reina combo :laffo:

also storm haven is really good and you already have 3 moons

Since I have 3 Moons, should I be using Vials to get the Silvers and Bronzes I don't have (extra copies of Sacred Plea, etc.), or should I be trying to get Golds?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Speaking of Earth Rite for some monumentally stupid reason I thought Runecraft was silly because you had to rely on like 3 followers to have Earth Sigils up.

Then I realized some of the Runecraft amulets WERE Earth Sigils as I got my rear end handed to me by a Runecraft deck in Take Two.

Bottom line is I sorta regret throwing away my save with Sun Oracle.

EDIT: Like, I was wondering why the dude played a Price of Magic when there was no target, and thought, sweet, that dude wasted a space and why is it an amulet in the first place?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

I love being new to a card game and coming across super weird cards. Managed to clinch out a tough Take Two game with 2 HP left, and on the last turn my opponent played Alexander. Why would you even need to attack that many times?!

It seems like it's meant to help you clear the board, especially against stuff like Shadowverse which drops skeletons and zombies when followers die.

Or if you summon Alexander and then Athena next turn, you could wipe out the other team's board while Alexander remains untouched.

I think Alexander wasn't supposed to have a limit to his attacks, but Alexander + Athena vs Mordecai becomes an infinite loop as a result, so presumably the 14 was tacked on to curb that.

Not really sure why it's exactly 14 though, and not 15, since that's how many times Alexander would have to attack in the extremely theoretical scenario that he goes up against a mixtures of Bone Chimeras + Undead King.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zoness posted:

it's 14 because the first bone chimera you kill can only spawn one thing.

Oh right. Brain fart.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

I personally love Haven in Take Two. Sometimes, it just works.

Doesn't look like it worked out for 1 Havencraft player though!!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Desire sensor doing some loving work cause I just got Sun Oracle from my Daily Deal.

Also an Odin.

Also 2 Golds but it's Sun Oracle I'm really hyped about.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't run into anything tough, won all my Ranked matches, which was a grand total of 4.

Thanks Havencraft and also my no Legendary Swordcraft deck.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

trucutru posted:

Wow, it seems like even pieces of wood and cloth can be the commander of men nowadays. Thanks.

All men are beholden to the true commander - money.

Looking through the decklists has me really wanting to try stuff like Dragon Satan or Rune PtP cause they seem super interesting.

The game loves giving me repeats, I have 3 Moons and 3 Fortes now...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm slowly learning to use Evolutions as more than just reactionary tools to the enemy's evolution.

It's also funny how I'm fighting against people who ram their 1 Attack followers into my Temple Defender without being aware of her ability.

It's the kind of poo poo that the AI does.

At least they don't ram a second one after their first mistake.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I loving hate playing as Runecraft, the last chapter of story mode was a pain in the rear end with my half-assed deck.

I finally managed to win because the Dragoncraft dude didn't set anything for 3 turns and I got really lucky with my draws.

But even then it was a chore and only possible due to having Olivia to give me more evolution points and the AI running out of cards.

I had a massive grudge against the AI so I chose to play Satan instead of ending, destroyed every loving card he played, used 2 Dises to heal myself back, and got him down to 1 HP before hitting him with the 13 ATK follower for overkill.

I might have won that final battle, but in the end, nobody really won this war.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

inthesto posted:

I've been offered Lord of the Flies in all three of my drafts so far :pwn:

Yeah, every time I go Shadow in Take Two there's always a Lord of the Flies, never any Cerb.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Golden Battler posted:

So uh

I've been stuck here for half an hour without anything happening. I could quit out of the game I guess, but I don't know if that would count as a loss or not. Anyone know what I should do?

My advice is don't let the terrorists win; ride it out.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lord Ephraim posted:

They really want me to play Sword. Just from 20 or so initial packs and buying ones from the gold you get from beating the elite AI I have 3x Otohime, 3x Aurelia, and one Alexander. I really wanted to play Blood or Shadow. Sword just doesn't have enough maid cards. :(

Doesn't Sword still have more maid cards than any other craft even with its grand total of like, 3 maids?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My 5 packs were poo poo, I think I got like 1 or 2 Golds, no Legendaries.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

I will admit to being the 3rd type of player. The only thing I don't have is Elana, but otherwise, I do all the rest. Also Garudas all day and every day.

gently caress your wards.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zoness posted:

Skullfane, Rune Legendaries that aren't Merlin, and Soul Dealer come to mind.

Pluto also looks pretty mad mediocre outside of take two, and dragonsong flute :lol:.

Dragonsong seems so much fun though!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Yes, that is a thing I do with haven.

It's a terrible thing to do and gently caress Cleric Lancer.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Positives imo:
-It's anime :shittypop:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Does Commence Experiment exist for the sole purpose of trying to get people to play a Spellboost / Earth Rite hybrid given that you could just throw up a wall with Scrap Iron Smelter instead and get the same amount of Shadows.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My memory is hazy and I don't own Ceridwen on my current account so could someone tell me if she works like Urd in that she doesn't trigger Fanfare, or if she does?

I think I vaguely remember using her to bring back Lord of the Flies and got a Fanfare summon but it's been so long since I played Shadowcraft that I don't remember.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Golden Battler posted:

She doesn't, but Lord of Flies triggers at the start of every turn which is probably how you got confused.

e: Also you're Zep right? I always get confused by name changes

Ah, that's sort of a bummer. Guess it would have been too powerful if it worked with Fanfare too.

I'm tempted to make Shadowcraft my secondary archetype because I really like the Last Word mechanics, plus Urd works well with Forte so she could work on my lovely Dragoncraft deck as well, but having no Cerbs hurts a lot.

And yes, I'm Zep. Ex Mod Seafood changed my name as a prank before he stepped down. I can message FAU to get it changed back but eh. If anything, you can tell who I am by my unique gangtag.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When are the premade decks coming out?

Sorta thinking about buying the Shadowcraft one.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

frajaq posted:

Is this gonna be a limited time thing or its gonna stay in the crate forever? Im away for my PC these days and its gonna feel bad missing out on free stuff

https://steam.shadowverse.com/news?announce_id=156

quote:

Ring in the new year with Shadowverse! To celebrate the coming of 2017, we're giving out rupies once a day between noon, Dec 30—noon, Jan 3, 2017 (PT).

The bonuses are as follows:

1st day: 500 rupies
2nd day: 200 rupies
3rd day: 200 rupies
4th day: 200 rupies

Everyone who finishes the tutorial and plays the game before noon, Jan 3 (PT) can pick up the rupies from their crate.

Thank you for helping us to make Shadowverse the best game it can be. We look forward to creating an even better gaming experience with you in 2017!

Shadowverse Team

Sounds like just play before Jan 3rd noon and get the rupies?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

No Wave posted:

They're all ridiculously good deals... assuming you have most of the legendaries you want you only need to get one legendary (or even two golds) that you'd otherwise craft out of a 500 crystal precon to make it a better deal than the daily deal even if you vial the rest of the deck

Definitely doing blood, likely doing rune, probably doing sword and forest, we'll see if I'll really do shadow just for two golds but I think my math checks out

I'm thinking of buying 2, and I bought the Christmas Special Crystals for that purpose, and once the decks hit I'll buy the rest of the 900 crystals I need. I don't know if I wanna spend money buying a third deck though.

Can't you only buy 3 decks?

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/shadowverse-prebuilt-decks

quote:

Prebuilt decks are recommended for beginners or players who don't have access to a variety of cards. Decks currently contain cards from and up to the expansion pack "Darkness Evolved".

Release Date: December, 29th

Prices. (Each player can purchase up to 3 times)

First purchase
500 - Crystals
Second purchase
750 - Crystals
Up to Third purchase
750 - Crystals
Total of 2000 Crystals for 3 purchases

EDIT: OH wait that also lists the release date, silly me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That... makes a lot more sense than the way I construed it.

Your interpretation is probably right.

Silly me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell yes, 2 Nephthys!.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, it's not scripted, and a Baha isn't worth a SSR Nana Abe anyways, because you can't idolize Baha.

It's called Bahamut not Bahaidols.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Clarste posted:

Nephthys is under maintenance and can't be used yet, unfortunately.

Kill me now, friends, before I work up the desire to live again.

Total of 5 Legendaries from 22 packs.

First 10: 2 Neps, 1 Albert, 1 Haven Amulet Destroyer Thing
Next 5: 1 Haven Amulet Destroyer Thing
Next 7: 0

But Nep's all I wanted, so it's okay.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Super No Vacancy posted:

Bahamut was the only legendary i got lol blew it all on the first card

If you were playing Granblue you would have won a ticket to Edgelord Kingdom with a Baha pull but alas, you're playing Shadowverse, which is far less anime.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nep looks super fun and I'm excited to come back and play Shadowverse again.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Clarste posted:

Maybe this is me having a weird reaction to randomness, but I hate the very thought of a dud Nep. IE: 5/5 with ward + draw a card, or deal 1 damage to an enemy board that doesn't care, or anything that doesn't summon Mordecai really. I mean, if you don't know what you're getting when you play it, it's never actually going to be your best play on turn 8. I don't want to gamble with victory, so I made my deck with exactly four cost tiers of followers, and the 7 and 8 slots are reserved for Khawy and Mordecai. So at the very least I can guarantee those 2 effects, 100% of the time. The lower two tiers, 2 and 4, are filled with generally good followers, regardless of whether or not they have Last Word effects or Last Word synergy. If that happens it's a bonus, but I would never rely on it.

I don't know if that's a good plan or not, but that's my Nep philosophy.

That's probably a better plan than my throw everything in strategy that's gotten me 0-3 in the C tier.

EDIT: My Dragon Deck has gotten me demoted from C2 to C1.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 6, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's called Yu-Gi-Oh! Villain Syndrome and I suffer from it too.

It's not a victory unless it's the victory you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shark Tower posted:

That feel when the pack you open drops 1 silver and the rest bronze :sigh:

Ah, minimum wage.

• Locked thread