Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
Hi I thought we could use a place to share some basic recipes or food ideas that maybe would shine some light on some dark culinary corners for some goons

I'll start by posting this here breakfast item that is some bastardization of chilaquiles and migas or something

Ingredients:

Eggs (i use 2)
Corn Tortillas (i use about 4-5)
Salsa
Cooking oil preferably not olive (olive oil gets smokey at lower temperatures !! and its a waste to cook scrub food like this with it anyway)

Optional:
Meat of choice (generally whatever i have kickin around as leftovers)
Refried beans

I take the corn tortillas and cut them into strips, some people prefer triangled lil deals more akin to mini pizza slices, whatevers clever.
Then I put some oil in a pan and throw it on medium-high heat.
As the corn tortillas start to cook decently after about a minute i'll crack 2 eggs into it and stir em up with the tortillas.
Then I throw salsa in there too, as well as any meat i might put in. i dont always put meat in, but if I do its left over stuff so its already cooked and it just needs to be heated in the pan really so treat it accordingly.

If you elect to add refried beans (which will basically make this chilaquiles for real reals) make sure you heat em up so that they're ready to go when the rest of it is I suppose. Some people would prolly add cheese to this and certainly sour cream, or both. They obviously taste good but this is a pretty hearty breakfast as it is already so I usually do not.

I just reformatted my phone and don't have any pictures to share I don't think. Found this one though so theres at least something to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
That's a good start but if you really want to take it to the next level you should consider adding a little lime and cilantro to give it a "latin" kick!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Juevos rancheros and an ameicano por favor! :chef:

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

gonna cook it tomorrow.

better taste good or we will be enemies

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i made this the other night and it was pretty good: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/220059/chef-johns-classic-beef-stroganoff/

the sauce didn't thicken very well, but if i ever make it again that should be easy enough to fix.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I ate a dude once. I didn't want to, mind you. Hell, he was my brother in law, I loved the guy. But starving to death is a terrible way to go, and it forces you into decisions you never thought you'd have to make.

Later it turns out we had gotten lost right behind a Shakeys, and I was able to squeeze in just in time for the Buncha Lunch. But I'll never forget the sacrifice you made so that I could live Tony. I love you man, and you'd be real proud of the men your boys have become.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

criscodisco posted:

I ate a dude once. I didn't want to, mind you. Hell, he was my brother in law, I loved the guy. But starving to death is a terrible way to go, and it forces you into decisions you never thought you'd have to make.

Later it turns out we had gotten lost right behind a Shakeys, and I was able to squeeze in just in time for the Buncha Lunch. But I'll never forget the sacrifice you made so that I could live Tony. I love you man, and you'd be real proud of the men your boys have become.

Thatsa.. that's a spicy meatball. :stare:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Gabagool!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why cut up the tortillas and fry them when you can just use tortilla chips from a bag? When you cook it in the mole it becomes soft and just as good as fresh.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Eyyyyyyy gabagool :stonklol:

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Mu Zeta posted:

Why cut up the tortillas and fry them when you can just use tortilla chips from a bag? When you cook it in the mole it becomes soft and just as good as fresh.

I dont keep bags of chips, if i want chips i make them out of the tortillas

Also no reason to eat all that sodium

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
My recipe for two (2) cheeseburgers:

Go to McDonald's
Enter the toilet, it's free
poo poo, piss, it's all cool there
Exit toilet without washing hands
Give the man 2 euros
Receive 2 cheeseburgers
Throw cheeseburgers in the trash
Who am I kidding
Eat the cheeseburgers out of the trash
Go home (if possible)

Bon appetit!

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Quadrapellegiance posted:

lmao

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

EVIL NOONER posted:

I dont keep bags of chips, if i want chips i make them out of the tortillas

Also no reason to eat all that sodium

Instead you just keep a very convenient pot full of dirty oil

and because it tastes good

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

What sort of marinade was used on those steaks they look divine

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Anyone have a story behind this?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Spicy pulled pork:

Get a pork roast (not a loin, you need an ugly, gristly son of a bitch)
Make a rub with 1/2 cup brown sugar, a few tablespoons ground coffee, a tablespoon each cumin, ground mustard, chili powder, salt, pepper, whatever other spices you want (paprika and oregano work pretty well)
Coat the roast with the spice rub
Chop up an onion, a bunch of garlic, and a couple jalapenos
Brown all your ingredients on the stove
Combine about a cup of cooking stock (pork preferred but chicken works in a pinch) with a cup of beer, splash in some apple cider vinegar and worchestershire sauce if you have some (you should) and a bit of yellow mustard, mix it up good
Toss everything in a dutch oven, shred some fresh cilantro on top, cook it for 4 hours at 325

Really tasty, really simple. You can add or remove ingredients pretty freely but if you leave out the cilantro you're a little bitch

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Sheep-Goats posted:

Instead you just keep a very convenient pot full of dirty oil

and because it tastes good

No i dont actually it hardly takes any oil to do so i dont keep it

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

nice except you're maybe supposed to crack the eggs u friggin mig

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

despite what everyone on gbs tells u maybe don't eat the knife too

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Lol yes

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Let me emphasize how lame it is that that image is STILL probatable, in a nu gbs food thread of all things

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
i would just like to take this opportunity to mention that i am in fact a homosexual

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
lest there be any misunderstanding

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

just ray posted:

i would just like to take this opportunity to mention that i am in fact a homosexual

Me too, as well

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
i think its important that we all speak right down into a language that is easy for all of us to understand

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
One of the first things I cooked when I was still learning, and I've used it ever since: some Hungarian guy's Goulash recipe.

Question for the thread: any good way to cook basic boneless chicken breasts that aren't some sort of stirfry/other chinese recipe or grilled with some generic spices?

Captain Yossarian posted:

Me too, as well

Hell, same.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Mordja posted:

One of the first things I cooked when I was still learning, and I've used it ever since: some Hungarian guy's Goulash recipe.

Question for the thread: any good way to cook basic boneless chicken breasts that aren't some sort of stirfry/other chinese recipe or grilled with some generic spices?

Hell, same.

chicken piccata my man

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Made that already, was pretty good. Oh well, guess I'll go kill myself then.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

:cabot:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mordja posted:

Indian butter chicken is a bit involved but awesome.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

"floor chicken"
ingredients:
1 cooked chicken

equipment:
floor, i like hardwood floor, but you could also use carpet

directions:
Take the cooked chicken and put it on the floor. Then leave the chicken there overnight so the flavors meld. By dinnertime the next day you will have the finest floor chicken, just like they make in texas.

pictured: authentic floorchicken

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I approve of your choice of knife.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

VendaGoat posted:

I approve of your choice of knife.

wustoff :getin:

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Mordja posted:

Made that already, was pretty good. Oh well, guess I'll go kill myself then.

well theres always chicken marsala

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
please do not hurt the chicken evil nooner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mordja posted:

Hell, same.

Yeah

Buy the breasts that are labeled as thighs

Then you can cook them any way you want and they turn out good.

• Locked thread