Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Gynecolojustice posted:

I went to a juice bar today for a smoothie and really enjoyed it, and now I am a Juicer

You gotta get your friends to call you Juice Box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Taking applications to join my new barbershop quartet "The Juicy Fruits"

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Rubio might be out for a significant amount of time.

guess Dunn's gonna be put on the fast track. Ganbare IcePhoenix

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

DWade autocorrecting to WoW is a stunning indictment

lmao

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

He's been endearing since summer league but this is just great

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Tacit admission that Dario saric is not ready to play starters minutes

Brett Brown just now said he'd be considering starting Ersan so it definitely looks that way. That didn't last long

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
MCW out for 4-6 weeks.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

ugh how lucky can this stupid bulls squad get

It's absurd

Just a reminder: The Houston - Cleveland game is on right now, instead of the normal 7 pm est or whatever start times

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Pistons have won three straight against bad teams and have two more on their schedule before they play another good one. Everyone seems to be contributing and Ish + Beno keep things afloat much more easily than the horrors of Steve Blake and Spencer Dinwiddie. They may shrug off Jackson's injury after all.

Toby Harris is having himself a very nice start

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Henchman of Santa posted:

As is our secret best player Marcus Morris.

Yep he's a Perfect Piston. Toby's got a freakin 69% true shooting going with his 22 ppg though and that's pretty incredible and he looks fantastic beasting with the second unit

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Horford out with a concussion and Avery Bradley might have an injured shoulder. Looking like the Bulls are going to feast once again

That's embarrassing and completely erases KD's tattoos from memory

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

Nevermind disregard that I got tricked by Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Mr1738/status/793879017774456832

same thing

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

gently caress this

I guess that kind of rhymes

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Dethroned the Alphas, but at what cost? Crowder joins Horford on the injured man squad, he's gonna miss at least a week with a sprained ankle. Bradley's shoulder is lovely too. Heck!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hand Row posted:

I thought the general reaction to JVs contract was wondering why he signed a cheap contract. It was certainly mine at least.

Sort of, it was more of a "that's going to be a huge bargain if Casey ever starts using JV as much as he should" thing and while JV is a bargain anyways at this point, Casey still has a tendency to forget that he's on the team

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

lowly abject turd posted:

Which team has the biggest homers as sportscasters? I've been watching games in spanish when possible but from what i've seen okc are pretty big homers. That might just be more a reflection of my watching raptors & thunder games though. It seems like the sweetest gig tbh.

The spaniard announcers are actually pretty insufferable homers in their own way; just losing their minds anytime ricky rubio , jose calderon or a gasol gets a touch.

I remember watching a Blazers stream last year and it was absolutely intolerable, but I think some of their people may have changed. Meanwhile I get to hear Tommy for every Boston home game and while he's probably technically the biggest homer in the world it's mostly used for comedic effect. Almost everyone hates it though

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

One more loss and it's the worse franchise start ever :negative: To newer NBA fans that might not seem so bad but if you're familiar with the 90s Mavs you understand how awful it really is.

My stepfather was friends with Dick Motta and he got a Mavs pennant signed by the whole team for me during the first year of the three Js but I can't find it anywhere. I'll send it to you if it ever find it, although that may take years

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EoinCannon posted:

Homer announcers are weird coming from Australia where all football games are nationally televised and have neutral announcers. The first Boston game I watched was a real education. I've gotten used to home announcing but I generally prefer the less blatant guys

It helps to think of Boston's homer as an sentient octogenarian pack of cigarettes who happens to be a hall of fame NBA player and coach. He's ridiculous in a ridiculous way

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

I do remember them, there's no way this team is as bad as those.

Cherokee Parks was sort of a family friend (his dad worked for the same company as my dad . . . although he didn't like his dad). My stepbrother had game worn Mavericks warmups.

Lmao, his hair was always a mess

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Simmons is back to his old 'the Celtics almost pulled of this massive trade!!!" schtick.

https://twitter.com/shamus_clancy/status/794285182949933056

I wish he'd shut up about basketball in general cuz it's clear that he hasn't paid attention or been plugged in for at least 3 years. It's not remotely amusing even if you're a boston fan

e: Just remembered the celtics get to play cleveland tonight without horford and crowder and with bradley all hosed up. Goddamn we're gonna get stomped

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 3, 2016

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Oladipo's gonna be trying way too hard tonight and i'm gonna scream at him

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Jaylen Brown is getting his first start tonight because of Crowder's anklefoot. He'll be guarding Lebron. Welcome to the NBA

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Philthy posted:

I haven't had much time to get into NBA this season yet. Watched the Bucks a little of last night, but I missed Thon Makers HOME debut.

He played one minute total.

Scored two 3 pointers in 30 seconds.

He's sitting at 6 points with one minute average played this season.

Edit: I guess he played an away game for two minutes and didn't get 12 points :(

PER of 93.5, baby. Boban Who

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
No matter how much I poo poo talked Mudiay in the offseason I didn't expect him to actually look worse this season. He looks quite a bit worse this season.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

E2M2 posted:

Its pretty crazy how narrative flips so fast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvgD9HNTMkM

It's a commercial

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/794606565349167104

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Durant needs to get beaten up by Kevon Looney or something so he understands to rebound and set screens and so on, that's how it would work in the ABA

You'll know that this happened when he changes his name to Kevon Durant

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
NEW ORLEANS -- The nameplate above Terrence Jones’ locker at the Smoothie King Center has been incorrect since the season began. Jones spells his first name with three E's, yet his locker boasts a rogue A for a spelling of “Terrance Jones.” Jones’ jersey number on the display is off too. He wears No. 9 in New Orleans, but his locker claims No. 6, the one he wore with the Houston Rockets.

“It’s crazy, man,” Jones recently admitted.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jack's Flow posted:

Klay will be fine. His shot will come back. Zaza won't suddenly turn into Bogut though, which is a problem. Also, my new favorite player in the league is Devin Booker. Never stop shooting, Devin, you 15 year old rascal.

Welcome.... welcome

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Super Jay Mann posted:

The point of examining the ramifications of how the Warriors have built their team isn't to argue that they've become a terrible team or are not still likely to be the best team in the west or the league, it's to argue that perhaps the massive gulf between them and their immediate peers that we anticipated is either tighter than we thought or isn't even there anymore.

I think it's impossible to determine that 6 games into the season, it was bound to be awkward as hell

e: If anything it should make more people realize that real basketball isn't like fantasy and it doesn't matter how much talent you have, it takes time to learn how to play together properly and it will be ugly at times. Just like Miami. The talent gulf is definitely there and it's just a matter of time until they're making a lot of good teams look silly, unfortunately. I hope they SUCK though

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 7, 2016

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Al Horford got a concussion because he was spotted in a luxury car in one of Boston's many whites only neighborhoods and viciously attacked

He wouldn't cough up eyebrow sculpting and lip gloss tips so it's mostly his fault, the boys just want to look good

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Horford swept up by the Beantown Broom Squad

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Hahah http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17998828

I love you Phil

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

That's one degree away from an onion headline

Yeah I felt slightly bad for not posting about the content but I thought the headline would be a good surprise

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I guess i like him now. What I don't like is how poorly Kris Dunn is playing!

cisneros posted:

Shaq invented athletes posting on twitter though, and he was ok until he sold his account to advertisers.

No. Nuh-uh!

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Nov 9, 2016

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20161109_Sixers__losses_starting_to_stick_to_Brown.html

Any philly fans wanna clear up whether or not Brett Brown is really on the hot seat? Poor guy

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
"But you’re Christians. You’re supposed to be — at least you pride yourself on being the moral compass of our society." is one of the best things i've ever heard/read

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Niwrad posted:

Is Hoiberg the worst coach in the league? I'm being serious here. I can't find a coach from another team that I wouldn't take over him.

Gentry doesn't seem so great either, but yeah Fred for sure baby

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/BDawsonWrites/status/796398870448271360

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Props Department posted:

Any team getting to meet the president next year will be awkward.

Yeah i don't think they'll be going if they can get away with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Bogut reinforcing that he has never made a friend in the NBA

quote:

Q: You took some hits on the way out of town, though. Your durability was questioned …

A: “Oh, who cares? I don’t care.”

Q: Even though it seemed like it was coming from the inside (of the Warriors)?

A: “But that’s how it is. I don’t buy into the sources thing. I don’t buy into all that (expletive), because this league is so two-faced and everybody is so fake. The same people who made those comments will see me tomorrow and shake my hand and ask me how my family is. This league is full of people who are full of (expletive) and shallow, and that’s what you figure out in pro sports. It’s very hard to meet a genuine person who you can call your friend in this league. That’s just the reality, and I understand that.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I don't remember Bush having problems getting NBA teams there, even after Katrina. Granted I expect worse with Trump.

What does George W Bush, president from 2000-2008, have to do with this

• Locked thread