Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Hello, my name is Jack's Flow, and you can find me at the back of the coffeeshop on level 3 of the Golden State Hate Zone. I like the Warriors, Devin Booker, and Ben Gordon, who is a misunderstood butterfly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Good luck, Bulls fans.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

straight up brolic posted:

Into The Wild is actually about the mental journey to becoming a Sacramento Kings fan

Which explains this feature of their arena:

quote:

Living wall gardens lining the exterior of the arena consist of local plants and edibles that are watered via a drip irrigation system from water runoff collected from the roof.

Dig in, Kings fan. Godspeed.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Well, that sucked.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

TheKevman posted:

I don't think this is gonna be a short thing and I think you're gonna get really stupid Warriors fans rumbling and grumbling as they probably go like 13-7 in their first 20.

I made $100 off one of my regulars at work tonight taking the Spurs at +15 (the line was +8.5 but Warriors homers are the best) and by halftime after they tried to make their run and the Spurs blew it back to like 20, I was pretty happy lol.

Yeah, I hope people did not expect them to start 20-0 or whatever.

Of course they did.

Time to watch Jazz-Blazers.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 26, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I've heard Anthony Davis is good at playing basketball. I might have to look into this.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Hang in there, Dirk.

Only 81 games to go. :smith:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Wade Baldwin IV. What a solid name. I picture bespoke tailoring and cuban cigars.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Jota posted:

Namaste. He's a trash rear end piece of poo poo with a stupid voice and he looks like sam cassell hosed a horse and i hate him

preemptive "that's a mirror"

I get it. I feel exactly like that about Mike Dunleavy Jr.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Redgrendel2001 posted:

gently caress Cancer.

Right on. I've learned today that a friend of mine has cancer. She's my age, has a child. gently caress it all.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
God, Anthony Davis is unbelievable. Also, he's 23. Which feels impossible.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Papercut posted:

His transition to small forward has gone well for two games!

I saw him hit a 3-pointer the other night and immediately fired an e-mail to League Pass customer support, because something was definitely broken.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Zogo posted:

GmSc of 39.7+ in back to back games. Only Michael Jordan, David Robinson, Charles Barkley and Antawn Jamison have done that since 1984.

Yeah, baby! And I'm not even kidding. Antawn was great, one of my favorite Warriors.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
If Steph wasn't around, Lillard would be my favorite point guard in the league. He's amazing.

edit:

https://twitter.com/PicknSaveStores/status/792455982232117248

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 30, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Jesus, that's a lot of money for a player like Oladipo.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Papercut posted:

Evan Turner deal looking bett.... ugh gently caress this I can't even do it.

Condolences.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I love juice. Juice bar talk is great.

Also:

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/793166760669175808

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

straight up brolic posted:

DWade autocorrecting to WoW is a stunning indictment

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
So many guys posting video game type numbers, it's delicious.

I am still out on DeRozan though. My 16 year old self would have embraced that guy, because tough jumpers with a man in your face? All day! Now I can only see JV not getting the ball for another season, while the Raptors will live and ultimately die on DeRozan going 1-on-1 in the 4th quarter of an important playoff game. I know he's good, but he's definitely not for me.

edit:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/02/sports/basketball/charles-oakley-knicks-cleveland.html

quote:

On Saturday, the Knicks celebrated the franchise’s 70th anniversary by honoring several former players and family members at halftime of their home opener at Madison Square Garden. Oakley was not among them. He cannot understand why he has been exiled. To him, it is beyond comprehension.

“One day,” he said, “they gonna need me for something.”

In the meantime, Oakley is staying busy. In recent years, he has channeled his competitive drive toward cooking, a longtime passion. He will cater your private event — yes, Charles Oakley and a staff of one (“somebody to serve drinks”) will show up at your house to cook for you and your friends. For 25 to 30 people, he charges around $20,000. “I’m available,” Oakley said. “I’m not cheap, but I’m available.”

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Nov 2, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The Ringer on the Spurs' Dewayne Dedmon:

https://theringer.com/the-spurs-have-unearthed-a-rough-gem-for-the-post-duncan-era-4b01a7173d80#.xkkf0lhdu

edit:

The Ben Simmons thing is great.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 2, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
OK, I was wrong. DeRozan will bring the MVP trophy to Canada.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I just watched OKC - Clippers. Now I need a shower. Ugh.

Also, I love this so much:

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/793967593996615681

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Spacebump posted:

One more loss and it's the worse franchise start ever :negative: To newer NBA fans that might not seem so bad but if you're familiar with the 90s Mavs you understand how awful it really is.

For what it's worth, I have fond memories of the Mashburn/Jackson/Kidd seasons. We shall not mention the years before that though. Dark times. Medieval times.

God, I loved Monster Mash. He dropped 50 on Scottie Pippen and I was the happiest kid in high school.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRR3Jx8RvoI

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Ok, that was fun. I was expecting OKC to win in a close one with Russell going nuts, or the Warriors blowing them out. Glad the latter happened. Also, Klay wasn't total poo poo, and Durant continues to make me very happy.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Nov 4, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Solid. I laughed.

Also, gently caress last night. Ugh.

I can deal with Golden State making GBS threads the bed. But I don't want to see Dirk hobble into the sunset. Not like this. Not like this!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Alright, DeMar, you've made your point. You can stop taking whatever next level poo poo you're on right now.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

E2M2 posted:

Looney looks way better than David West

I'm the one guy around here who never liked David West, so seeing him getting viciously dunked on was the highlight of the night for me.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
All Star Cedric Ceballos? That's my jam.

edit:

If a player has hair like this

don't sign him. Easy rule to follow.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 5, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Punkin Spunkin posted:

You didn't think You could just "kill" him and he'd stay buried did you? His soul burns you will never be rid of him

Somebody in New Orleans already stepped in front of a mirror and said "Pierre" five times. He's definitely back.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 6, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Embiid and Rodriguez are very fun to watch. The rest of the roster, sadly, not so much. Also, Ilyasova is like Jeff Green insofar that fans are usually excited when their team gets him, but after a couple of weeks/months they realize that the dude is just blah.

edit:

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/795248888324247553

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Nov 6, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

The Stein thing surprises me. I always thought he was a big Dirk/Mavs homer. Also, what's Parsons' deal? I guess he's not clubbing with Cuban anymore.

Also, I'm glad Luke's Lakers are winning games. They've been fun to watch.

edit:

https://twitter.com/nikebasketball/status/793523775169933313

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Nov 7, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Lockback posted:

This should solve his national media bias problem.

Cuban warming up for his presidential run 2020.

Klay will be fine. His shot will come back. Zaza won't suddenly turn into Bogut though, which is a problem. Also, my new favorite player in the league is Devin Booker. Never stop shooting, Devin, you 15 year old rascal.

edit:

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/795624655105101824

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 7, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Lockback posted:

Golden State probably should keep all their guys.

We let the wrong coach walk. Burn it all down.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Jill Stein, Green Party

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I watched Curry set fire to the sky, and yet I was worried going into the 4th quarter that the Warriors would find a way to lose. I feel bad for the Pelicans and Davis though.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 8, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

euphronius posted:

Rod Strickland is still the best Washington pg ever

Truth!

Also, keep it up, James Harden. Maybe you can crack 3rd team All NBA this year!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/795824228524298240

New coach, 7 games into the season. All Star break can't come soon enough.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/796056172688068608

You can't make this stuff up. Knicks gonna Knick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Yeah, I've watched two Wizard games this season, and that team just isn't very good. Some people probably still expect Porter to make the jump, but eh, I don't think that's going to happen. John Wall will punch the warp speed button and go coast to coast two or three times per game, and that's great stuff, but other than that? There isn't much to like.

• Locked thread