Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Spacebump posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeSGallagher/status/830848446978363392

Their defense will improve. This move might be enough to guarantee Denver the 8 seed.

Remember this is the Plumlee that learned the art of illegal screens from KG in Brooklyn.

Yeah I dunno about Plumlee guarding 4s--it's seems like uncharted territory, but clearly Denver believes it'll work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I want this to be like the 2015 deadline where almost every team got extremely weird and 10% of the league got traded.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
yeah, Masai shoulda traded Patterson, CoJo, Powell, and #9 for Serge.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Serge boutta get paaaaaid, and good on him.

also, all said and done Orlando paid 15 draft spots and whatever minor difference there is between Oladipo and Ross to take a run at the 8 seed with Serge. It was a fuckup, but this could've ended worse for them.

Bush Did Outer Heaven fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 14, 2017

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/831544316405350400

yo, every team in the NBA that isn't Golden State or Cleveland: time to make a run and get extremely weird at the trade deadline, consequences be damned.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Away all Goats posted:

My only hang up about the Ibaka trade is that didn't he get traded because he wasn't getting enough touches in OKC? Can't imagine Lowry/DeRozan are gonna be moving the ball much more than WB/KD.

But if Ibaka is cool with essentially being a role player again then neat. Assuming this move sends the Raptors to another ECF trip I could see Masai signing everyone back, including max deals for Lowry/Ibaka

Also goodbye Ross, I'm gonna miss your sweet windmill dunks. I hope this is a wake up call for him because he has all the tools and talent to be a legit all star in this league.

Presti & Donovan promised Serge an increased role on offense, but it ended with Adams and Kanter taking most of his touches that weren't catch and shoot opportunities. Serge's last two playoff runs up to the WCF have been pretty impressive, despite his regular season malaise. The big threats to put in a 4 year max offer for Serge could be like Minnesota or Brooklyn, but I think Serge will take a discount in exchange for a 5th year on a good team. Toronto still might need to dump Carroll and maybe CoJo to avoid the tax, but I don't think Serge is going to command a 5-year max at all.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/832653105925742592

gob bless

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
it's 'bout time someone traded for jeff green again.

also, if SVG wants his old guys back, he's welcome to kyle singler.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
someone find out where Wilson Chandler thinks dinosaur fossils came from.

he could be the perfect fit in oklahoma.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Tae posted:

Aaron Gordan has a bone bruise on his foot. Frankly, I'm amazed he even came out to the dunk contest because that is a really bad injury

it's kind of all he has at this point so good on the young man.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
*turns NBA Trade Deadline Weirdometer from "Swapping plumlees" to "All Stars being auctioned off"*

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

WhyteRyce posted:

meh I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to Cousins trade rumors because his name is out there pretty much every year and nothing happens so I'm just numb to everything now

this particular set of leaks feels like a bunch of strategic maneuvering by people within the Kings (and Pels?) trying to tie the hands of Vlade and Ranadive.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
lmao Denver thought they were gettin that 8 seed

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Lockback posted:

If Langston Galloway gets waived he's going to Cleveland, right? Or will someone claim him off waivers. I don't remember the last time that happened.

Reverse standings for teams with space. I would have to think both of Philly and Brooklyn have interest in a guard who can shoot a little for like 2 mil remaining this year then a player option for 5 mil.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Tae posted:

Every time the CBA overreacts to a super team like the Heat or Warriors, the rest of the NBA pay dearly.

The owners overreacting to Durant leaving basically decided Vivek in trading away Cousins because of the new super max rule.

The DPE seems to have contributed for sure, but it's also hard to know if the Kings were finished with Cousins regardless.

The point about the CBA overreacting to Durant and solving it in the bluntest, stupidest way possible is one that needs to be echoed though. The consequence of this summer's FA was "make it financially irrational for all-NBA players to leave the team that drafted them" instead of, "write a clause that apportions sudden cap increases more evenly across NBA players instead of those who randomly happen to be UFAs when the the new tv deal is signed".

but hey they solved superteams by giving organizations who draft good players an unearned advantage. i guess.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Metapod posted:

Stay away 😠😠😠

I don't think Wilson Chandler is actually good. I mean, he's better than what Sabonis is currently doing as a 20 year old rookie, but like, why

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Tae posted:

Sabonis is a 4/5, Wilson Chandler is a 3 that can occasionally play the 4. The Thunder would be replacing Andre Roberson or Morrow as far as SF goes. He's a 2-way player that the Thunder heavily lack in.

Yeah, I'm kind of curious who Chandler will end up guarding by the end of that contract. I understand that OKC desperately needs wing scoring, but Chandler takes 47% of his shots within 10 feet of the basket, and he's a career 34 percent shooter from 3. While he provides a pretty clear upgrade over Roberson is every dimension of offense, he doesn't meaningfully address the Thunder's problems with shooting and spacing. I don't think he'll provide enough spacing to unlock the Russ-Adams spread p-r because he needs to be in the paint to score efficiently himself.

The flip side is that the Thunder currently have the 7th best defense and Roberson is a significant component of that according to all the usual metrics and my perception of the team. I'm not even sure which other players are really contributing to the defense on a consistent basis outside of Roberson and Adams (only Russ and Jerami Grant also have a positive DBPM). I think the benefits of adding another paint scorer who can't reliably hit a 3 would be outweighed by the loss of Roberson overall. Marginalizing or trading Morrow is no big deal because he's expiring and not in the team's plans, but I'm hesitant to toss Roberson and hope Adams can maintain the team's defense basically on his own.

If the Thunder make a move at the deadline, I expect it to be driven more by their use-it-or-lose-it 7.4 million dollars worth of cap space and Roberson's impending RFA as opposed to an actual belief that they can change their fortunes in the playoffs this season. Of course, I can't predict what Denver wants for Chandler--if it's Cameron Payne and Kyle Singler, than have it, but I suspect they want something better.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Zogo posted:

Going by what?

bballref's defensive ratings adjusted for opponent offense. They fall to 10th behind Charlotte, NOP, and the Heat using per100.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
remember the time Dwyane Wade signed with the Bulls and then they traded him to Denver? good stuff.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Cool Buff Man posted:

If Boston gets Butler he's just going to gain 75 pounds at Wahlburger

*googles "Wahlburger"*

oh come on

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
To compete at a high level, the Lakers are going to have to do well in the draft!

The Lakers need to develop their young talent in order to succeed in the future!

I just traded Jordan Clarkson for some mutual funds!

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
maybe Magic's weird public persona is a thin veneer, and underneath it he's a savvy evaluator of ta-

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/793147180932403200

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
https://twitter.com/bball_ref/status/834167091083300866

when basketball reference is subtweeting you, poo poo's gone reaaaal sideways.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
a back alley knife fight for Lou Williams is what the trade deadline is all about.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
woe to the man who insults steven adams' visage on the internet.

Bush Did Outer Heaven fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 24, 2017

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Cool Buff Man posted:

Dear Ball Boys, you may want a new negotiatior if your dad thinks $100 million over 10 years is $1 billion

lol

the younger Ball spending an entire game cherrypicking and making layups to score like 92 points seems to sum this family up pretty nicely.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
In this week's edition of "The Warriors Misdirected Anger Stemming from Blowing a 3-1 Lead in the NBA Finals" we have some poo poo about kevin durant and oklahoma city.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

NickRoweFillea posted:

We're all going to die because our president is retarded. Enjoy this slam courtesy of an immigrant

https://instagram.com/p/BSkNJLeBYD4/

those ronald mcdonald looking motherfuckers deserve to get slammed on

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Phil Jackson not being able to let go of the loving "3 pointers are actually bad" thing and casually bringing it up in his analysis of KP is so petty and heartwarming.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Boston undone by the very player they nearly acquired is peak NBA Shakespeare.

not to mention the Bulls wouldn't even be in the playoffs had they traded Butler

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Metapod posted:

i just want a solid backup pg and its not looking like it will happen. I miss eric maynor

i'm ready op

I'm fairly confident they can upgrade the position. If they can wiggle down to get their full MLE, that's Shelvin Mack, Darren Collison, territory probably. The mini-MLE is maybe good for a Ty Lawson, Langston Galloway type. I'd really prefer to avoid a tiny old roasted vet like Calderon or Sessions.

Either one of Galloway or Mack seems like a good fit to me if they can be had for some variation of the new MLE. It also seems like everyone's anticipating trades involving Terry Rozier or Corey Joseph, so maybe OKC gets in on that. Seems inevitable that Presti makes a trade involving some combination of: #21, Grant, McDermott, Abrines, and/or Kanter.

They're trying to upgrade from the worst rotation player in the league. If they pull an absolute junkman like Calderon off the garbage heap, then it's still hypothetically an upgrade.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Ghost Dog posted:

manu ginobli dunked the heat dynasty apart at the tender age of two hundred and forty six

not only that, but he banished the goblin king Ray Allen to retirement for all eternity with that dunk. This was also the last postseason of Bosh's career, which is surreal in hindsight that he went out gettin yammed on by Manu, but then again, no shame in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDa5dpHzvTY

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
OJ Mayo was last seen in Kenya wearing traditional garb, hunting lions with a spear. I don't see any way the spear hunting gets his TS% above league average.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/status/873376341567184896

I didn't hear this, but I do NOT approve of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
evanTH is right, and if I don't have to hear political candidates and vote outcomes clumsily imputed on sports teams and athlete's personalities until I'm a reanimated corpse resurrected by an evil wizard ten-loving-thousand years from now it will still be infinity years too soon.

• Locked thread