Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

I really thought they were leading up to a "but Vernon knows how to make the printer work!!1" joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ariong posted:

Missed opportunity not having it be signed DIM JAVIS.

Isn't Dim Javis the guy that tries to duel Paul Atreides at Sietch Tabr?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Veib posted:

I haven't seen Rent, but I like the Lindsay Ellis video about how stupid and awful all the characters in Rent are

Hmm, this is indeed a good video. Thanks!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
The Roald Dahl story about the dude who gets to "live" forever as a brain in a jar certainly made an impression on 11-year-old me. aaaaaaaaa

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Frog Act posted:

His autobiography made a huge impression on me as a child and it wasn't until I was much older and had history degrees that I really realized he was the prototypical imperial subject, working for shell and flying planes around Africa and just generally being a cog in the extractive colonial apparatus, which he characterizes as a big fun adventure and is how I read it as a kid to

If I ever have kids I'll have them read Dahl but he's certainly representative of a lot of the cultural baggage from the mid-20th century people like to not acknowledge if they can avoid it

...I never thought of it like that before. Hmm.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Plot twist: it's all in the mom's head because she goes from fat to thin in the last panel

I felt kind of bad for noticing slendermom, to be honest

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Gann Jerrod posted:

He tried to kill himself after the failure of the Dilburrito and has never been the same.

Is this true? It seems really plausible, anyway.
(Dare I ask what the Dilburrito is.)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Captain Hygiene posted:

We'll see I guess. I feel like the proliferation of stupidly lazy knockoffs over the decades has kinda turned me off of the whole Far Side vibe, but if he both makes something funny and turns out not to have become a raging CHUD over the years, more power to him.

A quote from his site, describing the internet:
'Tools to help us better communicate, write, explore, and learn. (Of course, soon to be adding hack, steal, exploit, deceive, bully, and maybe destroy democracy, but hey, what’re a few wrinkles? We’ll figure this out. Or not.)

Looks like he's probably dodged Scott Adams Syndrome.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Len posted:

Didn't comics by the cop guy get posted itt before? They're things

Edit: here's two

Wow, this is really bad. Why did I click it?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Grendels Dad posted:

There is no jiggling here.

He turned the power to the have-nots
And then came the squat

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Stalhelm got invented in WWI.

...what are those two tiny helmet-nipples for?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ugh, so lazy. They could've had a couple blades of grass appear in front of the shoes and luggage wheels. Instead everyone appears to be hovering over the lawn.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

finalellipsis posted:

god zenpencils is just pure poo poo

Imagine reading zen pencils, and feeling the emotions the author wants you to feel. Or indeed any emotion other than disgust.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Nope, that's the same Hot Mess Mom:

https://hotmessmomcomic.wordpress.com/about-2/

They have a podcast! I'm not going to listen to it!
https://hotmessmom.com/podcast

Here's how he draws himself:

That family has some goddamn issues.

Look at that lovingly-depicted starbucks logo on the cup. Look at it

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

The flesh coloured lettering is weirdly unsettling

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Aaaaaa that George owl freaks me right out every time I see it

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Zil posted:

Congrats on your new av

What?
Geez, that's unpleasant.
I'm going to miss my desert ant; but at least Mr Green is a genius.

E: why does the owl have to jump like that

Tree Bucket has a new favorite as of 22:58 on May 26, 2020

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Slimy Hog posted:

To discourage you posting

I shall reply with the stern, revolting glare of the owlvatar.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Phy posted:

whatup, avs-that-disturb-their-owners buddy

unfortunately it hasn't stopped me either

It is kind of unsettling, I too spent far too long reading about UFO's as a kid.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ahh yes, this is precisely the sort of thing that kept eight-year-old me awake and terrified for hours.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

How did you know I'm 34. Is that the Universal Standard Goon Age.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

KennyMan666 posted:

I turned 34 two weeks ago, should I have started worrying already? Am I too late?

This is 2020, friend. There's always time for fear.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Flint_Paper posted:

My advice if you don't like the taste is to do what I did: fall backwards down a flight of stairs and sever your olfactory nerve. Then it just tastes like Leaves!

What? Where is the olfactory nerve? Can it be re-connected? Have you lost all flavours or what?
So many questions.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Flint_Paper posted:

I fell backwards and hit the back of my head on some very unfriendly London concrete. It made my brain bounce back and forth, and the olfactory nerve either went "ping" like a maiden aunt's gusset in an Ealing comedy, or the olfactory bulb went to buggery.

Either way, I've not been able to smell anything for about six years now. My sense of taste is suuuuper basic. Sweet/sour/salt/savoury/bitter. Like, I can tell the difference between a burger and a pizza, but a whole lot of the joy of food and drink has gone. Plus I've accidentally drank a *load* of off milk. Which is gross as hell.

No idea if it'll ever come back! I'm terrified of gas leaks! I was once in the basement of a pub, waiting for my time on stage, and I was the last person to realise that the pub was on fire! It's not the best!

That sounds awful.
And your first paragraph is intensely British.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

powerup comics has a new character and plot arc :o:

This is bewildering.
Slightest hint of relationship troubles and in-group/out-group dynamics, and my stupid monkey brain demands I pay attention to this. I can feel a million generations of my ape ancestors trying to grab the steering wheel of my mind, hooting excitedly

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Phlegmish posted:

It's an extremely Flemish comic and until it popped up in this thread I had no idea they'd made English translations at all.

As I live on the other side of the planet, I have no idea what Flemish-ness is. My sole data point is now Cowboy Henk. I shall extrapolate accordingly!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

I googled these! They seem kind of rad

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Andy Pandy posted:

Hey friends those are my comics so I can clear this up! The reason the phone/fax numbers are confusing is because I didn't really think about it until I was drawing the last panel and then I was like, wait this is actually fuckin stupid, oh well!!!!!! And i posted it anyway!!! Hope you all have a wonderful day and take care x x x

Hi, I heard this is the thread where we come to request more Scottish Batman Comix?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Clearly the biology gods smote him for that garbage in the first panel. "Temperate," "tropical" and "islands" are not synonyms

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Paladinus posted:

It's Joker's origin story. The lady is Poison Ivy.

Do we also learn that poison ivy is a plant found in forest, Canada and hill climates?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Printers are what happens when computer people design something with moving parts.

That makes sense. All printers are horrible objects. Heavy and brittle and fragile, with moving bits that either go "snap" or "crunch" or bend all wrong. Ugh.
(Geez, imagine carrying one.)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
What is Harrison, anyway?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

trapped mouse posted:

I never got why people were annoyed by the floating eyes in Extra Fabulous Comics, but This. This I don't like.

Regardless, "hup" is the funniest drat thing.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

What exactly is going on with Lord Abbeycourt's trousers/codpiece/stomach?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

basically yeah, though Peter Gallagher is actually George Gately's nephew, not son.

Meanwhile Gately's other nephew/Peter's cousin Mike...

etc

I feel lessened for having witnessed these.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Snake Maze posted:

Pterodactyls are dinosaurs, which are birds.

Disgraceful pterodactyl misinformation. Surrender your avatar at once.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Grevling posted:

He'll squeeze begats till his clips is empty

asfdasfdlj;as;lkja;lksjfd

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

LibCrusher posted:

I can’t believe I’m reading these and have interest in how it ends

I know. WHy do I care so much about how this ends? Why!?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
And the minute movements of Beartato's eyes and head(?). All nedroids are made with such care and love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Skwirl posted:

The best soda pop was that radioactive one that melted off it's spokesman's jaw.

Friend, I Will Not Be Google Image Searching This