Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marchofthepenguins
Jun 1, 2016

Mental hygiene should be practiced after every meal
- reads a lot about corpses, murder cases, psychological profiling of violent offenders, and unethical medical experiments

Not that there's anything wrong with that. They might just find those things interesting and morbid. They might also be a serial killer.

- does not know how to use modern technology or understand pop culture references despite living in modern technological times

Unless they're Captain America.

- finds weirdness to be endearing

Definitely a strong sign of weirdness is finding weirdos pleasant and normality boring. No judgment as to whether weirdness is good or bad. Like many things, that depends on the exact kind of weirdness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Away all Goats posted:

*makes fun of hipsters while dressing exactly like one

-makes fun of "hipsters" despite never actually interacting with anyone they would describe as a hipster

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
*doesn't eat rear end

*loudly talks about eating rear end

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Away all Goats posted:

*makes fun of hipsters while dressing exactly like one

*doesnt recognize an actual lumber jack

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

-makes fun of "hipsters" despite never actually interacting with anyone they would describe as a hipster

-this, but for rednecks
...or hippies, fundies, feminists, social justice warriors...

actually, doing this about any "type" of person is a pretty big tipoff as it means people are basing their opinions about society on dumb memes and chain-letter stories about friends of friends instead of lived experiences

probably because they don't get out much, but are trying to seem like they do

actually, a lot of the posts in this thread are probably this

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Duckbag posted:

-this, but for rednecks
...or hippies, fundies, feminists, social justice warriors...

actually, doing this about any "type" of person is a pretty big tipoff as it means people are basing their opinions about society on dumb memes and chain-letter stories about friends of friends instead of lived experiences

probably because they don't get out much, but are trying to seem like they do

actually, a lot of the posts in this thread are probably this

*a person who makes fun of a person that makes fun of types of people

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

EVIL NOONER posted:

I don't like putting things into categories. Hell, i don't even like language, nouns are the worst. Sometimes I put ice cream on hamburgers and think about everything as pretty shapes and colors. :v:

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
lol remember sentence diagramming

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

EVIL NOONER posted:

nah i'm pretty chill about making fun of types of people, it's making fun of types of people you've never actually met that's weird

it just reeks of bandwagoning and trying to fit into the in crowd

like if ten cool kids started making fun of all the old timey unicyclists riding around with their gayass purple tuxedos, you just know there'd be that one kid saying "yeah, they're the worst. i hate them."

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Duckbag posted:

nah i'm pretty chill about making fun of types of people, it's making fun of types of people you've never actually met that's weird

it just reeks of bandwagoning and trying to fit into the in crowd

like if ten cool kids started making fun of all the old timey unicyclists riding around with their gayass purple tuxedos, you just know there'd be that one kid saying "yeah, they're the worst. i hate them."

This is a really weird issue to have while posting a mock thread

You should probably just post more about mocking people instead of worrying about who's trying to be cool

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

BigBadSteve posted:

I had a girlfriend a few years ago who owned a pet axolotl she named Mr Axolotl Head.

Also in her apartment, on one wall, was a framed yard-high picture of her own head. A weird narcissistic trait, that one.

I didn't buy that girlfriend a drink once and she responded by stabbing my bicycle tires with a knife when I wasn't looking. I didn't realise at the time that both of us drank like fish.

It's a good, non-weird feeling to be rid of her (and off the booze). I won't say more about her here in case she reads this and sues or stalks me.

People who quote their own posts.

Edit: Goons who edit their posts.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

People who write multiple posts in a row in a thread.

They are nothing but weirdo attention seekers.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 24, 2016

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Terrible Robot posted:

You joke but this dude basically no poo poo did that one time. He'd sprayed and dropped a ton of really potent poo poo in the dining hall crawlspaces and was like "absolutely nobody is allowed to go in there for the next 48 hours without a mask". The very next morning, not even 24 hours later, he goes down there and crawls around with literally no protective gear and comes out with his nose and eyes streaming.

Don't huff industrial bug killer people, it makes you believe all kinds of weird poo poo and makes you act and talk like every criminal investigation TV show serial killer ever.

I have a good friend who was an exterminator for a while and before that was a real-deal, gun-shootin type of soldier in both Afghanistan and Iraq and got exposed to lots of fun stuff at that job too. He's good at keeping it together dealing with strangers but boy oh boy once he likes you, you're gonna hear some ideas about what's really going on. Great guy on the balance but I don't think we've agreed about anything yet (books and liquor and music and movies and games aside of course) in about five years of knowing each other.

To contribute to the thread, I'd say people that insist on hugs. It's okay to enjoy a hug with a loved one, but "I don't shake hands, I hug" guy is a guy that knows the only tits he'll be touching in this life will be with his chest through several layers of textiles

Real Mean Queen fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 24, 2016

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

EVIL NOONER posted:

This is a really weird issue to have while posting a mock thread

You should probably just post more about mocking people instead of worrying about who's trying to be cool

p. sure i was just mocking people

some of those peeps might be posting here, idk

like have you never met those guys who rant about some horrible group they read about on the internet, but it's all just lame stereotypes and clearly no one they've met?

i have, and it's weird

alls i'm saying

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

HollywoodDialysis posted:

Somebody at College is trying real hard to be friends with me right now and they've totally tipped a bunch of these signs.
Still trying to figure out how to let them down without outright saying "Look, just gently caress off."

Believes in Shields / Powers and that they have shields and powers to help them

Real life advice: you have an opportunity to learn how to opt out of bad social situations with no real repercussions right now. Practice. The fact that you met someone doesn't mean you have to keep knowing them or even be nice about not wanting to. People that don't learn these skills are basically 100% of cult followers, people that do are basically 100% of cult leaders. Which of those has more fun?

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Veterans that corner me to tell me about all their guns and the feral hogs and doves and ducks and quails they kill with the guns

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Real Mean Queen posted:

Real life advice: you have an opportunity to learn how to opt out of bad social situations with no real repercussions right now. Practice. The fact that you met someone doesn't mean you have to keep knowing them or even be nice about not wanting to. People that don't learn these skills are basically 100% of cult followers, people that do are basically 100% of cult leaders. Which of those has more fun?

yeah letting someone think you're their friend for months when you really can't stand them and want them to leave you alone is way worse than just telling them to gently caress off in the first place

e: most people don't learn that lesson until their mid-twenties though

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
has zippers on their shoes

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Booblord Zagats posted:

*People who own reptiles as pets
pls don't lizardshame

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Somone with "artist" as their job description.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Adults who decorate their homes with comic book drawings and recreated Victorian era paintings redone to feature Star Wars and Dr Who characters

Sex Falcon
Jun 4, 2013

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
* wears a trench coat
* hates to cum

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
People who get mad when you say you don't think Hillary Clinton is that great.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Using the word "problematic" in a serious manner when describing what someone said or something in a movie/tv show/whatever.

Getting really upset if you buy their kid anything blue if its a boy or pink if its a girl.

Possessing an encyclopedic knowledge of everything to do with Star Trek. Actually just watching Star Trek (the tv shows, the new movies are ok though) regularly.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Doesn't like animals

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
*Is afraid of babies

*Tries to gift people a "Squatty Potty"

*Is a homeopath

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Khazar-khum posted:

Doesn't like animals

No normal person is afraid of dogs.

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm half the things itt

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

EVIL NOONER posted:

i dont think i'd get a lobster but i'd definitely get a crayfish and maybe give it a cool badass name like uh

idk

whats a cool name for a crayfish

(i dont want a salt water tank)

Citizen Snips

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

-Works out at public/hotel gyms wearing chain mail for extra resistance

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
-Owns ferrets, as pets

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain
-"Gluten allergy"
-Any food allergy
-overly muscular physique

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
-Is a woman who speaks in fake cockney, english, or scottish accent

-Anything publicly displayed from the following:

Dr. Who
Supernatural
Sherlock
Sonic the Hedgehog
Anything Furry related
Anime

-Is REALLY REALLY into musical theater, like I mean can't say two sentences without breaking into some kind of showtune. Just being into the artform and seeing it a lot does not count.

Uncle Enzo fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 24, 2016

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Sex Falcon posted:

* wears a trench coat
* hates to cum

this is exactly me but i * love to cum and don't wear a trench coat

XVIII
Jul 11, 2007
londish by injection
- Really into Halloween
- Homebrews

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Duckbag posted:

p. sure i was just mocking people

some of those peeps might be posting here, idk

like have you never met those guys who rant about some horrible group they read about on the internet, but it's all just lame stereotypes and clearly no one they've met?

i have, and it's weird

alls i'm saying

Nice meltdown.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Using the word "problematic" in a serious manner when describing what someone said or something in a movie/tv show/whatever.

Getting really upset if you buy their kid anything blue if its a boy or pink if its a girl.

Possessing an encyclopedic knowledge of everything to do with Star Trek. Actually just watching Star Trek (the tv shows, the new movies are ok though) regularly.

*dissects which star trek is and isnt appropriate to like

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
DBZ shirt

Kinson
Nov 25, 2007

Working hard for the money.
Asks if you have stairs in your house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Has a drawer filled with nail clippings.

• Locked thread