Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Salt (bae) and burn American culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I think every person has their own GOAT because at the end of the day it's all subjective given different play styles, rules, and talent pools. To me the GOAT is the player who first captured your imagination. The player who you always pretended to be when you were a kid playing ball with your friends.

My first experience with basketball was as a newly arrived immigrant during the Clutch City era in Houston so my GOAT will always be Hakeem.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Super Jay Mann posted:

What is this namby pamby kumbaya nonsense? You may personally think Hakeem or whoever else is the GOAT but you better be prepared to throw the gauntlet and back it up whenever somehow shows up and tells you that your preferred GOAT ain't worth jack. And if you can't do it then guess what, he's right and you're wrong.

I don't see any of these other supposed GOATs fasting for a month.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Hakeem also had the original cheap sponsored basketball shoe.

Shoutout if getting a pair of Spalding Dreams at Payless was all your parents could afford

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

EvanTH posted:

Best Sport

Who do I send money to to get a printed verison of this that I can frame.

Completely serious

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Well the Rockets were favored by 9 and lost by 39. A 48 point difference has gotta be one of the highest in playoff history?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Knicks apparently fired KP's favorite assistant

quote:

As their relationship with Kristaps Porzingis sits on rocky terrain, the Knicks made a curious decision to not renew the contract of popular assistant Josh Longstaff, the Daily News has learned.

Longstaff was one of the few remaining holdovers of Derek Fisher's original staff, but more importantly he developed a connection with multiple current players -- most notably Porzingis -- and went overseas last year to help train the Latvian forward. Porzingis had even requested that Longstaff serve as an assistant on his Latvian national team this summer for the European championships, as the News previously reported.

The reasons for cutting ties with Longstaff are unclear, but a member of the organization called him the hardest-working on the staff. It's worth noting the Knicks are moving forward with a heavy focus on the triangle at all levels of the organization, including Longstaff's former role in player development.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-cut-ties-assistant-josh-longstaff-article-1.3184188

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Am I missing something because didn't KD play Lebron already once in the finals

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

milk milk lemonade posted:

Also 538's basketball analysis is contextless drivel

I think Nate Silver/some other dude at 538 has specifically said that playoff vs. regular season LeBron breaks their model

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Redgrendel2001 posted:

At first I thought this was footage of Derek Fisher's DUI arrest.

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/872568255306706944

I can never get enough of Derek Fisher looking like a fool.

For example, he almost almost single-handedly created Linsanity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqW9UoYRpLI

• Locked thread