Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

swimgus posted:

Can we talk for a second about the abortion poo poo? Trump did want to outlaw c-sections, right? It doesn't seem real.

Trump was slippery-sloping all the way down poo poo hill on that one. I mean, maybe he was told to focus on partial-birth abortions, and he took it to what he thought was the logical extreme and anybody else knows is ridiculous.

I mean hell, even the most pro-life of pro-lifers who had any brain would stop and go "it doesn't work like that" at that.

Meanwhile the little old ladies who are hard of hearing will nod in agreement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

swimgus posted:

Can we talk for a second about the abortion poo poo? Trump did want to outlaw c-sections, right? It doesn't seem real.

Yeah, I'd be going with this too

Polygynous posted:

gonna give him the benefit of the doubt that he has zero loving clue how ladies work

It's just too bizarre otherwise.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Trump surrogate on FOX!!!

"Democrats' heads are exploding all over America over how bad Hillary Clinton's performance was tonight."

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Van Jones is fantastic

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

KKKLIP ART posted:

who is the bald black dude on CNN because he is on fire tonight and it is awesome, even by CNN standards

Yeah he's the best on this panel by far

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

speng31b posted:

Hillary's going to be a good president. Right guys? This was all somehow worth it?

No she won't. Just better than Trump would have been.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jota posted:

Van Jones is fantastic
yeah he's literally destroying these loving idiots

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Jota posted:

Van Jones is fantastic

I hope to poo poo Clinton puts him back in the administration.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

that's Van Jones, defender of justice and sworn enemy of the Glenn Beck supervillain squad.

Van Jones is my personal hero. As well as the Green Arrow to his Green Lantern, Bakari Sellers.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
The Jesus signs on CNN lol

Also wtf with the Fox anchors and the stupid gaming headsets

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

gohmak posted:

No she won't. Just better than Trump would have been.

I'll take it.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Van Jones slaying it tonight. He's like the alternate universe version of Ben Carson where Ben Carson not a complete moron about things beyond pediatric neurosurgery

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Who is the awful woman sitting next to Van Jones?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

beefart posted:

Van Jones slaying it tonight. He's like the alternate universe version of Ben Carson where Ben Carson not a complete moron about things beyond pediatric neurosurgery
so basically a smart black person with glasses?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Megyn Kelly is really kind of earning some respect this cycle.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

ReidRansom posted:

Megyn Kelly is really kind of earning some respect this cycle.

Like all the odious right wing politicos, compared to what Trump says vs. what they dogwhistle about, of course they look good. But I can't really respect the rats fleeing the sinking ship, when they built it, and like reboarded it mid-sinking like three or four times.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I need video of the turd polishing comment.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

~grandmaaaaaaa~

straight up brolic posted:

so basically a smart black person with glasses?

aw come on it's the goatee and the eyes :cmon:

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
I really want to know what the gently caress people like Chuck Todd were watching when they think Trump did really well in the first 30+ minutes.

And Brian Williams: "And that was the back of Donald Trump Jr."

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

~grandmaaaaaaa~
Ah yes, the old "it's not racist if you don't say n----r" chestnut, thank you Jeffrey Lord

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
The take aways.

"I'll keep you in suspense"
"Bad Hombres"

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

IMJack posted:

The Republican shill on PBS is trying to raise all the stuff that was supposed to stick to Hillary tonight. And then he had to concede that Trump made it all about himself.

That was David brooks of the NY times, give his weak psyche a break; he's spent too long still convinced that the GOP is filled with serious people with serious ideas.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

eagerly awaiting for some hot takes compilation

please do not gently caress this up USA

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Nucleic Acids posted:

I really want to know what the gently caress people like Chuck Todd were watching when they think Trump did really well in the first 30+ minutes.

And Brian Williams: "And that was the back of Donald Trump Jr."

Trump was remarkably quiet in the first 30 minutes, either because he was standing back from the mic or because the downers were still in effect. And really, if you can't actually hear what Trump is saying, it's much better than when you can.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I need video of the turd polishing comment.

https://twitter.com/colinjones/status/788938249456627712

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Mythbusters proved you can polish a turd ball into a nice sheen, as long as it was the right kinda turd. :colbert:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

IMJack posted:

Trump was remarkably quiet in the first 30 minutes, either because he was standing back from the mic or because the downers were still in effect.
It's because he actually stuck to his coaching, and then he did the inevitable and went WOOO MOTHERFUCKERS Y'ALL JUST ENTERED THE TRUMP ZONE poo poo'S ABOUT TO GET NUTS

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crazy Ted posted:

It's because he actually stuck to his coaching, and then he did the inevitable and went WOOO MOTHERFUCKERS Y'ALL JUST ENTERED THE TRUMP ZONE poo poo'S ABOUT TO GET NUTS

It's pretty funny though how much people freak out about how composed he is during like the first ten minutes cause you just know that meltdown's comin' every drat time. It's a beautiful thing.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

Yeah you could definitely tell where he was conscience of his coaching and then proceeded to get triggered and enter Trump's Tower of Terror.

This right here is the argument to be made: Trump can't keep cool under pressure. He makes off the wall comments and starts breaking down, and someone who can't keep cool under pressure shouldn't be anywhere close to the oval office.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

stone cold posted:

It's pretty funny though how much people freak out about how composed he is during like the first ten minutes cause you just know that meltdown's comin' every drat time. It's a beautiful thing.
It's because it's appearing like he just might be figuring this poo poo out.

He's like the special needs kid who can't figure out a basic motor skill and you keep working with them and working with them and working with them in the hopes that they'll get it right and then it looks like they're gonna do it and they get 90% of the way there and then gently caress it all up and they can never do any better.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crazy Ted posted:

He's like the special needs kid who can't figure out a basic motor skill and you keep working with them and working with them and working with them in the hopes that they'll get it right and then it looks like they're gonna do it and they get 90% of the way there and then gently caress it all up and they can never do any better.

I think special needs children who get 90% of the way are doing like 1000% better than Trump.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Did Wallace spring a surprise question on the closing statements?

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Crazy Ted posted:

Nah, comparing Trump to special needs kids is offensive to the special needs kids. They have the possibility of a future. The only thing that awaits Trump is Spray Tan Lung.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm still just absolutely aghast at how terrible his partial-birth abortion answer was.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Pastrymancy posted:

Did Wallace spring a surprise question on the closing statements?

You can tell by the way Hillary had a prepared statement that was comprehensive and never mentioned Trump that she was anticipating that kind of question. You can tell by Trump trying to do a rebuttal on it and then transitioning into vague nonsense that Trump had not been anticipating that kind of question because he's an idiot.

"Make your pitch to the American people," is the softballiest of all softball questions and no politician is going to whiff it since they saw what whiffing that question did to Ted Kennedy.

I was going to say it's Politics 101, but I think it might actually be such a basic common sense thing that it might not even be covered unless you're in desperate need of a remedial Politics 100 course.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ErIog posted:

You can tell by the way Hillary had a prepared statement that was comprehensive and never mentioned Trump that she was anticipating that kind of question. You can tell by Trump trying to do a rebuttal on it and then transitioning into vague nonsense that Trump had not been anticipating that kind of question because he's an idiot.
More likely that Donald's people told him to prep for such a question but he had not a single gently caress to give.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

howe_sam posted:

I'm still just absolutely aghast at how terrible his partial-birth abortion answer was.

Oh? Do tell. I kinda glossed over much of what the Cheeto McTinyhands-In-Chief was saying.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I liked that Trump had to get multiple mini US Civics lessons from the moderator.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Lars Blitzer posted:

Oh? Do tell. I kinda glossed over much of what the Cheeto McTinyhands-In-Chief was saying.

Replace guts with babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Replace guts with babies.

Also, reduce the hand size. :colbert:

• Locked thread