Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I love Kirby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Kirby's Adventure is one of my all-time favorite games. It's so good. The GBA remake does not match up.

Adventure was the first game I ever 100%

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

glad you finally found a series you dont have to save scum through op

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Adwintures in Dreamland, OP

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im actually surprised kirby tnt and wario ware twisted arent on the wiiu eshop

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

im actually surprised kirby tnt and wario ware twisted arent on the wiiu eshop

theyll never be re-released anywhere because its not a 1:1 emulation and theyd have to figure out a way to get the gyro tech to translate which probbaly isnt worth the 0 dollars theyd make off of selling it on the wiiu eshop.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im gonna stream some kirby pinball and minigolf in a bit here until i fall asleep. https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

theyll never be re-released anywhere because its not a 1:1 emulation and theyd have to figure out a way to get the gyro tech to translate which probbaly isnt worth the 0 dollars theyd make off of selling it on the wiiu eshop.

nintendo should do it anyway out of love

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

trying to jack off posted:

nintendo should do it anyway out of love

this

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Im gonna stream some kirby pinball and minigolf in a bit here until i fall asleep. https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

ive never played kirby pinball and it looks sick

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

er, just noticed you have to redo areas if you fall lol

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

NES/SNES/N64 emulation sucks on Wii U, they're not as exacting as people claim

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kirby Block Ball is an awesome game.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Kirby Block Ball is an awesome game.

the epic breakout adventure

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When the first boss battle appeared I was mildly surprised and then I realized I could control the paddles on every single side of the screen and I almost had a mild panic attack.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
http://shmuplations.com/kirbysadventure/

dude

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Thats canon

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

quote:

Saitou: What were some of the abilities that didn’t make the cut?

Sakurai: I believe there was one where you could create blocks, and one where Kirby could shrink down. I think there was even one where Kirby rode on a rocket.

Iwata: There was one called “Animal” too, where you could scratch and bite enemies.

It's cool that eventually all those were added

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Air Ride is sooooo fuckin good!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Lol and Super Star is going to blow your mind if you've never played it

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Kirby Super Star is a SNES high mark up there with Chrono Trigger and Yoshi's Island

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

superstar is incredible. the ultra mix with even more stuff in it and prettier art is easily my favorite remake of all time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

people dont like it cause the sound is a little messed up from snes -> ds but thats such a minor thing to get hung up on in the face of all the stuff they added and the smooth sprites

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

superstar is incredible. the ultra mix with even more stuff in it and prettier art is easily my favorite remake of all time

It's an insanely good game. I am not one to replay games much but this got four revisits from me.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Superstar is amazing. I can scarcely think of a game that is even half as charming.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Superstar is one of the best games of all time.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Was there another remake after the DS remake?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kirby hasn't had a single remake since KSSU.

Ever since Return to Dreamland mainline Kirby games have gotten better and better. RtDL, Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot are my favorite 3. I just bought Planet Robobot for my sister for her bday and she has my copy of KSSU too. I love Kirby.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I marked Kirby's Pinball as Completed because I played 3 balls on each board. Thoughts? Is that kosher?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I marked Kirby's Pinball as Completed because I played 3 balls on each board. Thoughts? Is that kosher?

did u use save states

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Kirby hasn't had a single remake since KSSU.

Ever since Return to Dreamland mainline Kirby games have gotten better and better. RtDL, Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot are my favorite 3. I just bought Planet Robobot for my sister for her bday and she has my copy of KSSU too. I love Kirby.
Planet Robobot was incredible. Triple Deluxe is great too... I played return to Dreamland but I don't remember much about it for some reason

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

You gotta beat the bosses dude.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Theres no way Im doing this because they reset if you go offscreen and they freeze your flippers periodically with no recourse.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

elf help book posted:

glad you finally found a series you dont have to save scum through op

Bill Barber posted:

In Training posted:

Theres no way Im doing this because they reset if you go offscreen and they freeze your flippers periodically with no recourse.
welp

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

OP, press up, a and select on the Kirby's Dream Land title screen.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

OP, press up, a and select on the Kirby's Dream Land title screen.

i forgot about that

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
wtf at getting scrubbed out by a kirby game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Relax everybody, it's just the bad pinball one. It's not the end of the world

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

you don't count as having beat the games unless you beat the True Arenas btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i always thought the arena in superstar was a lot harder than the true arena because it's like 30 bosses vs. 10 "hard" bosses

• Locked thread