Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ideas? Multiple choice.
Rename it to something that includes several nature hobbies
More serious tone, more science more grammar
Less serious, less grammar broader range of people
Rename it to T.S. Eliot poem words and hide it further down the list so it's trendy
View Results

• Locked thread
meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten

Picnic Princess posted:

Just wait until the election. People will come flocking here looking for survival tips after their country burns to the ground.

I'm taking refugee applications for goons interested in becoming bushmen in the wild Canadian north. I have experience in wilderness survival and living in the woods like a hobo so I can start training immediately upon arrival.

Cool! When do applications open? CAn you also teach me to sing "oh Candia"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm taking refugee applications for goons interested in becoming bushmen in the wild Canadian north. I have experience in wilderness survival and living in the woods like a hobo so I can start training immediately upon arrival.

Hey, I figured you were joking and I wasn't really worried about the election, but... any chance you're serious?

quote:

I'll be doing a mushroom megathread sometime soon, busy week or I'd have it up now sorry friends

Yay! I will eat your thread!

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

I'm not that surprised it's so dead here - there's only so much you can discuss, and if you look at other forums on this topic (I'm thinking regional ones, like cascadeclimbers) they are in my opinion barely hanging in there. Worth checking weekly, definitely not daily.

What I wish I would see more of is trip reports. The photo thread is nice, but it's lovely to have a nice trip in its own thread and educates people about the world :)

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

Epitope posted:

I'm on the verge of a meltdown because no one wants to post funny things or even talk about conservation but love to talk about consumer products, god yes slather me with lube before I dare set foot out the door

Picnic will you probate me for a week so I don't do anything rash? Thanks

lol if your unlubricated skin has ever touched cotton

• Locked thread