Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ideas? Multiple choice.
Rename it to something that includes several nature hobbies
More serious tone, more science more grammar
Less serious, less grammar broader range of people
Rename it to T.S. Eliot poem words and hide it further down the list so it's trendy
View Results

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Just wait until the election. People will come flocking here looking for survival tips after their country burns to the ground.

I'm taking refugee applications for goons interested in becoming bushmen in the wild Canadian north. I have experience in wilderness survival and living in the woods like a hobo so I can start training immediately upon arrival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

extra stout posted:

I'm willing to fight you IRL for a YouTube video if it helps make this forum famous. I will then likely be promoted to assistant mod, and I will take your job in Finland teaching people how to ski until I become an alcoholic obsessed with freezing himself in the snow, then melting himself in a sauna, every day, with the drinking in between those things until I die.

I think you should make a youtube video about what you would do to survive the Trumpocaust on your own with the resources you currently have. I expect to see results in 5 days. Skiing while drinking will win you extra bonus points and make you honorary IK. No snow? No problem. Get creative.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Yes.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

extra stout posted:

I actually recorded some of these the next day but I gotta see if they're worth uploading because I had a cold and it was windy and the audio is hosed

:dance:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Epitope posted:

Things I get-
-this forum is dead and gay
-my attempts at funny threads are bad

Things I don't get-
-y'all have nothing to say about conservation

I guess even picnic princess stopped posting in here? Shucks.

I'm still here, I was working at a wildlife rehabilitation center in Belize for 2 months! I will have words on conservation soon.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I know that's a gibbon in your profile pic, but I got to work with spider monkeys and they were super awesome animals. I love them very much.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Pretty much. All I have of interest is avi poo poo in the Everest thread. I'm not interested in dying, our mountains are not really that safe in winter.

Although to be fair I wasn't even in Canada for the last 3 months. I might make a post or thread about my volunteering in Central America, because that's what I was up to instead of posting.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

You could add a link to the subforum in your signature if you post where sign are a thing

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I was bored

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm not lazy, but I'm unemployed and shouldn't spend money on things.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I will do it by tomorrow night!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

You're going to have to let me know the best pokemon because I was too old for it and am not very familiar with them.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Rollin with it

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

How's this?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Took a few :f5: but I saw it! You are awesome

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Matoi Ryuko posted:

i followed the ad here. wheres the pokemon go thread

Got archived. We need a new one!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My carbon footprint is HUGE. Thanks, Nature.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

You can make one if you like! Between winter in the north and me disappearing for several months this forum kind of petered off and I'd like to see it start up again with actual good content.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Psycho Society posted:

Here's a question for you dudes. Say you spontaneously decide to go hiking out your front door tomorrow morning. What's the longest distance you'll plan to hike before coming back home?

Usually 10km/6 miles, but there was one I did last year that was 20km with 800m elevation gain.

Also, what about elevation gain? I think the highest I've gone on a last minute whim was 1450m/4750'. Usually unplanned scrambles and summits I keep to 800m/2600'or below.

Actually, have a video I made of going up that tall one, it was Mt. Burgess. My husband is the guy who went up the north peak, it's significantly harder and usually only sees a handful of entries in the summit registry each year. It's one of those "Slip at the crux and you're dead" kind of ridges. Not a lot of people can brave that kind of exposure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db1yP3VusbY

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Levitate posted:

if you don't like the gear thread go post in some of the other threads or make another one of your own. It's one thread and there are a bunch in here that have had people chilling and discussing different topics. it's not a highly traveled forum but having one thread where ome people talk about gear isn't a bad thing

This is a better idea. Also I can only giver 6ers.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hi, I plan on doing outdoor stuff this year. I'd like to use your subforum if that's cool.

Welcome! Post all you want, just don't be an rear end in a top hat!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It's called Post a Fish!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It's currently too hot to go outside right now in most places. This sucks.

• Locked thread