Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Here on the ground floor to say parity is an illusion stop being a baby about it and enjoy watching basketball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LarksTongues posted:

Lurker checking in for the first time, I've been following this thread for years. As a wizards fan is there any silver lining this year? Obviously Durant wasnt going to happen, but we are counting on beal to stay healthy for a whole year, our bench is atrocious, and I still cant believe we panic traded a 1st last year for Morris. Oh and Scotty Brooks...

Scotty is a good coach don't let others say otherwise

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

Could be a blast, could be a bust. Hopefully Oladipo is absorbing some Russ Jedi.

It's going to be fun watching Adams make the leap

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

If the Sonics actually come back, Seattle fans better sell out the building for a decade.

They are never coming back

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

We sound like we're NPR having a posting drive, but that's just because this is pretty much the least dead and dumb thread on these dead and dumb forums and I want it to last forever ever ever ever *echoes into eternity*

Also because lurking is silly. Express your smart/dumb opinion

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Memphis!!! MEMPHIS

Hmmm ever think okc

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

When will you start releasing the poll results

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's going to be sabonis

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This owns

https://www.500level.com/collections/sagerstrong

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/bennettberry/status/791132333361561600

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

The Golden State Warriors got blown out in the 2016-2017 season opener despite having the previous two MVPs including the first unanimous MVP.

Was Durants mom in the building?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

what is a funnier prospect: golden state has an awful season, misses the playoffs, or golden state has a record breaking season and loses to lebron in the finals again, or both KD and SC tear their ACLs in a horrible mid court collision (this one would be sad :()

Golden State losing to okc in the playoffs

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Today the rookie of the year debuts. That's right domantas sabonis is going to rock your world

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Warriors getting blown out made me so loving ready for this season. I can't wait for them to win 60 games, come in 2nd in the conference and be lambasted by literally everyone as a complete failure.

Also for KD to be shook af and leave in free agency

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Tonight starts the All Star Steven Adams tour. I'm excited. #ThunderUp

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kibner posted:

You are off the Buddy train, I take it? Also, I get to see him and the Nuggets' bugs in person tonight. :cool:

I love Buddy I just think him coming off the bench hurts his chances a lot

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Re Durant Rebounding: he's fine but I wouldn't say he's good at it by any means

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

So I guess what is your explanation as to why he consistently rebounds near the top of his position? Luck, there are rebounds other players don't care about? I can see pointing to those stats over a short amount of time to say someone is just having the ball bounce his way, but at some point it stops becoming luck.

Durant gets a lot of rebound because he's good at chasing down free balls. When it comes to boxing out and fighting for the ball he's not good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Westbrook rebound numbers were inflated because the bigs would allow Russ to take rebounds as a design play

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

I certainly feel like Serge and Adams did a bunch of holding dudes and elbowing them so OKC's skilled players could start the break.

there's a reason Steve and Ibaka were voted the dirtiest players in the league by their peers!

Wait when was this poll taken

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I love adams

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

RaySmuckles posted:

lmao, i tried to watch first take just to hear some people talk about the game last night and my god, my god, Stephen A Smith is loving awful. loving awful. it was painful.

Why would you do this to yourself

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I love Russ

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
My takeaway from the game is dipo looked nervous and needs to pass the ball. Also Russ might actually raise his rebound average to double digits

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

He always looks nervous, the stupid stuff he does just sometimes ends up falling. It's gonna be nerve-wracking for you but i wish for the best

I have faith in the organization. They will get dipo to calm down and make a decision a half a second faster

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jota posted:

He was getting roasted on defense by loving Nik Stauskas. I do not have faith in Dipo.

Russ is gonna average a triple double this year though.

You don't understand that poo poo just happens against okc.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

I doubt it. He just doesn't have that mental gear where "the game slows down for him", as they say. He can't keep up with his own physical ability because he lacks a feel for the game, and I know all that sounds like vague bullshit but I'm being very specific - an important part of "basketball iq" is not just being able to make the right decision analytically, but having your first instinct BE the right decision. It's not really a teachable skill because it's not conscious or applicable in situations where you have time to think. Dipo is a smart guy with great physical tools, but he's not a natural basketball player and it makes him very erratic.

Ah so he's like Serge.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

On offense yes, but Dipo is like that on defense too while Ibaka seems to have good instincts on that end.

Yeah I'm specifically talking offense. Dipo will be fine once he gets acclimated with the system despite what y'all are saying I BELIEVE

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/791474549862825984?s=09

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Spacebump: I wasn't attacking your assetion, it's just accepted that Bogut is an illegal screener extradonaire, Kevin Garnett Level. This is a good question for the thread: Who do you think is the best defensive big of the last 10 years who didn't set blatantly illegal screens
[

Trick question all the greats set illegal screens

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Today scotty brooks is officially back :hellyeah:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

?????

I'm saying it's the best possible ?

The best possible is how the Thunder was built

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I think tanking is a legitimate and good strategy; I like hinkie but I think he took it to an extreme that wasn't good. You need some vets to help get the young player adjusted to the NBA lifestyle.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/791833094516977665

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please be good Sacramento for boogies sake

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

KD has reached a new never before seen level of shookness. And it's only game one :laffo:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/791858809249509376

Oh. My. God

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

I find it hilarious that Embiid grew up in an upper middle class home and his mom drove a Mercedes but when he came to America he told people he killed a lion because Americans will believe anything and then Americans believed it.

Link?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ragle posted:

Charlotte are capped out and over-performed last year to finish 6th in the East, the other 2 franchises are terrible...

Charlotte is a good team that could be a top 4 seed this year

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Oh my God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jack's Flow posted:

Right on. I've learned today that a friend of mine has cancer. She's my age, has a child. gently caress it all.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

gently caress Cancer.

NickRoweFillea posted:

shoutout to boosie

• Locked thread