Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

this is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Shad should be flattered that Actual Dilbert is returning his homage by writing in the Powerup style

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Everett True is happily married

Please do not minimize the trauma of domestic abuse victims tia

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The symmetry of this layout is beautiful

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

gleebster posted:

It was payback for not giving the old woman in the beginning a bird.

if you give them birds they'll just spend them on booze and drugs

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

I don't understand what even happened in this comic, let alone what the joke is.

a cat pupated on the hopes of metamorphosizing into a butterfly, but instead became a caterpillar.

:thejoke:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Beerdeer posted:

I don’t understand Power Up comics or Gamer Dilbert and find them dumb as hell, except for the strips calling out the Power Up guy for acting like a douche.

good news! the subtext of the entire comic is calling out the Power Up guy for acting like a douche, so that's every strip

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

it's just not the same when he's not standing there smirking in the arms crossed pose

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

most of these are not enjoyable but this one got a sensible chuckle from me

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

When the new artist took over Nancy I thought the praise she got in the BSS thread was over the top but I see now that I was definitely on the wrong side of history.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

I think I heard once that Power Up was also an in-universe thing to another webcomic where the "author" and "artist" were characters in it? Kinda like SBaHJ

It's more of an in-canon cameo sort of thing than being any significant part, but yeah

A while back someone posted the main "payoff" for Power Up:

e-dt posted:

Has this been posted here yet?

This was created by the author of Powerup Comics!, who also did the excellent Unwinder's Tall Comics which this is a part of. You can find the author on twitter at @UnwinderH and the Tall Comics archive at @TallArchive.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ikanreed posted:

I do appreciate all the good nedroids being shared, but a much harder task than finding good ones is finding bad ones.

got you covered

some of them are accidentally good but there are some legit bad comics in there

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

holy poo poo how is it possible for a thing to be this good

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You're possibly thinking of Sinfest that went really weird about gender at some point.

e: Oh I had a look and it's really weird about everything now. I guess Dave Sim Syndrome is a progressive disease.

I have not thought to look at Sinfest this year and fuckin wow :eyepoop: guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore but still, dang

that guy has like the giant worm with Emperor Leto's face on it of brainworms

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

rollick posted:

From the New Yorker's collection of rejected cartoons:

Hmmm...

Nope. Definitely see why this one was rejected.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

Why would anyone want Jesus's job? I always got the impression that getting crucified sucks, like really really bad.

The on-the-job injury rate may be bad but the healthcare is fantastic.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

rollick posted:

A fourth Nedroid character??

this is Rudy erasure and I will not stand for it

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

rydiafan posted:

With my Midwestern accent they are literally said identically to each other.

Edit: So are Merry, Mary, and Marry in case we want a bonus derail.

just pronounce all words as "ope" for Maximum Midwest

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Beachcomber posted:

I hated coffee until I was introduced to light roasts. Tasting "dark roast" chocolate was key to the discovery, because I apparently just hate the taste of "burnt".

light roasts taste like battery acid

dark roasts taste like charcoal

medium roast is where it's at

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

too coherent, definitely an edit

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I see why this one is so easily misinterpreted, because the bottom two panels definitely do look like they're straight out of a chud strip. I had to go back and re-read the setup panels to get that it was supposed to be sympathetic to BLM.

It's sad, because I actually think it's set up really well. I appreciate that the green frog comes in being a smarmy sarcastic rear end in a top hat about the BLM sign and the purple frog is actually thoughtful and reflective. They think it's a fair question to examine even though the green frog is asking in bad faith.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's only.ambiguous if you think beating people up is cool, HTH.

Yes, because literally all depictions of violence are done with the intention of discrediting it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I love this so much because it's such a pitch perfect synthesis of two very different comics that captures both of them at some of their best :allears:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

One of the wonderful things about Nedroid is its relentless silly positivity. It isn't a comic about people being sad and killing themselves, it's a comic about some goofy friends doing goofy things together for fun. And yet when the PFSC person draws a Nedroid comic, they make it about Reginald being mean to Beartato because Beartato killed all his friends. It's a completely un-Nedroid premise for a Nedroid, and so it comes off as weirdly mean-spirited and out of place because Nedroid is not a mean-spirited comic. It's like the author gets some of the idea behind Nedroid (Reginald is oblivious, but also likes to do things like draw pictures to cheer up Beartato) but applies it with a tone that makes it just seem off somehow.

I disagree. I suppose it depends on how much malice you read into Reginald's dialogue but I see it as more thoughtless than mean, which is 100% in character for him. To me it has the same energy as something like this:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Push El Burrito posted:

That's him in the Reginald costume. You probably can't tell because he's also wearing a Harrison costume.

So Reginald is making an angry face because his friend Beartato dressed up as Reginald dressed up as Harrison, thereby implying that Reginald thinks of Harrison as his best friend instead of Beartato, insulting Reginald by dismissing his obvious close friendship with Beartato?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dude! Spoilers!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

You've become the Joker.

You wanna know how I got this helmet?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

This one's got a new level of funny in light of the garbage fire that was GoT's last season

Also five installments later there is another Zen Pencils with exactly the opposite message.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Carthag Tuek posted:

iirc he was all pissy on twitter about it

He was so thin skinned about criticism that he made a giant comic about crushing online critics with ~the power of art~ which led to Kris straub doing this parody:

He may or may not have gotten pissy about the parodies too, I was not really plugged into twitter enough to follow what happened from there.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Fools Infinite posted:

I've tried to correct this comic better suit your comedic needs.

Eh, you already basically did the same joke with your Space Reginald strips. You need some new material.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

You could tell me that this is all parody dialogue and I would be unable to tell one way or the other

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I am somehow actually excited by this cliffhanger.

:emptyquote:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
The things that I like are good. If someone likes something I do not, and which therefore is not good, it can only be coming from a place of insincerity.

This is why the entirety of anime fandom is a decades-long hoax but everyone is afraid to break kayfabe at this point. It's OK, guys, you don't have to keep pretending to like it for my sake. I get it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

cant cook creole bream posted:

No. Like most SA users you are just a figment my mind made up.

you sick gently caress what the hell is wrong with you

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Zil posted:

Ethan_head_tumble.gif

I can't believe they stole the Head Fall Off Disease gag from Nedroid. t:mad:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Everyone in the Land of Oz is just an incredible idiot. Absolute poo poo-for-brains morons.

quote:

"Then you shall be our interpreter," said the Scarecrow, "and explain to this Pumpkinhead all that I say, and also explain to me all that he says. Is this arrangement satisfactory?" he asked, turning toward his guest.

"Very satisfactory indeed," was the reply.

"Then ask him, to begin with," resumed the Scarecrow, turning to Jellia, "what brought him to the Emerald City"

But instead of this the girl, who had been staring at Jack, said to him:

"You are certainly a wonderful creature. Who made you?"

"A boy named Tip," answered Jack.

"What does he say?" inquired the Scarecrow. "My ears must have deceived me. What did he say?"

"He says that your Majesty's brains seem to have come loose," replied the girl, demurely.

The Scarecrow moved uneasily upon his throne, and felt of his head with his left hand.

"What a fine thing it is to understand two different languages," he said, with a perplexed sigh. "Ask him, my dear, if he has any objection to being put in jail for insulting the ruler of the Emerald City."

"I didn't insult you!" protested Jack, indignantly.

"Tut -- tut!" cautioned the Scarecrow "wait, until Jellia translates my speech. What have we got an interpreter for, if you break out in this rash way?"

"All right, I'll wait," replied the Pumpkinhead, in a surly tone -- although his face smiled as genially as ever. "Translate the speech, young woman."

"His Majesty inquires if you are hungry, said Jellia.

"Oh, not at all!" answered Jack, more pleasantly, "for it is impossible for me to eat."

"It's the same way with me," remarked the Scarecrow. "What did he say, Jellia, my dear?"

"He asked if you were aware that one of your eyes is painted larger than the other," said the girl, mischievously.

"Don't you believe her, your Majesty, cried Jack.

"Oh, I don't," answered the Scarecrow, calmly. Then, casting a sharp look at the girl, he asked:

"Are you quite certain you understand the languages of both the Gillikins and the Munchkins?"

"Quite certain, your Majesty," said Jellia Jamb, trying hard not to laugh in the face of royalty.

"Then how is it that I seem to understand them myself?" inquired the Scarecrow.

"Because they are one and the same!" declared the girl, now laughing merrily. "Does not your Majesty know that in all the land of Oz but one language is spoken?"

"Is it indeed so?" cried the Scarecrow, much relieved to hear this; "then I might easily have been my own interpreter!"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
crossposted from the PYF tweets thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Zil posted: