Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

This is the Neph deck I've been experimenting with.

The 2-drop slot is very fluid in terms of followers. You can switch Sexton for Unica if you aren't seeing a lot of banishes in ladder. Lyrial or Dark Conjurer are both solid options as well. If you feel like you need more/less draw, changing the Bellringer/Skullcradle ratio is fine, although I would personally never run less than 3 total Last Words draw engines.

I'm also a fan of cutting out one Sexton and both Balors, then replacing them with Spartoi Soldiers for more reliable ward spam and shadow generation. Balor has the nasty habit of ruining the Neph + Khawy combo, or ends up sitting in your hand the whole game. It all depends on whether Foul Tempest is enough board clear for your needs or not.

Your goal is to hit 6 shadows ASAP, so you can fuel Foul Tempest and Death's Breath. That said, there will be plenty of times where you'll need to burn 1 shadow with Undying Resentment or just Foul Tempest for 1 damage to clear a Forest's board. Turn 7 is usually when you can tell if you stabilized in time. By then it tends to snowball in your favor pretty fast.

Outside of being rushed down by the faster decks getting god hands, DShift and Seraph will usually combo you off before you can finish them, although in DShift's case, you can abuse Soul Conversion to leave them without targets. Ramp Dragon and Control Blood can outvalue your late game if they draw all of their heavy-hitters. (Losing to triple Temptress Vampire can be aggravating to say the least.)

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/5nohrc/next_batch_of_leaders_revealed_feb_2017_release/

Welp, time to start saving rupies. The only one I don't care about is Maahes.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Awesome! posted:

at this point there has been no mention of these from an official source that ive seen so dont get too excited yet

Yeah, was just about to say that I checked both Twitter accounts and no mention of this, so yeah.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

A lot of the card art suffers from a ridiculous case of Escher girls. Goblinbreaker Teena is actually distracting in how broken her spine is.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Of all the collabs that would fit in. Fire Emblem, Fate, etc. They chose to go with Street Fighter.

It looks completely out of place. Ugh.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 12, 2017

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Apparently the next Shadowverse expansion is called Tempest of the Gods.

No cards leaked yet.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

And Wind 'Reader' is almost guaranteed to be Wind Rider.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

This is the embodiment of their design philosophy of "most games should be over by turn 9"~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Clarste posted:

Edit: It specifically says "deal damage to your leader until", not "deal X damage where X is your Defense- 10. Which implies to me that it keeps hitting you repeatedly for 1 or something, and is very similar to how the Deepwood Anomaly is worded. Then again, Wildfang Dragonewt + Dragonclaw Pendant didn't work out, so I guess the wording isn't the final word on how things work.

Wildfang Dragonewt was known to deal its total damage in one hit since Darkness Evolved, so it was clear it was going to be discard value + 1. She just works better with more granular discards with that combo. (Well, "better" since the combo isn't that reliable.)

• Locked thread