Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

nelson posted:

I wouldn't call living several lifetimes a quick death. She said she saw that moment many many times before, so it was her time to go regardless. How she got in that state didn't really matter too much.

Plus, any hero's journey has the wizard master dying. Expect to see her Force Ghost in the sequel.

Edit: Fan theory: the live action Disney remake universe takes place in the MCU and Strange's robe is the Magic Carpet from the upcoming Aladdin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The movie has mixed signals. The very last line of the credits is a PSA saying not to text and drive because it's dangerous. But Dr. Strange did it and got sweet sorcerer powers.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jonny_Rocket posted:

He paid the price - he got his sweet sorcerer powers after countless surgeries (using money he didn't have) and hitting his absolute rock bottom. And his hands are still not healed completely. And now, since he messed with the laws of nature, he's gonna have bigger problems ahead of him

Thanos was set up long before Doctor Strange happened, and he'll end up besting Mordo in DS2. I maintain everything comes up Strange.

posted from my phone while driving recklessly on a cliffside freeway.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Dormammu looked like a mix between Andross from Star Fox and a skrull with the lines on his face

Holy poo poo, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Looks like we now know what Mordo was warning about...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lobok posted:

Moments before Thanos walks up and:

Cell happens to be DBZ's Amazo. So that makes Android 16... Cyborg?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Thinking about it, but a Marvel movie with the Iron Man/Doctor Strange style origin story but about a dude joining HYDRA would be great.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He was presented as being inferior to Dr. Strange, sure, but I got the impression that the hospital was some super top of the line hospital with elite doctors. Dr. Strange was supposed to be the best of the elite, which is why he got the perk of being able to pick and choose his patients.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They should have gotten Steven Rattazzi to dub over Cumberbatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I forgot to ask this question way back when this came out. Just before Strange crashes his car, he's distracted by by a weird x-ray. Is that a reference to anything? An Easter's Egg, perhaps?

I heard it was Marvel's Captain Marvel.

• Locked thread