Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Only the truly great players can tell when they are on a fast break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Count Mippipopolous posted:

I have a confession:

I like Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy as announcers.

JVG is awesome. Mark Jackson sucks, but he's nowhere near as god-awful as we make him sound in here.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

He's gonna pass MJ for career points in the playoffs this year too as long as they make the finals (possibly before then depending on how long the other series go).

I was surprised to see how many fewer games it took MJ.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Imagine how much LeBron would whine if he played in the hand check era.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

aBagorn posted:

He would have grown up knowing that's how the game was played and arguably used his strength more to his advantage and just run over people.

He 'whines' BECAUSE it's not the hand check era and his game is tailored as such.

LeBron would have eaten the 90s NBA alive.

:lol: LeBron could poo poo his pants and you would explain how it's to his advantage.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: Forget it.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 8, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

dokmo posted:

The Antoine Walker Miami Heat

This was my favorite 2k7(?) team to play with. Jason Williams was a beast. Just cross people over until you had space to hit a midrange jumper. Shaq was unstoppable if you got the ball down low due to the slow as molasses, undefendable, turn and dunk animation. Wade was a "run at the basket and press the dunk button" machine. Posey and Kapono were great from downtown. Mourning and Haslem were great rim protectors and rebounders. Payton was a decent backup PG as well.

I loving loved that team.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

Haha there's only been 263 pairs of ZO2s sold.

WATCH OUT NIKE

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

LeBron is Drake then :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

Illmatic aged really badly and is pretty homophobic

This couldn't be more wrong. (Besides the homophobic part, but that was the rap scene back then). Illmatic still bangs, hard.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Which NBA player is Shyne?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don't know how I didn't think of this.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Steve Nash is Paul Wall (The People's Champ).

He's similar to an ant because he's low to the earth.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Patrick Ewing was my favorite player growing up, and I wore #33 on every sports team I've ever played for because of him. Hell tonight I'm playing softball as a 30 year old man and my jersey still has #33 on it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lockback posted:

It's better than JVG squawking about something trivial while the ref tries to get the players on the floor.

Wrong. JVG is TV gold.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lockback posted:

Spurs beating the Cavs in the Finals would be kinda funny.

This is the ideal outcome of this year's playoffs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dutchy posted:

More impressive carry job, 2001 Iverson or 2007 Lebron?

I say Iverson

Agreed.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

He has the respect of the locker room

Very hard to do on a team that's guaranteed to make the finals.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What the gently caress was Olynyk doing on that play?

Also, yea that's a pretty obvious 3 steps.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

All these teams interested in Rose and the Knicks couldn't get a single thing for him before the trade deadline.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TT's face when LeBron tried to say he hasn't gone bald :allears:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I love people who kill their best friends by being stupid and reckless!

:yeah:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It would suck if there was only one great team, but when you get to see Cleveland and Golden State face off in the finals every year I couldn't care less how far behind the rest of the league is.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jordan embraced his hair loss, rather than hiding it with a headband, getting (terrible) hair plugs, and denying on live TV that he is going bald.

Can't be the GOAT if you are insecure about your own appearance.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He had to stop his steroid use for medical reasons.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What shows up if you google him?!

Edit: Oh...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That list is terrible

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

gently caress you 9pm start time on a week day. West coast ballers are busters.

I have a softball double header tonight and don't get home until 11 or so. This is perfect for me. :getin:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How is Hakeem NOT better than Robinson?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Weird that he only wanted to score 70 one night out of his thousand or so games played.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

And how is that not a double dribble?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Femur posted:

People have either stop hating lebron,

Nope. I'm enjoying every second of this.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So humble

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

He didn't nickname himself that (it goes back to him in high school), and King _____ is the most common nickname in sports.

King Felix... is the only one I can think of ever hearing. Who else?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

calling it "the best move for his career" would be incredibly disingenuous. saying it like that implies his career was going downhill cause of the team he was on and thats demonstrably false.

No it literally was the best move. Using the word best doesn't have strings attached to it.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

words and phrases do, actually, have meaning rcarr im sorry but i looked it up and i think its true

or its wrong and i looked it up and it still says its true but if this is the reality we live in its gonna be rough times

How does using the word best have to imply his career was going downhill? That makes no sense. Like now that he's the best player in the league, it doesn't suddenly mean LeBron is some bum.

• Locked thread