Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Did someone say WHOMP!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lizard Combatant posted:

Is that one continuous strip? Don't leave us hanging, post the final panels with the punch line.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

AfroSquirrel posted:

What if our favorite thing isn't the comic, but the reaction to it?

Wanna see the goatkcd for this one.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Does anyone have that comic with the guy screaming at Hitler, who's meekly saying he just wants to kill the Jews?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Pretend I thought those comics you posted were bad so I posted 50 Nedroid comics in response

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

trapped mouse posted:

They're claiming Nedroid is the best webcomic (tallest midget), which is fair enough, but they barely update anymore.

At the risk of causing extreme controversy, are there still decent webcomics out there that update regularly, or is it one of those "pick two out of three" situations

Yes.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Chitin posted:

Why do the balloons have window reflections outdoors?

This comic brought to you by Windows 95TM

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I have no idea what is happening in any of these terrible comics, whoever draws them is absolutely awful at communicating action visually.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The comics that get posted in this thread make me appreciate how hard it must be for professional comic artists to draw comprehensible action scenes.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

The premise of Goblins is really stupid. Its not set in a D&D-esque fantasy world but an actual D&D game that people are supposed to be playing. So you have stupid stuff like everyone treating everything that happens as deadly serious but then they start mentioning levels and classes and when people are gravely injured they have numbers floating over their heads. It creates this tonal whiplash.

That's funny, I always thought the premise of Goblins was that it was set in a world where everything looks like garbage and everyone is confused at all times by what the hell is supposed to be going on.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Whomp is good.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

90% of the comics posted in this thread are webcomic depression ones that are basically two panels where panel 1 is a smiley face and panel 2 is a smiley face saying they're depressed. 10% are MM&O and are actually worth visiting this thread for

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

90% of the comics posted in this thread are webcomic depression ones that are basically two panels where panel 1 is a smiley face and panel 2 is a smiley face saying they're depressed. 10% are MM&O and are actually worth visiting this thread for

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Slimy Hog posted:

Why does the silver surfer look like John Arbuckle?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
how does his hair go underneath his eyebrows?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They're called "comics", not "tragics". :nallears:

Agreed that's why I threw Maus in the garbage and picked up My War With Brian instead

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Didn't that guy turn out to be Literally Hitler?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Slime posted:

Finally, horror movies the anxiety riddled millennial can relate to.

The avocado that came to life and declared "now it's my turn to smash ... your dreams of home-ownership!"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Dude in purple has a good grasp of foreign policy.

Dude in purple is Harry S Truman and the woman with the jar is Robert Oppenheimer.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
A book so famous it has its own Wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_(novel)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

I always take stuff like this as an indication that a lot of people just... do not read. Even people who hand out literary awards, apparently! They hear through the grapevine that a particular book is popular or profane and go along with the zeitgeist.

Basically every piece of award-winning Canadian fiction ever is this:

- person is emotionally damaged
- person has an unconventional encounter with nature
- person returns to civilization rejuvenated

Bear is just a more extreme and artistically insane version of this, so of course it won awards.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Someone please overexplain that comic to me.

The protagonist, a hybrid human-owl with enormous eyes, notices that it is snowing outside and decides to wear additional "heattech" clothing under her outer layer to keep warm. While somehow putting on the inner layer without fingers or thumbs, she stands under a heat lamp and notices that her inner layer is superficially similar to the clothing worn by Beyonce in the music video for "Single Ladies". She and an anthropomorphic teddy bear reenact the Single Ladies music video despite not having fingers to put rings on.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

Iq has been rising p fast in that period though, and still does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

If you gave a caveman an IQ test they would get zero because they hadn't invented a written alphabet yet.

That doesn't mean that someone with an IQ of 1 is infinitely smarter than a caveman.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
There's a part in one of the Attenborough documentaries where a man bird tries to impress a lady bird by showing her all the cool poo poo he's collected but then plot twist, the lady bird is actually another man and steals his fanciest poo poo and flies away.

Or in other words the men-birds comic needs a few more panels to truly capture the diversity of bird romance.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Crossposting from funny pics:

This is a sentence I never thought I would write, but in this Garfield comic is Jon Arbuckle wearing a vibrating butt plug?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Jon is a notorious sexual deviant. If he'll drink dog cum, I wouldn't put anything past him

Death of the author, the text of the dog cum comic implies that Jon thinks it's coffee and is alarmed when he learns it's dog cum.

This new comic implies that Jon is alarmed when Garfield finds out he lied about his phone vibrating.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
This owns

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Why is it a different woman in the pic on the wall? Is her husband cheating on her?

It's a clever joke.

The outlets in the main comic are American ones, reflecting the 1950s Americana style of the characters' clothing and the comic's storyline.

The picture on the wall is a wedding photo of two British outlets.

The implication is that these are the type of middle-class 1950s Americans who would hang a wedding portrait of their parents or grandparents, who were immigrants from Britain, on the wall, further highlighting the WASPish nature of the comic and the 1950s Americana it satirizes.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

But where are the farts?

They were inside us all along

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Fantastic Flyer posted:

He's been making these since 2001 :stare:

It shows.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Krinkle posted:

Nope I don't get it.

He looks like Mr. Bean.

He interprets this to mean he looks like Sean Bean, whose character in Game of Thrones regularly said "Winter is coming."

The humorous irony comes at the end, when the other character, rather than contradicting the Mr. Bean lookalike, plays along with his resemblance to Mr. Sean Bean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

im the truck full of horoscopes

I'm trapped in a horoscope factory please send help