Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

If I've already started, and linked my account with Steam, is it too late to reroll or is it possible to somehow delete the game from Steam and link a new account to it?

So far, from playing all the stories and opening packs, I've gotten the following:

2 Imperial Dragoon
Fairy Princess
Forte
Pluto
Tsubaki
Sun Oracle Pascale

Is this worth keeping at this point and/or is it possible for me to keep the progress here by relinking to my facebook if I reroll and don't get what I want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Is the advice to go til you have 6 legendaries with some on the list of "good ones" still the amount to shoot for, or is it more now that we have 38 packs to play with?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

My best two sets are...

or

Edit: Just got

Yukari fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 26, 2017

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

So, when I finally pick out which set of cards I want to use, do I just link the android account to my facebook, and it'll blow away my old data on steam/Iphone, or do I have to redownload the app/game on those platforms to wipe the data?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

I'll try testing it and see what happens with a dummy list. Also, when they nerfed cards in the past, did they actually let you vial them for the full value of the card?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Yukari posted:

I'll try testing it and see what happens with a dummy list. Also, when they nerfed cards in the past, did they actually let you vial them for the full value of the card?

It was super easy. Use Android to link to a facebook account, unlinking an old account if necessary. Then use IPhone/Steam and do the device link and/or account link and just overwrite old data.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Btw, in the OP, what's RIP about Sea Queen Otohime and Playful Necromancer? Are they just not good anymore?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

What deck type should I make first? Still finishing the story on some characters, so I still have some packs coming in, but current legendaries are...

Albert, Levin Saber
Sahaquiel
Dark Angel Olivia
Prince of Darkness
Bahamut
Daria, Dimensional Witch
2x White Wolf of Eldwood
Fairy Princess

Since I have so many neutrals, I don't know what craft to base my deck around.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

For newer players, should they just focus on getting any new packs, and hope for the right legendaries to fill out their decks?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Down in Beginner Land, Blood Aggro has been hilarious to use. When do people get better at dealing with aggro strats?

Also, when did RoB drop? Wondering when we can expect Daria nerfs and/or a new set.

Yukari fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 2, 2017

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

After getting the quick Rupies from achievements, and score, is the only available source for rupies/packs the daily missions and login bonuses?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Well, in that case, the issue is that she is 1 card that lets you immediately draw a bunch of cards, while also being a body while also letting you do it for super cheap (because you spellboosted the poo poo out of her) while also boosting the cards in hand by a significant margin. She kinda glues the deck together, so to speak.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

If I've bought enough bahamut packs so that I've basically gotten all the silvers/bronze cards from it, should I continue buying those packs because the legendaries are all really good in it (maybe sans one or two exceptions), or should I buy other packs to work on their silvers/bronzes? Looking at my current collection, I need a bunch more common cards from the standard pack, which means the chances that I get what I want from it isn't exactly the highest because of the number of cards in it. And a lot of the cards in DE didn't look that great, aside from a couple of standouts. What cards were even good in that set?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Hmm... The thing I'm wondering is that, if you only want specific rares/legs from standard, is it still worth buying those packs, as the chance of getting a crappy leg is more possible than with RoB packs.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Right now, in RoB, it's..

Baha, Saha, Albert, Daria, Neph, Matriarch probably usable in most decks. Imp Dragoon, Eidolon and White Wolf are all okay though and can be used in some decks. Especially if you're planning on building neutral ramp, you need multiples of Baha/Saha at least.

In DE, Olivia, Odin, Tia, BM, Seraph. Flute, Fly, Pascale, Alex are just there.

in Standard, what's your chances of whiffing if you pulled a random legendary? 12/24?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

I'm pretty sure you can reroll even if you've started on Steam. You just have to go to leapdroid and then do the rerolling there. And then you link it to your steam account and blow away your current data (on steam).

Friend is having a really weird issue though. She's trying to link her steam account to an iOS device, and she already linked the device to Game Center. When she tries to link it to Facebook, it says "Account is already linked" and errors out. Anyone have this issue before?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

How do each of the pre-cons weigh against eachother in terms of cards obtained from them?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

What expensive cards do I absolutely require before I can play discard dragon? I just got 2 Imperial Dragoons over the weekend, one of which was animated.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

lil baby anime posted:

tfw you run out of resources right when you're about to make your opponent kill themselves

I petrified two seraphs back to back, got a servant of darkness and then went for the concede victory to avoid themis. I dunno if it was just her being rude or just recognizing the glory of honourable combat, but she traded the bird to kill my ward and killed my veteran with the tiger. Left me with 1 hp. I'll take it.

Oh yeah I forgot. I had no reason to play anything so neither of us played any cards at all until an ancient lion on 5 followed by my scrap & remi. Got hit with the first themis and then again nothing until seraph at 8. Funniest game I've played in a while

I don't get what's going on in this. Are you saying that she ran out of resources right before making you kill yourself?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

No Wave posted:

Opponent missed obvious lethal the turn before they fatigued

I guess the alternate question is, how do they lose even if they didn't lethal that turn? Or is their deck empty or something?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Oh. That's the card that appears if you deck out? Nice to know.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

How often do they do special crystal deals? I heard of one for new years but I wasn't playing then.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

:negative: 1 liquidatable gold and all silvers/bronzes otherwise. Oh well.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Is the survey still doable?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

I've been rerolling for a bit. I was really hoping for an account with two of a key legendary, but I think the odds are a bit too low for that. These are the best two accounts I've gotten so far. Are either worth sticking with?

(1) Daria Dimensional Witch, Dark Dragoon Forte, Bahamut, Gabriel, Odin, Bloody Mary, Sea Queen Otohime, Lord Atomy, Imperial Dragoon.
(2) Ancient Elf, Albert Levin Saber, Dark Angel Olivia, Sahaquiel, Tsubaki, Nephthys, Fairy Princess (A), Soul Dealer (A), Beast Dominator, Imperial Dragoon.

Note: (A) means that the card is animated. I don't know whether (like Hearthstone) you get more for liquefying an animated card, so it may not matter.

You do get more for it. And both of them look pretty good, but I'm not the best judge of what to take.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Clarste posted:

What were those 7 free packs for? Maybe they rolled the survey rewards into that?

7 million downloads total.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

trucutru posted:

In other news, since nobody is playing it anymore I switched to aggro blood. Sure, it may not win as much as before but the rage-quits are hilarious. The wraith, Yurius, Veight "sylvan or die" opener against roach has gotten me concedes on turn 3. Also, if the other dude is at 3 hp and you "a worthy opponent" them, you can totally bluff a concede.

I'm going to have to borrow this idea, especially since I play Aggro Blood. Does it still work in AA rank? Friend was complaining that she couldn't climb with it.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

trucutru posted:

That's pretty old and one of the three common varieties of roach. Only really useful if you expect a shitload of people teching against the more typical roach archetypes. The aggro version (angelic snipe, no Tias) is still the best one to climb since you consistently kill at 7.

And it's pretty obvious by now that Cygames is of the Heartstone school of digital card game balance and they won't nerf anything unless there is a deck that has some ridiculous win percentage across the board. Daria has a 90% presence in tournament decks and they don't give a poo poo as long as she doesn't win more that 60% of the time.

You'd go full aggro over midrange with Tias even if you had 3 copies of Tia due to getting 3 copies of the precon? I started playing Roach 2 days ago, and it's... really stupidly good.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

For getting emblems from legendary cards, is the only way to get them via actually pulling the card in a pack? Aka crafting a card doesn't get you the legendary emblem in question, right or wrong?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Are there any good placeholders for Lucifer/Odin in Dragoncraft Ramp? I don't have any of those but I have 2 Sahaquiels, 2 Bahamuts, Forte, and DAO.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Well, how hard does that hit roach? Does it just make it less consistent?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Eej posted:

The main thing that the Minigobbu nerf hits is OTK Roach. All the other Roach decks will work fine but they are obviously not as gross as the combo variant.

Guess we'll have to go to playing the midrange/control Roach decks then instead or something.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

Of course, since I just started and picked OTK roach as my first deck over Daria, roach is the one that gets nerfed harder. RIP. I don't have anything else to play.

Didn't you buy the precon deck multiple times? If so, you should be okay because you have the components to make some of the slower roach decks, I think.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Worst case, it rams something that's weakened while killing itself, and it has rush so it lets you do it without evo points.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Granblue Fantasy Event is live now.

It's 3 wins with a craft for the emblem and 6 for the sleeve. 10/20 for Bahamut, and Olivia is login for 5 days for sleeve. I wonder if the login bonus will loop or if it's just the 5 days.

trucutru posted:

JP freemium games have a philosophy of only nerfing stuff if it is absolutely necessary, because they are extremely whale-dependent and pissing even a small percentage of them off means a lot of money lost. So, no touching the waifus (like Daria) if possible. The dudes who spend 2,000 dollars each month chasing golden Fortes or whatever have different priorities and they are the ones that pay the bills.

You think they're never going to dial her down, even when the next expansion hits? I've got 4 copies of her and I'm basically holding off on dusting her because I'm expecting a nerf of some manner eventually.

Yukari fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 22, 2017

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Yukari posted:

Granblue Fantasy Event is live now.

It's 3 wins with a craft for the emblem and 6 for the sleeve. 10/20 for Bahamut, and Olivia is login for 5 days for sleeve. I wonder if the login bonus will loop or if it's just the 5 days.

Addendum to this. It's 3 wins, and 6 more for the sleeve, so 9 total.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

How long do we have until they do changes to nerf goblin mage?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

So what deck would you be laddering with now?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

What does the tempo forest list look like? The only thing I've seen is roach based combo decks, and I wouldn't trust doing that when you whiff goblins now. I do have a Daria deck and it performs basically about the same as before, except that you can't do the totally insane play when going second.... except that you STILL have the crimson sorcery in hand and can still dump it on peoples faces next turn anyways, but I really don't like using it because it's so boring to play unlike roaches was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

trucutru posted:

Lots of fairy generation (water fairy, circle, fairy whisperer) to flood the board, Liza to protect your fairies, and Cynthia (plus wind god in some decks) to make your fairies hit hard. Then the stuff that is always there: roaches, tia, ancient elf, princess mage, sylvan. Finally you add some flavor with stuff like the wolf+bolt, DoD, or will of the forest, etc.

So something like this? I got this list from a friend for doing the story, but idk if it was an actual comp deck.

• Locked thread