Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

King of Bees posted:

It was a pain in the rear end.

I never wanna work on a car again after getting this bike though. I have a lot of preconceived notions on how long everything takes to do from cars but then I do it on the bike and its like ... oh im done. Even if I'm like I have no idea how to do this I just take everything apart around it and poof its done!!! I didn't like my rear suspension so I just bought some used $80 thing off some other bike and boom it was in. :wtf: its like 3 drat bolts and it falls out. I literally spent more time getting it off the ground and back

Since you said the word Jeep you reminded me about 2 weeks ago I saw a newer model Grand Cherokee in the middle of an intersection with its driveshaft on the ground. I laughed and couldn't believe that still happens to Jeeps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

King of Bees posted:

You'd need a bobcat at least to move these things

Cut em up with a chainsaw first. Depending on how long you want segments you can get em small enough to lift or chain to a tail hitch or roll onto a plywood sled chained to tail hitch. I cut down and tore apart a bunch of big rear end trees last fall, it was fun as heck.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
TOday i was crawling around in the dirt under a 1997 toyota hilux replacing the busted speedo cable and i tore open a big blister i have on my left forarm from bad sunburn (driving with arm out the window) this blister just rips open and all the water comes out. out it comes and it stings but i jsut keep working.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Trunko posted:

TOday i was crawling around in the dirt under a 1997 toyota hilux replacing the busted speedo cable and i tore open a big blister i have on my left forarm from bad sunburn (driving with arm out the window) this blister just rips open and all the water comes out. out it comes and it stings but i jsut keep working.

hmm, mods?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Hatebag posted:

Cut em up with a chainsaw first. Depending on how long you want segments you can get em small enough to lift or chain to a tail hitch or roll onto a plywood sled chained to tail hitch. I cut down and tore apart a bunch of big rear end trees last fall, it was fun as heck.

Hatebag I'm hatebaggin you right now, lol. I live I the suburbs. My limit was pulling trees with the Jeep.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Does crying count OP?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Brother came up with a stupid loving landscaping project that involved shifting a few cubic meters of dirt and laying pavers and loose rock.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I was really constipated after an excellent opioid binge weekend and pushing that poo out was quite experience OP. I don't think I ever believed that you could sweat that much on a toilet.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Helping trim some trees at church. That was a lot of work, but I got to use a hatchet (and didn't seriously hurt myself in the process) so that was pretty cool.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

King of Bees posted:

Hatebag I'm hatebaggin you right now, lol. I live I the suburbs. My limit was pulling trees with the Jeep.

You're missing out on big time chainsaw fun!

Braaaaaaaaaaaazzzztt

Chinese Stakeout
Apr 21, 2010
i painted an alcove and it had lots of weird corners and stuff and i had to go back over everything a bunch of times

anyways what i'm getting at is that my hand hurt afterwards

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Hatebag posted:

You're missing out on big time chainsaw fun!

Braaaaaaaaaaaazzzztt

We had the chainsaw but I was too chicken to ask to use it.

naem
May 29, 2011

literally never

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I think I swept 200 lbs of Spanish Moss off rhe roof of my Florida room. Plus the big water oak branches. Hurricanes. Whatevs.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
my mother recently moved into a new house, and my bother and i helped her. she likes to restore lovely antique furniture as a hobby, as a consequence she has many dozens of pieces of solid wood furniture :negative:

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I swing a wrench at my cars every so often. And there's always the mutant monster-spawn fruitless mulberry tree in my yard to keep in check. I do very little physical work for my paycheck, though.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Three-Phase posted:

We had the chainsaw but I was too chicken to ask to use it.

Your cowardice is rewarded with regret!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

it stopped being work when ur mum lost weight

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Rutibex posted:

my mother recently moved into a new house, and my bother and i helped her. she likes to restore lovely antique furniture as a hobby, as a consequence she has many dozens of pieces of solid wood furniture :negative:

She needs to make it aged and sell it at flea markets

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

social vegan posted:

it stopped being work when ur mum lost weight

Shut up man !

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
hammering red hot steel into shape with my mighty penis

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I change the battery in my truck on Sunday.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Burt Sexual posted:

I change the battery in my truck on Sunday.

buyer sexy I don't understand this post

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't think it's any of your business, OP

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i don't think it's any of your business, OP

Than don't reply moron. Lol. Jk, tell me what you've done.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

King of Bees posted:

buyer sexy I don't understand this post

Are you retarded?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Burt Sexual posted:

Are you retarded?

Yeah.v

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Just wondering about your past or present or future tense

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
Channeled my inner Grover and demolished a bathroom

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

King of Bees posted:

She needs to make it aged and sell it at flea markets
shes the one buying the flea market crap

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
I was cranking pretty hard last night, worked up quite a sweat. :grin:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

King of Bees posted:

Just wondering about your past or present or future tense

I'm esl you gently caress.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Carried a bunch of heavy (~50-100 lbs) boxes up to the attic yesterday. It took forever, like three beers

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Saturday, I helped a friend move his wife's 10 credenzas and 30 boxes of kitchen accessories up and down stairs, in and out of trucks.

I nearly lost it on the 60" plasma carting it down stairs with him. Told him he needs to name it Tyson because it's a big black heavy weight.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Yesterday I got to drive a 'small' 5 speed manual one ton dump truck to the landfill only to find out it was closed to commercial vehicles (even though we'd just borrowed the truck for home use) so we got to empty about a thousand pounds of renovation garbage with shovels.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
The day before we did the same thing with a smaller truck and I stepped on a nail and I was in my runners not my steel toes because I'm a moron.

I got my tetanus shot today though so it's all good.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Hatebag posted:

Your cowardice is rewarded with regret!

Well I wanted to make sure I had the right PPE too...

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I haul around 600' of rope and hose in the morning when I get to work and the evening before I leave. But I get paid $70+/hr to listen to podcasts and chill in the intervening 6 hours, so it works out? :shrug:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Rime hook me up with a job when the pride of home ownership destroys my marriage which should be in like 6 weeks at this rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Descend to slumber
May 12, 2001

I dug 10 or 12 holes today with a square ended shovel and then screened all of the dirt that came out of the holes.

I think tomorrow I'll go out and do it all again, in fact maybe I'll make a whole week of it!

• Locked thread