Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Spoeank posted:

I've never been so excited about a sports thing as I am for the Russell Westbrook scorched earth campaign

Yeah I don't know if what they have will work or not, but I'm more excited to see what the Thunder do than any other team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

wandler20 posted:

Go Thunder. They should sure be fun to watch this year and I hope Russ does many cool Russ things. Hopefully Dipo also does cool things.

Thinking about getting League Pass for OKC this year, anyone use it and have an opinion on it?

I've never purchased one of the league pass things because I have cable and there's usually enough games on that sates my basketball bloodlust. The downside is that you have to watch a lot of Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, and LA Lakers games because of population demographics and not because of good basketball.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I'm ready to crown Davis as the MVP as soon as he can remain healthy for any amount of time and lead the Pelicans to anything. I think he's a fantastic world class player but I'm pretty sure the hype train has been derailed after *injury list excel table jpg*

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I watched games on TNT's website last year and my cable package links up with their online stream. If yours does too you should be able to watch live games. That's probably how I'll watch them tonight.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sounds like your were the victim of an illegal screen
I will see myself out

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Swift is one of the all time saddest NBA career arcs

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Is there still a gambling thread? I'm heading to Vegas this weekend and might have to make some bad basketball moves.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Curry's 2015-16 is the best single season a PG has ever posted in the NBA. I don't even know how it will ever be topped. It's literally unparalleled in NBA history.

Claiming that the NBA finals made Kyrie the superior point guard is maybe the most laughably bad opinion I've ever seen expressed on the NBA forum in years of posting here. I can't even believe there's a Cleveland homer bold enough to post it. That's literally batshit insane.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Rick posted:

This is not equivalent to what I said.

That's true. To be great you have to be able to win either home or away, and you have to be able to win without either your left or right knee.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

cravius posted:

Curry had the greatest shooting season ever. Not the greatest PG season ever.

He had both. Those two items aren't mutually exclusive in any way.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Both of those contracts are good. Do the Thunder actually merchandise with the Buffalo up thing? It's better than their default generic orange poo poo.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

How is there ever enough demand from anyone in any geographic region to support a juice bar? Whenever I see one I immediately just think it must be a drug front because that's the only way you could ever make one profitable.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Anyone have any hot takes for the last week of the NBA? I've been travelling and missing almost all of it. Looking at the standings I'm shocked/sad that the Mavs and Pels are both winless.

I won money in Las Vegas betting on the Sacramento Kings.

Doubleheader on TNT looks awesome tonight.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Kibner posted:

If Buddy Hield had been playing starter minutes this season, he would have been regarded as worse than rookie Austin Rivers.

Pretty much every prospect I think is going to be awesome in the draft always turns out sucking big time. My draft predictions are like the anti-hype engine.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

RaySmuckles posted:

reggie miller is the worst basketball announcer i've ever had the displeasure of listening to

i like sean elliot, but i also love the spurs and he deserves his reputation as a homer

too bad for boston, they came back but couldn't sustain it.

Yeah Reggie sucks bad on commentary. Not only that he seems like he's gotten worse with experience.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Last two posts are fire. Nice work. Warriors got ran out of the arena by the Lakers tonight, my god.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Questions I don't actually know the answers to:

Is Durant better or worse on defense than Barnes?

Same question Zaza v Bogut?

Or is it a wash and the defensive poo poo is the fault of the other three?

Or were the Warriors always pretty bad at defense and just made up for it with much better and more efficient scoring?

It seems like everything about their team looks worse so far which isn't explained by Durant who has played better than anyone.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

We all know the truth
Bring Pierre back and this'll all stop
You didn't think You could just "kill" him and he'd stay buried did you? His soul burns you will never be rid of him

You can't kill him, he'll just come back stronger and with more followers.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Since the Pels and Sixers are both racing to the bottom at this point, I wonder what the Pels would look like if they had never made the draft night deal to send Noel out for Holiday in the first place. Then I realized there were a bunch of cascading moves after that which made it hard to analyze. In retrospect it is really hard to justify.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

If a goal tend is really stylish I think you can bend the rules, basically the same as traveling

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

euphronius posted:

Rod Strickland is still the best Washington pg ever

Plus he's in a Wu-Tang Clan song.

Jack's Flow posted:

https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/795824228524298240

New coach, 7 games into the season. All Star break can't come soon enough.

Why are the Pacers so bad? I kind of expected them to be Top 4/5 in the East; however, they have a pretty poo poo record and point differential. Their schedule so far hasn't been insanely difficult either so.

I haven't seen them play yet this season, I'm genuinely curious what the deal is.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Gynecolojustice posted:

How can the Wizards improve

Probably start over.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

EvanTH posted:

I warned y'all about all of this. Election results to Davis' resurgence to the problems with the new GSW squad. It's time you stopped reading the mainstream news and start listening only to my posts.

:agreed:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party blew a 3 point lead in the election

The 3-1 3-1 +3% of our time

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When Stan said to form a loving wall he had no idea what he was asking for in terms of immigration policy and border politics. He couldn't have known back then.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

37 points and 7 threes last night for Zach :allears:

drat he was 7/9 from downtown last night that's crazy.

I remember people talking about how if he ever developed an outside game he would be superstar tier good. Is that finally here?

Pretty exciting stat line.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

He could also start activating Lucas to do a two PG lineup since he's more of a scoring PG anyways.

It was here last year but nobody noticed because DUNKZ

That's fair. I also only noticed DUNKZ so I'm partially guilty.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Just looking at Doug McDermott you would assume he would be a lights out open look shooter. That said, he's probably coasting on that fact at this point and not delivering poo poo.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Bogut rules and politics chat in SAS drools

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Everyone who predicted that the Wolves were going to win 50 games has to give me 40 dollars

Why the gently caress are they so bad? They have the 6th best point differential in the West but the 11th best record. Just bad luck in close games? Something else?

What even is this? That's not a cushion that's like an entire set of chair pads stacked into one.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Adun posted:

Yo like LeBron's whole point was that your view is hosed up and wrong and that's what he's trying to correct. LeBron himself is saying that he's a client of Maverick and Rich Paul and that they have built successful businesses on their own.

A guy who is supposed to be the general manager of an NBA team should know that as well

I agree that posse is derogatory to target people who only have merit based on a famous friend, I also don't think Lebron's friends exceed that qualification. They are all literally only in the positions they have because they know Lebron.

So I don't know.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

What are they doing at halftime to play their third quarters that badly? It's practically comical.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Are HS Grads eligible for the D-League? I thought it was under the same restrictions as the NBA in terms of draft/playing eligibility.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I'm not sure if you could fire Jackson on the basis of his moves, because literally every person on the planet who watches basketball knew what the Knicks were doing was insanely stupid, and the Knicks did it anyways. The whole management chain green lit that poo poo.

So really if anyone should be fired it should be their entire decision-making structure up to and including ownership.

The guy who scouted Zingis can stay, that's about it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

Dion Waiters seems like the most budget/poor man's player but I have no idea who he's the poor man's version of

A poor man's replacement level shooting guard.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Metapod posted:

Little bit of Kobe and a little bit of Wade

Like in the way that he may have tasted their perspiration when he failed to guard them or...?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Views from the 6 is literally just Drake talking about being in the sixth row at a Raptors game and wanting to holler at Doris Burke.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Dion Waiters has a 6 per this year and has never posted a positive BPM or VORP in his entire career. He's like the definition of a dumpster fire rolling down the street in a flood.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

In an extremely small sample size one time over five years Dion Waiters was a net positive player and we will all cherish that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Metapod posted:

I'm getting the feeling you don't get irony

Since this sentiment has been posted at me about 15 times in the last 10 years I'm going to assume you are right.

• Locked thread