Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

>:[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Esports is rrrreeeaaallllll

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I've been a hater since forever but I watched some Counterstrike on TBS the other day and honestly...it was pretty entertaining.

The e league presentation is far and away the best it's been on tv, it's nice

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't know what this means

Google tyus jones and place a pic of his mug beside this one

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Spacebump posted:

This is where I'd normally advocate for Blue Bell but they let people die to have higher profit margins. What's the NBA comp for blue bell?

What's the NBA equivalent to giving someone listeria?

Also cherry Garcia , Jesus Christ no

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Chunky Munky is the GOAT, but I'm also a mutant who loves pistacho pistacho a whole lot so what do I know

oh wait I know cherry garcia is garbage, I do know that

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

EvanTH posted:

New
York
Super
Fudge
Chunk

i do love this stuff

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://vine.co/v/5Ua90LW2mit

just wanna leave this here

k3mba god

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Nick I'm not gonna lie i respect you but it feels very good to return the rear end beating favor tonight

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

AggressivelyStupid posted:

31st time in his career LeBron was a single rebound or assist shy of a triple double.

Coasted his way to 44/9/10

I didn't get to watch the game tonight, but apparently y'all killed Kemba!? What happened

E: https://twitter.com/hornetspr/status/807782966575398912

;~;

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 11, 2016

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lockback posted:

Simmons says McHale is a true unicorn, which is defined as someone we'll never see again. Davis is not a true Unicorn because we've seen him before in McHale. Hmm.

this is the part that blew my mind

Lebron isn't a true unicorn because of some imaginary character that will be like him down the line, but even though Davis is already the EVOLUTIONARY MCHALE, McHale is still a unicorn.

?????

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

morestuff posted:

Yeah, the cream got hoovered up pretty quickly and most people just got tired of writing for free. I wrote for the Hornets TrueHoop blog for a couple years and made like $40

bless you sir

also I only caught the last minute of the hornets lakers game, were the lakers just on fire or was our defense really bad

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

It's not LeBron

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

Hold the phone, you're saying you're not going to watch football because of shitheads and then you cheer the team owned by Michael Jordan?

MJ's shitheaded-ness is like 5 tiers below most other owners in the league.

e: also please dont run off a Hornet Friend, there are so very few of us

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmao

kemba, no

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

lmao

I feel kinda bad for Kemba since he's probably fighting for an all star spot right now and that's not gonna help his case.

I feel like he has to get in there on stats alone, right? I mean he's carrying this team right now

also there's the extra corny walker texas ranger videos they're putting out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHx195pHlGE

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lowry doesn't even play in the United States, Kyrie requires a non all star level of white women gently caress boats, John wall is getting carried by his justifiably paid Batman Bradley Neal, and Isiah Thomas is too small and stole his name from another star PG.

boom, Kemba #1 pg in the east

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Kyle Lowry plays in canada, all his stats are artificially inflated by the free healthcare

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Can you undersmeeeeeeellllllllllllllll

What the subrock

Is cookin'?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

chunkles posted:

It looks like that 3v3 league for retired players is coming along, maybe they could eventually do something like that

what is this now?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

Haha check out buddy when he post

lmao, had to watch it again. The laugh makes me laugh irl, i laugh so hard

Henchman of Santa posted:

Ice Cube is starting a 3v3 halfcourt league for retired players that might be a traveling thing.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck yea

e: http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/12/30/ice-cube-pro-basketball-league-big3-jermaine-oneal-jason-williams/

im so all about this, this is EXTREMELY my poo poo, white chocolate already commited, YES LORD

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 31, 2016

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Doltos posted:

What a bitch rear end ref. No one was reacting to it because not a single player on that court thought it was anything at all.

Yeah I don't really care what Austin had said before, if it was bad enough he would've been ejected for that instead. This is a punk rear end ref move.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

NotWearingPants posted:

Are you sure it's that Jason Williams?

No, but the last time I saw video of him, he was stunting on white dudes at his local Rec, so this seems perfect for him.

E: the only other Jason Williams spelled that way is some dude who plays in Israel now so yeah I think it's white chocolate

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 31, 2016

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Parmesan Basil posted:

Hornets have a good chance to win big tonight against the Cavs. I think it's gonna be a wild game!

is lebron not playing or something?

I'm going to a NYE party and im sure we'll be watching clemson v ohio instead, but if the cavs even pretend to care about the game, then no, we don't have a great chance.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Jack's Flow posted:

Rose had a dunk last night. People won't vote him into the All-Star game, right? Right?!

he is not and will never be back!!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Kyrie and Dunleavy (lol) are out tonight.

The cavs are starting Jordan McRae and DeAndre Liggins at the guards

we'll still lose ;~;

anyways, someone console me and tell me how it'll get better for marvin and nic batum after they got paid and turned back into pumpkins

its just a slump right, its just a temporary thing, once we get into the playoffs they'll find the spark and each go 45%+ from 3pt on super good usage?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Reminder that not only did Muggsy Bogues somehow have a decade-long NBA career, but he was also a lottery pick.

Think about that for a moment: a 5'3" NBA Draft lottery pick

Idk if he's still involved but a year or two ago he was a Hornets ambassador so he and MJ are at least kind of cool after the "shoot it you ducking midget" incident. Or at least I like to think so.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

JEREMY loving LIN HAS MORE VOTES THAN KEMBA??

I hate all of you

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I just realized the hornets were playing tonight, and we're up 20 on the raptors.

How many starters are out for the raptors? I ask because we've fallen all the way apart over the past 10 games, so I expect either A. the raps are sandbagging and will come all the way back and win by 10 in regulation, or B. kyle and demar are chilling in a restaurant taking the night off tonight

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I get it, Ricky can't score and scoring PGs are very important in today's NBA..

but reggie jackson is a trash rear end in a top hat, why thibs, why?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

We're not missing any starters, but our only shotblocker (Bebe) is out on a concussion. But it doesn't matter, there is something wrong with the Raps right now.

I don't know what Raptors team managed to record the best offensive rating in the league this season, but that team has been missing for about 4 games now.

kemba is going the gently caress off, he's probably mad that he's behind jeremy lin and derrick rose on the all star list

GET EM KEMBA

Henchman of Santa posted:

Thibs wants to replicate his successful Bulls run of building great defenses out of teams full of bad defenders

what's reggie even like on defense? I'm expecting bad because I don't like reggie jackson and I think he's at best a mediocre scoring pg who just pisses everyone else on his team off because he's an rear end in a top hat

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Tom Thibodaux (thanks phone) is trash

psssh, you can't see thibs

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MourningView posted:

I don't know what this is but I am suddenly so invested in it

Ice Cube has started a summer 3v3 basketball league, white chocolate AI and Chauncey are also already confirmed. There is a 4 point shot spot in this league. I am so very ready.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The wiki has the rules setup, it's half court first to 60 points, no defensive 3 seconds and "All defensive strategies allowed".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIG3

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Yeahhhhh Kemba made it

I'm so happy with that, I love Kemba very much and he deserved it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Spencer Hawes is basically a Young College Republican who thinks he's still in school

He's trash but he was still a much better option than Hibbert. I'm happy to be done with both of them tbh, miles is the lesser professional plumlee but I'm hoping he can give us maybe 15 minutes of mediocre ball a night. Why did the Bucks do this deal anyway? For us it gets rid of some dead weight and opens a spot for perhaps another move, what do the bucks get out of Hawes and Hibbert?

E: drat I saw his contract, whew. Whatever, people will call it a bad trade for us but I don't have to think about Hawes's greasy face or lovely politics, and I don't have to watch Roy Hibbert struggle to move his wooden legs up the floor. I'm good with this for now.

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 2, 2017

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

chunkles posted:

Spencer Hawes may be an idiot fuckhole but I don't think I've heard any problems about him as a teammate??

no one seemed to actively dislike him, he's definitely not locker room cancer. I just hate his dumb face and I vehemently disagree with his politics.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/831186530362335233

I'm... not entirely sure what the idea is here, other than I guess we had open roster spots so why not? Someone help me out

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lockback posted:

Charlotte will waive him and get money from Cleveland. Cleveland gets a smaller tax bill and a trade exemption. Charlotte basically rented Cleveland a roster spot for the time it takes to waive Birdman.

Yep

https://twitter.com/hornets/status/831220633027608576

I guess now they just need to find someone to use the money on

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

They were doing a "Let's go Sixers" chant in Charlotte tonight.. We lost.

Save me.

• Locked thread