Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
I'm too stupid to get progression in this game. It just tells me I don't have XP to unlock level 3 guys. I also want a bow and poo poo even though all I see are pikeman.

I am level 10 though so I'll join the guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer
Silver stars are only useable by that troop that has them or to get the next level. Gold stars are your own prestige that you can spend anywhere (useful to unlock troops trees that you don't really like using but whose weapons you want)

Bows are the third faction but eventually everyone gets them of some sort.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
OK cool. I must be facing all level of dudes in the Duel mode because they all have bows and crazy poo poo like ram helmets.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

ok im done

my helmet is literally better in every way than the the last helmet

ps: tiger voulge is dog poo poo

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

lewtt posted:

ok im done

If only I could use the long spiked club on horseback. It would then truly be the perfect weapon.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

lewtt posted:

ok im done

Christ, How long did that take? Im stuck here getting low pop duel games and getting gently caress all exploit.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Unhappy Meal posted:

If only I could use the long spiked club on horseback. It would then truly be the perfect weapon.

You can use the long shu from tier 8 wei on horseback.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Coldstone Cream-my-pants posted:

I'm too stupid to get progression in this game. It just tells me I don't have XP to unlock level 3 guys. I also want a bow and poo poo even though all I see are pikeman.

I am level 10 though so I'll join the guild.

If we don't know who you are then we can't accept you.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
I am Wolf at the Door but it's in Chinese characters. Hope this helps I will apply tonight

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coldstone Cream-my-pants posted:

crazy poo poo like ram helmets.

That's a consumable decoration you buy with gold. Lasts 30 days IIRC

Also, if any Eurogoons are on the fence about joining, join GoonsofWuxia today! (applications may or may not be accepted today: all applicants will agree to full body checks and blood tests on a regular basis until such time as said applicant is accepted)

It's a really small legion, 7 members I think and in reality I'm the only one who regularly plays :colbert:

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also, I got a level 8 adjunct token last night for logging in. Costs 1.8 million to recruit though :suicide:

Any idea what the symbols next to his name are? Says 1/10 or something

Rap Three Times fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 17, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You have 1 of the 10 tokens required to get him.

You can get more tokens via PvE hard.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Third World Reggin posted:

You have 1 of the 10 tokens required to get him.

You can get more tokens via PvE hard.

oh god

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I've only been playing for about a week but yeah, pretty grindy.

Only if you're the kind of person who feels like they have to get all unlocks for some reason. The 'real game' doesn't start at max tier. If anything it starts at tier 5, which only takes about as long to get to as it does for you to get half-good at the game. Just play the game for what it is at that point. Pick one or two troop trees and just play those.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Pavlov posted:

Only if you're the kind of person who feels like they have to get all unlocks for some reason. The 'real game' doesn't start at max tier. If anything it starts at tier 5, which only takes about as long to get to as it does for you to get half-good at the game. Just play the game for what it is at that point. Pick one or two troop trees and just play those.

yeah I agree with you, I guess I mean to say that it can feel like you're not really "progressing" at that point because you aren't upgrading anything

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
I applied to the Goon legion as 狼在门口

Where do I get the two-handed axe? Some people are going off with it in the Duel mode.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
The axe you're thinking of is probably in Shu infantry 2.

For other things, if you can find an item in the market tab, there's a button on the item's panel that brings you to the troop you get it from. Sometimes it brings you to troops that aren't in the game yet though.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

Pavlov posted:

The axe you're thinking of is probably in Shu infantry 2.

For other things, if you can find an item in the market tab, there's a button on the item's panel that brings you to the troop you get it from. Sometimes it brings you to troops that aren't in the game yet though.

Yeah I got the Shu 2 axe thinking just that. Unless there's a way to switch between 1h/2h I don't think that's it though. X didn't work.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

quote:

Dear all, this week @Pender #TigerKnight has collected some new questions many of you asked, and summarized some tips on combo. Now we will answer ten questions one by one.

1. Will matchmaking be fixed? When in a party we are paired up with up to 2 tiers higher
We will punish ganging up for sure and if someone in the team enters the game with subsidiary account (eg: T5 player with a T4 account), then the system will match players according to the highest tier (where T4 may have to fight against T6). In fact, ganging up is a quite irresponsible behavior to teammates. We call on all players to team up with those of same unit tiers.

2.When will Tier 9 and 10 be released?
We expect to open other units and soldiers of the rest tiers within the next two months.

3.Will Female Character be released around the same time of Rome?
It depends on the opening time of the official version. We hope we can catch up with the official opening.

4. When will there be Level 8 Exploit items?
You’ll see them in the next update.

5. What are some of these statistics on some weapons, most notably 'back-end damage', weight level (including energy bonus) and energy damage?
Take Central Plain Sword as an example, front-end damage refers to the blade shown in green on this picture. This part of weapon will inflict damage to its full extent. The red part as handle of the weapon is back end. It exerts less damage than frond end. If you want to inflict appropriate damage with different weapons, you need to keep a proper distance from the enemy.

Weapons are various in weight which influences the movement of the General and the effect of weapons. See if you use heavy weapon against a light one, when the gap of weight reaches a certain extent, the enemy’s parry will cause stiff effect and he will be knocked down by you.
Hold the left key of the mouse and you’ll find there is a light effect in your hand. It’s a hint of energy. Energy attack will improve the weight and damage in attack. For instance, if a regular lighter weapon can make the enemy stiff, then an energy attack will directly knock down the enemy.

6. What are the Special units?
Special units refer to troops existed in history but unable to constitute a troop to upgrade. You need to pay gold coins for special units and equipment. Meanwhile the amount of gains the special units obtain are a little bit more than common soldiers.
We will open two special units in the next update. Yellow Turban Rebel is a tier 2 special unit which belongs to infantry. It has more soldiers than unit of the same level, so they can use the tactic of human sea. Wuhuan Riders are T5 unit as light cavalry archers. They mainly scout and harass the enemy.

7. Will there be anything added in for Legion vs Legion? If so what are some of the plans?
In the close beta test phase, we tried legion wars in the form of website. The legions attending battles have their own cities and with diplomatic strategies and battles they eventually realize the goal of dominate China. Currently this plan is still under further adjustment and refinement so that it can show up perfectly in the client. As the follow-up forces open in succession, the Legion vs Legion mode will be our ultimate goal in the future.

8. Will there be Roman Adjutant?
Yes, there will. Low level adjutant might be standard bearer. But the high level adjutants will be legendary figures you are familiar with.

9. With Barbarians winning the vote, What barbarians are you planning on adding?
Barbarians ( including Gaul, Britan, Pict and other Celtic tribes), Germanic peoples, Sauromatae, Dacians are already been in the plan of development.

10. What do Elite Soldiers do? Anything extra or just used for EXP exchange?
Elite soldiers have stronger battle capacity, and all related properties are improved.

Thanks @Pender #TigerKnight for your valuable tips on combo!
Combo Tips
Many of you may not know that you can do combos in the game.
You must know some basic information before we get into the full detail of how to do a combo.
Weapons require three swings to complete a combo.
To start a combo simply swing a direction, Do not hold down the attack button just tap the attack button one time.
Right after you swing, immediately press attack again in another direction (Remember tap do not hold).
On your third swing simply go into a different direction. You have to attack rather fast.
It may seem like it won’t do a third swing do not worry it will you should see a all red arrow pointing the way you just attacked on your second swing, Right when you see that swing in another direction and your combo will be complete and you will see a pretty awesome animation.
Examples: Left swing, Right Swing, Left Swing
With stabbing only, Up stab, down stab, up stab.
As you can see there are many different ways you can complete a combo.

back i go to farming duel mode

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
My. Ajax the Younger, looking like he stepped straight out of Age Of Mythology. I now expect Atlantis as an eventual faction.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Something I learned today: not only is City in the Flood the worst map you can get for horse archers, but the rain also disables the flaming arrow ability, making them even worse there. gently caress that map.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It would be nice if they let you choose your troops after the map is chosen rather than before. But maybe it's nice to make it random and make people think on the spot v0v

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Pavlov posted:

Something I learned today: not only is City in the Flood the worst map you can get for horse archers, but the rain also disables the flaming arrow ability, making them even worse there. gently caress that map.

I'm trying to power through Chu Rangers but 7 out of 10 battles where on City in the Flood and it's not been a good time. But even with other troops I really don't like these three-lane-roulette maps.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
city in the flood and red cliff are the worst maps

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Baller Time posted:

I'm trying to power through Chu Rangers but 7 out of 10 battles where on City in the Flood and it's not been a good time. But even with other troops I really don't like these three-lane-roulette maps.

Believe it or not, chu rangers are probably the least bad ranged horses on that map. They at least have toxic smoke to hit all those choke points with. The crossbow ones lose their special ability, and just having gotten the level 6 skirmishers I think those might be the worst one to use so far. They have no special ability, and they get chewed up real quick when they enter melee, where they have a one handed weapon and no shield for some reason.

On the other hand if you like horse archers as much as I do, don't give up until you've played the tier 5 mounted crossbow on that desert map with the big flat area. Oh man is that fun.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Tiger Knight: Empire War Update Announcement (0.0.59)
21 NOVEMBER
- FRITTATA
Dear players,
To ensure the stability and quality of servers, we will shut them down at 15:00 Nov 22nd, 2016 (Beijing Time), and maintain them from 15:00 to18:00.

The maintenance time is:
Asia Server: 15:00-18:00 (GMT+8) Nov 22nd, 2016
EU Server: 07:00-10:00 (GMT) Nov 22nd, 2016
NA Server: 23:00-02:00 (GMT-8) Nov 21st, 2016

After this update, the client version will upgrade from 0.0.58 to 0.0.59, please enter the game from the new client. If it fails to upgrade normally, please close Steam and log in to try again.

Content of Update
As Thanksgiving is on its way, Tiger Knight: Empire War is also embracing its first month in this world. Thank you for all your support! With your help, we are confident in improving our game and returning your love with a better game experience.

1.Thanksgiving Themed Tasks
Three newly added festival tasks: Thanksgiving Rewards, Life Saving and A thankful Heart.

2.Thanksgiving Themed Items
Newly added festival decorations: Feather Crest
Weapon: Roast Turkey
(Obtainable in festival tasks)

3. New Units Released
Shu crossbowmen infantry:
This unit is equipped with light crossbow, heavy crossbow or repeating crossbow and good at mid-range attack. They can impose a threat on soldiers with shields.
Special Units: Yellow Turban Rebel and Wuhuan Ranger can be checked and purchased in Upgrade interface. They have no extra advantage in the battle field but they are able to gain bonuses after the match is over.
Reasons to buy Special Units:
You don’t need to upgrade them to become elite soldiers.
You can get extra copper coins, prestige and EXP bonus after battles.
Converting surplus soldier EXP into prestige will be more convenient.
You can unlock new general gears.
4. New DLC
A new DLC including Soldier Seal, General Seal and VIP Card will help generals to drill the troops and upgrade their favorite units.This DLC will be publish this week.

5. New Play vs. AI
On the matchmaking interface of Command Mode, choose Play vs. AI and enter the game. You and your teammates will only be fighting against computer AIs. We hope this new mode can help generals get familiar with the maps and properties of new units. However, computer AIs can be difficult to fight against.

Adjustment

General
We optimized the operating experience of bow and arrow, decreased the lag to make the shooting feel more fluent.
We optimized the sense of blocking, the control of blocking.

Adjutant
We added a prompt of purchasing adjutant so that you can check the properties of adjutant more easily.

Soldier Seal and General Seal
Since PVE allows players to join after the battle begins, it may cause the Soldier Seal and General Seal unable to have an effect. So we removed the effect of Soldier Seal and General Seal in PVE. We will also make them only effective after the battle so that players won’t be confused.

Bugs Fixed
Friends are displayed as offline when they are actually online.
Reconnection fails occasionally.
When purchasing soldiers, it prompts that adjutants are successfully bought.
The VIP gains display is showing the incorrect amount received on the Battle Result Interface.
Pressing F to mount a horse might occur anomaly.
Anomaly in charging with a shield.
Occasionally disrupted when executing or rescuing.
In PVE mode, you can now recruit soldiers.
Probable damages in Multi Kill.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The two gold armies look pretty ok.

Pavlov, Tier 5 gold army is horse archers.

Also loving shu crossbow up to tier 8. This is pretty good.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Xbows start at tier 2. Remember to research bolts before you use them in battle.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Pavlov, Tier 5 gold army is horse archers.

Yeah I'm super exited. I think I might just play those guys instead of the T6 Shu horse. I have a feeling they'll get buffed eventually, then maybe they'll be worth playing.

I've got to say, they have been quick and good about updates. Gives me a little confidence they're not going to poo poo the bed with this one. They even seem to understand how much we hate pay-to-win in the west.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 22, 2016

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So the new gold units, you still need to spend gold to convert their xp to prestige.

Not cool man, not cool.I thought they'd allow free transfer of stars as they kinda suck and cost monies to buy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

In other games like this, they tend to work that exact same way.

The only thing is that they tend to gain more base prestige in other games. I am not sure about that here.

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012

Rap Three Times posted:

So the new gold units, you still need to spend gold to convert their xp to prestige.

Not cool man, not cool.I thought they'd allow free transfer of stars as they kinda suck and cost monies to buy.

Ya I posted that in the forums and even mentioned that the wording they use implies it would be free to convert but they locked or "moved" the topic.

If they get increased rewards its not noticeable because both units are hot garbage. The infantry can barely hang with AI tier 1 troops. It was implied they would be weak and have a large number of units with a "human wave" attack skill. Instead I think they reduced the number of troops without making the infantry do anything, and horse archers are horse archers, and just don't preform well when controlled by AI.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Turns out that the gold I got from training and achievements was exactly the amount I needed for the horse archers, so I didn't even have to spend money. They're about on par with the shu crossbow cav at the same rank from what I saw. They're a little squishier, but the rapid shot and flaming arrow skills synergize pretty well together. The servers were kind of poo poo for me today though, so only played them a few games.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Xbows start at tier 2. Remember to research bolts before you use them in battle.

Had to learn this the hard way.

I applied, my name is Hooha, I'm a level 10 warrior, and I like this dumb game.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

2 PVE normal games, 4 drat Three-headed halberds. Combining them with my other three headed to see what happens. 88 days on the Halberd. I had a couple of low day ones, some were 6 days others were 30. So it increases the time you have but it does not make the weapon better.

Also crossbowmen are archer killers by far, their F5 ability lets you hit targets from any distance on the map, so if you come up to an enemy archer player (or pve archers) just tell them to attack that area, they will attack with deadly precision.

Equate fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 26, 2016

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I am an idiot that left the goon legion by accident, I applied again under Hooha.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

quote:

1: When will the next line for Wu and Wei be added in?
We plan to add Wu pike and shield line in the update on Dec 6th. As for Wei archer cavalry, it will be released on Dec 20th.

2: With the new Player Vs AI game mode, Will there ever be tiers allowed higher than Tier 5?
No, only units of and below Tier 4 can enter Player vs. AI mode.

3: Will there be more PVE, Siege and Command Maps?
For now, we have finished sequent plot in PVE—Luoyang, Xiapi in Fortress Siege. Battle of Alesia in Rome is still under production. Later there will be more siege maps of mountain city, river city, stronghold and so on. And in command mode, there will be two more new maps in Rome. We will also release other new types of map on a regular basis.

4: Will Legions be able to invite players?
We will add this feature in the near future.

5: Yellow Turban Rebel Do not have the Human Wave, Will there be another skill added for them?
Yellow Turban Rebel is not stronger than other soldiers, based on that we have canceled its Human Wave before release. Later we will consider other features (maybe Human Wave or others), to make this unit more fun, instead of more powerful.

6: Will there ever be a crossbow Adjutant? Like Zhuge Liang?
There will be more adjutants, not only archer adjutants. Adjutant is a very important part of the game, so there will be more types of Adjutant added in, such as support adjutant, combat adjutant, strategy adjutant, logistics adjutant, and so on. We may even add adjutants to rescue dying players.

7: Will there be more costume items like Armor costume and more head skins?
Yes, there will be more costume items, but they will still not affect any General stats in battle.

8: Will you add in the ability to look at different items when you are Queuing for a match? Like be able to click Upgrade, Or Storage?
We have already added this ability into our plan, so players can check out the frontend while waiting for the match to begin.

9: Players Banned Due to Illegal Plug-ins
We have a zero tolerance for any players using illegal plug-ins. Please do not try to use any acceleration software or game data modifying software. It may cause your account to be banned, even banned permanently in the most serious circumstance.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

quote:

"8. Will there be Roman Adjutant?
Yes, there will. Low level adjutant might be standard bearer. But the high level adjutants will be legendary figures you are familiar with."

Alright, my dicks getting hard with what they're presenting for Rome. I played this a few weeks ago and the lag was getting me frustrated. The combat seemed real wonky so I stuck to high reach stuff. How does the end-game combat feel right now and has there been any updates to the physics engine/servers?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Applied to legion as Francofish.

Also:

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuQ0XNeRPwo

• Locked thread