Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

Dr. Strange is essentially my favorite comic character so I'm allowing myself to be one of those horrible fanboys who rush out to see things. At least in this case, I've got a good feeling that it's going to be entertaining. The only movies I'm going to watch in the theater this year are this, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and The Shining.

Off topic but gently caress how have I not heard about this? Too bad the only theaters in my neck of the woods showing it are on Wednesday during my work shift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

The Hand was much more engaging and interesting when it was one guy who went toe-to-toe with Daredevil, and DD only won out of pure luck.

That DD and Elektra were then subsequently able to wipe the floor against 20 ninjas was kind of ridiculous.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Kurzon posted:

None. No Crimson Bands of Cytorrak or anything familiar. They were really determined to distance Strange from Harry Potter, so no magic words whatsoever. They did mention a few magic items like the Wand of Watoomb, and Strange immediately made fun of their names.

I wonder if Cytorrak might be caught up in a rights dispute, since it is also the demon (or whatever) that traditionally powers Juggernaut.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Jedit posted:

In the comic continuity Earth is special, mostly because of its location. It's the most strategically positioned habitable world between the Kree and Skrull Empires, the anchor point for the eight Asgardian realms and a bunch of other things that haven't yet arisen in the movies.

Didn't Thor say in Thor 1 or 2 about how Earth acts as a portal to other realms? Or am I mixing up the movies with one of the Marvel cartoons or some such?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Kurzon posted:

If it had been up to me, I would have set this movie 5 years prior to Iron Man 1, so that by the time Strange teams up with the Avengers he's already a master sorcerer.

With Strange being in at least one other movie (and probably one part of Avengers), I think there we run into the problem of "Why doesn't Strange just *magick* the problem away?". I think it is good that he isn't a master sorcerer at this time

• Locked thread