Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm just opening a new account and I re-rolled:

2x Crystalia Tia
1x Moon Al mi'raj
1x Sun Oracle Pascale
1x Lord of the Flies
1x Mithril Golem

Given that 35 packs are different from the 25 in the OP was wondering if this was a decent outcome. (I can't figure out how to save the XML)

Forestcraft is 100% the class I'm most interested in because it seems like a well-made version of Rogue in HS, and I also got three Elf Girl Lizas so I'm probably going to stick with this

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Indecisive posted:

You could do better if you tried longer probably but 2 Tia is definitely a good start for a forest deck, you'll want ancient elves too but those are in the base set which you get less free packs of do getting both is pretty unlikely I think.

Got to try Prince of darkness in arena, man that thing is like golden monkey on steroids. Only saw a few cards but 5 mana 13/13s end the game pretty quick
Yeah this was my first re-roll and I said gently caress it. Forestcraft seems to have been an ambitious choice though given how expensive some of the core cards are, we'll see how it goes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I will say the extent to which I'm seeing full-on 30k control netdecks (with emoting and BM) at beginner 2 is at least familiar.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 27, 2016

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I played take two twice. After stunningly winning with forestcraft in my very first arena game against swordcraft, I lost the next four.

For the next one, I drafted runecraft having never played it before and during my first game I realized playing story mode first might have been a better idea after I filled my board with five earth rites

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 28, 2016

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Somehow got an animated ancient elf and a rhinoceroach in the same pack. The shadowverse gods have blessed my tempo forestcraft dreams. So I'm 2 legendaries, 2 golds off of having the cheapest version of the whole thing, which is kind of crazy given that I've only crafted one gold card towards it so far.

My concern is the way that unranked works - apparently it's fairly unsophisticated and it only pairs you against people in your rank? It makes it tough to choose how you want to approach having one amazing deck and a bunch of mediocre ones.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 29, 2016

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I should stream this game. I'm not anything special but after looking at Twitch, neither are the people streaming it. It is Dunning Krueger land out there. People are so supremely confident about what they're facing and that they're doing the right move and that their opponents are idiots and they just get owned for it again and again.

"Why'd that idiot evolve Bellringer instead of Aurelia?!" Probably because he had to clear your 6/1 and it'd be nicer to have a 7/6 hexproof instead of a 9/2 and 0/2 against the four remaining fairies, dude.

"Whoa! Altered Fate. Is this guy a Purgatory deck? ..... Naah he's just building shadows for necromancy." If the Spartoi that makes shadows at end of turn wasn't enough of a clue, surely Altered Fate would be. But gj trading your whole board into range of his Purgatory for the next turn.

And just watched a guy dunk Tia's friend into the void by playing her in the 5 slot.
The Shadowverse streamers are really freaking weird too. I had no idea what normals HS streamers were until now.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

A few random questions:

How hard is it to reach Master in Shadowverse vs Legend in HS?
What happens when a card is nerfed? Do you get full vial value?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

trucutru posted:

Because he's good and easy to dislike. Most of the people watching his stream are there in part to see him fail, and when he does he delivers the salt.

Like, his whole shtick is that the good plays he does are him playing well when the good plays everybody else do is them just being loving lucky by having all the answers always in their hand or top decking them. He's constantly whining (sometimes he's just pretending, sometimes he's truly infuriated) and people love to rub it in his face.

Also, he plays mostly arena and plays a shitload so he does encounter some incredibly ridiculous plays that completely wreck him very often.
He's fun to watch because he somehow really seems to want to win even after tens of thousands of games. He's also really good at communicating the way he's feeling to the stream without explaining it. And even when he gets salty he's almost never uncomfortably angry about it like Reynad or something, it's actually really carefully calibrated to be comfortable to watch.

I didn't really get it at all the first few times I saw him, but there's a reason he's the most popular streamer by about a mile (and for a game mode that's really unpopular otherwise).

Also, just beat all the Elite AIs in one go with an imcomplete tempo forestcraft (still running Tam Lins because I only have one Ancient Elf for example) - the one exception was Runecraft, who I beat with Havencraft first try. Pretty easy 14 packs.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Running that death ward thing is nice against broken aria (at least in dumpster)

Tempo forest seems totally broken also, Tia and the rhinoceroach make it a combo deck as well as a mid-range deck that can handle too many different archetypes, and ancient elf ensures it doesn't run out of steam

It can screw the opponent over from almost any position

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I can't really speak to that, right now I'm looping tia in D0 unranked and I should probably stop

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tia, Ancient Elf, Cynthia, and Rhinoroach are all insane so they'd have to nerf a lot to make it unplayable

My amateur guess js that a rhinoroach nerf would take it well out of tier 1 tho

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Clarste posted:

The Japanese players seem relatively polite to me. No emote spamming or turn stalling or anything.

While I personally want them to buff all the decks I play and nerf all the ones I don't, I do think more efficient Amulet removal would go a long way towards balancing Elana. I've also speculated that a cheap card with Enhance: Destroy an Amulet might be added, because honestly a lot of biggest problem decks right now are based around powerful amulets (Elana's, Banner, and Path to Purgatory kinda-sorta), yet apparently it's still not worth it to include Amulet removal tech in most decks. To me, that says that existing Amulet removal is almost ridiculously overcosted in cards like Carnivorous Flower and Dragonrider Devil. Which I'll forgive you for not recognizing because they are never, ever played.

The only Amulet removal cards that do see play are the ones that double as relatively inefficient removal against followers, but not every archetype can make use of that.
Isn't the real problem card beastcall aria? I'd rather they didn't render any amulet over 3 mana useless

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

trucutru posted:

Again, the approach is different. 8 cards instead of 5 is nice but then you could argue that running 3 copies of a card instead of 2 in your (larger) deck balance this out. The point is that Shadowverse tries to make pretty much all its money from a very small group of whales, like all JP waifu games, and offers all the free poo poo in hopes of getting more whales to wander in.

Heartstone OTOH doesn't really want you around unless you drop some twenty bucks every 4 months or so.
Yeah Shadowverse both gives you about twice as many daily rupees on average AND those rupees are about twice as valuable in terms of how many cards you get and their rarities. Each dollar spent on HS speeds you along about 4x faster than f2p speed in terms of collection progression than each dollar spent on Shadowverse (outside of the daily deal) assuming that you're just doing your quests in both, because normal f2p in Hearthstone is unbelievably slow

That said doing all your quests in SV takes a lot more commitment because you can't queue quests from different days.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 2, 2016

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My take 2 record so far:

first time: 1-4 forestcraft
second time: 0-5 runecraft (retired after first game realizing I'd drafted mostly earth sigils)
third time: 5-0 swordcraft featuring Tsubaki, Wind God, and ambush cheese

This included facing dark angel olivia twice. The real unfair part of swordcraft is that avant blader thing imo.

Also why is Mentor's teachings not used in constructed? Seems like a great card. Does swordcraft have card draw that's even more efficient?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

trucutru posted:

Avant blader is good but it is nothing compared to the Floral Fencer and OTOHIME SAMA I WILL DESTROY THEIR EARDRUMS!
Otohime I can obviously see why she might be even more busted than Tia, but floral doesn't seem that much better than Cudgel/Wardrobe Raider/Dragon Warrior. On-curve, yeah, floral is better, but off-curve the others seem comparable. Once I play more I'll probably understand the fencer thing more.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

trucutru posted:

The thing about the fencer is that produces 3 officers, which can be pumped by your commanders the next turn, creating all kinds of awkward trades and being difficult to remove. Floral Fencer is better first, to help you snowball, and much worse than Avant if you cannot evolve her. Sword tends to have the board in the early game (or go second and have the floral get i) and that makes florals really shine, since they cannot drop and 2-for-1 enemies in a single turn like most of the others do.

Like, if you drop and evolve 2 florals in a row, it is really difficult to deal with all that crap outside AOE, and you cannot ignore it because next comes an rear end in a top hat commander.
Got it. I haven't played much swordcraft outside of newbie decks so I wasn't thinking of the commander synergy.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Is everyone in arena a bot? Almost all of my opponents play really fast and evolve on 4/5/6 or 5/6 like clockwork even when there might be a better play later.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

In aggressive decks yeah but I'm talking in the more general sense. Beatdown vs. Control in terms of which role you're put into in the match, regardless of what your archetype is. You might be the beatdown in a Take Two match but you're still probably playing a tempo oriented pile of whatever you could put together just like your opponent. In those situations I still see so many people pop evolves just to force damage and get punished for it. Force that extra 2 damage now and get punished when a Themis or Fafnir or Death's Breath or something leaves you on the back foot.

Unrelated: I hit A2 today!
This was my perspective as well... I see people evolve while they're ahead in take two more often than not, and while it's correct to do so sometimes, usually it seems like you shouldn't.

Last draft had a Prince of Darkness who cheesed two of my four wins... The second was completely criminal (Astaroth into the 7 damage spell)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't really "get" Shadowcraft or how you're supposed to play it. It seems like they only have three really good cards (Death's Breath, Phantom Howl, and Cerberus) and you just sort of muddle around and hope Cerberus gives you enough reach to finish the game.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Indecisive posted:

Blood is kinda like hunter in hearthstone, you could make a janky control deck but its really about hitting the opponent in the face and using beast (bat) synergy cards for extra value. definitely my goto deck when i want some fast and braindead wins
I like face dragoncraft for that right now

Although 3x forte is absolutely mandatory

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lutha Mahtin posted:

First time newbie pulls:

* Crystalia Tia
* Bloody Mary
* Fairy Princess
* Gabriel
* Odin
* Lord Atomy

This is alright, yeah?
If this is 49 packs it's not very good... I'm very lazy and I'd still reroll it

if it's 35 packs it's probably like 60th percentile, 6 legs is ok but atomy and fairy princess are real bad

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 6, 2016

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

frajaq posted:

Forestcraft [Mames] Follower 6pp Gold
【Before Evolve】5/5
Ward
Fanfare: If you have played 2 or more cards this turn, deal 2 damage to all enemies.

【After Evolve】7/7
Ward

wait what why is Forest getting even more nice poo poo
It's just like Druid in HS, never quite public enemy number one, always getting good poo poo

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

The shadow legendary was also revealed

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/806105949605744642

She's probably not even going to be meme tier because there's not that much great last word cards out right now. But potentially in the future she could be a meme?
Could very well be a meme...

Necroelementalist, Hell's Unleasher, the 7 mana ward guy, Mordecai would give you a 4/4, a warded 5/5, Mordecai, and would ping the enemy board. Not bad
.. but ofc it has anti-synergy with a lot of other cards

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Zoness posted:

finally A0 with tempo forest

time to aim for AA

i might need to switch out some of the tech slots in my list, i'm getting some really embarassing draws when i don't run into aggro every game
it's pretty tempting to just try running altered fate in tempo forest

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kevlar Beard posted:

Installed this yesterday, and I'm getting into rerolling.

Here's my second roll, is this good? Should I stop while I'm ahead?

Crystalia Tia
Sea Queen Otohime
Aurelia, Regal Saber
Queen Vampire
Prince of Darkness
5 legendaries isnt wonderful but those are all fantastic cards. Don't know how you want to evaluate that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The reward sleeves are so lol in this game

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Mainyu is a godsend when I get stuck in a dshift matchup
Doesn't Levi or Merlin pick that off? or do you buff it with prayers beforehand?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

someone on the reddit made legend recently with a 3x mentor's teachings list. I feel vindicated.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

inthesto posted:

Was mentor''s teachings considered a bad card? Sure it's not exciting in any way, but it's cheap damage that cycles. Hard to argue with that.
No, it's just in one of my first posts in this thread I wondered why it wasnt a ladder staple

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

i like Erasmus... he hasnt been terrible for me in earth rite pascal runecraft (which is a bad deck but I'm not into d-shift)

But yeah he's certainly not one of the best

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is anyone else getting almost exclusively one-win quests the past week? The suspicious side of me wonders if they turned down gold output in advance of this new set.
I've gotten a few good ones this week, feels normal to me

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

trucutru posted:

Don't ever trust reddit, the "translators" do not actually know any Japanese. Here is the card

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/807181025130336257

Notice how the damage to face is the damage fang does, not the damage on the other card. He's "just" Knuckles with bane and rush.
thank god.... this card makes much more sense

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I didn't get why shadowcraft was supposed to be so good in take two, but then I drafted two Mordecais in a deck with lots of wards (including the 6 mana 5/5 guy). Not really fair.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sleaking of deathly tyrant went 4-1 with a nice shadowcraft deck when my first opponent was a masters shadowcraft player with the TOT flair who dropped mordecai on 8, midnight haunt and deathly tyrant on 9

He must be a sick genius

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm convinced wardrobe raider's drop rate is bugged. Never seen anyone use it in arena but I've seen and drafted plenty of florals, dragon warriors, and cudges
ls.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

TBH I think ancient elf, forte, and cerberus are in a tier of their own for being 3-ofs in every conceivable build for their class and being so important to winning with any build at all

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Very interesting news:

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/809744925457727488

Only applies to p2w scum. Apparently the first deck you buy is 500 crystals and each subsequent deck is 750 crystals. Not sure if that means per class.

Bought purely for vials, each deck is:
2000 + 1250 + 650 + 200 about 4100 vials. This is much better than buying packs for 100 crystals and purely for vials is comparable to buying packs for 50 crystals at the 500 crystal cost, but buying 50 crystal packs is better for the 750 crystal cost of the deck.

That's purely for vials. The fact that none of these decks will likely contain trash legendaries makes them a really good deal if you feel like paying.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 16, 2016

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's pretty surprising to me that they dont make animateds craftable. There's literally nothing you can use vials for once you have all the cards which I assume happens pretty fast for the whales.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I like it, it encourages running kill your own dude cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't know if you've ever seen that streamer soulek on twitch but he just dusted his entire collection, crafted and disenchanted soul dealers/bellringer angels/pinion prayers until he had 15 vials remaining, then deleted his stream

• Locked thread